Suicune Safeguard Ability

CelebiSpirit

I used Exp. Share on my suicune with safeguard and had it on the bench. I had a water energy attached to my yveltal EX, which was killed by another Yveltal EX. When I tried moving my energy to suicune it was discarded instead of attached to him. It appears as if the safeguard ability prevented Exp. Share from working properly. I also tried using Y Cyclone to attach an energy from Yveltal EX to Suicune but it was also discarded...I'm expecting this one not to be a bug but it would be a helpful reminder to not have the option to attach an energy to Suicune by using Y cyclone, just to see it discarded.

Guest ArtichokeCat

yeah i don't recommend y cycloning onto your safeguard pokemon because of their ability, which states that they're unaffected by the effects of ANY pokemon ex, not just the opponents.

yea definitely don't y cyclone to safeguard pokemon. but I think its a fair punishment for players being careless and not realising this

that aside, I do think that the suicune with the exp share should have inherited the energy from a fallen EX pokemon. however do make sure that the pokemon was knocked out by an attack as that is needed to activate it. If the pokemon was knockout out by something aside from opponent's attack like poison damage it would not activate based on the description of exp share.

The EXP. Share was activated. but when I clicked on an energy and clicked ok, it was discarded instead of tranfered to suicune.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello trainers!

The issue with Y Cyclone is not a bug, as other players have stated.

However, the issue regarding Exp. Share is a bug. I will be submitting it to the Dev team for investigation and closing this thread.

As always, thanks for your reports! :)

Archived