Inactive timer ticking to 0:00 makes game freeze

SlowpokeXXL

This is being used by players to troll their opponent when they feel that they have no chance of winning the game anymore. In my experience this bug wasn't there yet when the inactive timer was 1 minute - it started happening when the inactive timer was changed to 15 seconds. Please look into it, thank you. :)

Hi SlowpokeXXL,

Are you still experiencing this? It could be due to a temporary loss in connection on either player's side which did not result in removal from the game. If you continue to experience this frequently, we recommend checking your connection for stability, closing any unnecessary background programs that could be interfering with your connection, and running an antivirus/malware scan.

Please let us know how it goes, and thanks for your report!

This has happened to me twice already. Basically i was winning and was about to knockout his last pokemon to collect my last prize, and he starts going inactive.. he kept waiting for the inactive timer to go down a couple of seconds and then click continue so the timer went away. he did this for about 15 minutes to troll or make me mad or something, then after 15 minutes of letting the timer go down and clicking continue, he finally let the timer go to zero.. i thought okay i won now.. but i didnt because my client froze and doesnt give me the winning screen. however his turn timer was still ticking down in the background so i know its not my computer..(i waited for it to go to 0 just to see what would happen but nothing happens), so i have to ctrl alt delete the client. this is the second time it happened.. please fix this terrible bug/troll. i think after 3-5 times of going inactive you should just get auto kicked the next time you go inactive seems like a good fix. thank you

i confirm this happens to me and it is not my internet because i was tabbed out browsing the internet on my computer while waiting for the guy to finally let it tick down to 0:00, he was doing it for 15 minutes before finally letting it get to 0:00. this has never happened to me before the last patch and ive won many times by people going inactive

and it is not my internet because i was alt tabbing browsing the web while waiting for him to stop trolling, even if you get a victory after he let the timer actually get to zero, i don't think its right that he is allowed to do that for 15-20 minutes. thanks

This is a serious bug that needs to be resolved ASAP. More and more, losing players are letting the 15-second inactivity timer expire to freeze the game and prevent a win.

One of my opponents even boasted that he'd never let me win! It seems we've got some very poor losers around here. I will not be playing until this bug is fixed.

Hello MakiSushi,

I'm sorry to hear that you have run into a couple of users that would choose to play that way. I have submitted this to the development team as feedback.

Thank you!

was this person's name [Content removed - posting player information is not permitted. -Prof. Poplar] because I had the exact same proble twice aswell?

I've had issues with the game client locking up after my opponent's inactive timer hit zero. The client doesn't actually freeze, though, as the swirling animations in the background still run, instead, it appears that the client just doesn't know how to proceed so it stays on that screen with no escape but to close the game.When it happened most recently, I happened to be viewing my discard pile when the timer popped up. Perhaps that had something to do with it?

the time of the opponent ends and the game crashes !! [**********************************************************************************************************************************]

it could be your computer protecting itself, overheating and graphic cards requirements are the reason it can crash.

i dont think it is the opposing players, fault, pokemon tgco uses alot of memory on your computer, and it will cause it to heat and the fan to stir very loud, when you are browsing as well as playing pokemon, it will increase the heating of the elements of your computer. what are the specs of your computer? overheating can cause the game to crash

the 15 seconds doesnt happen to me: correction it does happen, as the first poster said, if the person has no choice of winning they use the timer 0:00 to freeze the game, and it forces you to close the game, so the tournament is forfeited.

Hello trainers!

The Dev team is on this one and will be looking for a fix. Again, we thank you for all of your reports and your patience! :)

Archived