Remove "Tokens" as a prize for Gifts won on the Roulette

darkwolf7786

Is there any reason why Tokens are a Gift Prize? 50% of the prizes on the Roulette itself ARE Tokens. When you manage to land on a Gift Box, wouldn't you want it to be something that's would be worth getting as a gift? Tokens are not suitable for a rare prize on a Roulette (unless it were large enough, like 100, as you could at least get a 5-card pack with it)

To add, there is no knowing how many Tokens are even given this way because the game does not tell you, so this needs to be changed. My rare gift prize has no impact when its simply tokens, and even less when I have no clue how many tokens it was.

Hi darkwolf7786,

I'll submit your feedback and suggestions for review by the Dev team and leave this thread open for discussion in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

I think that giving tokens in the roulette is not bad, but it can be improved:

- For starters, 1-3-5 tokens is a little too bad. Perhaps 5-8-12 could be ok, being faster than now but not too fast to get lots of booster packs in one day

- More of a visual improvement... when you get tokens in the roulette, the obtained tokens show twice (First the ones won in the roulette and then the ones got in the game plus the ones got in the roulette). It should do it only once

I didn't say removing Tokens from the Roulette itself. I said removing Tokens from the GIFTS on the Roulette.

Seriously, the gift box just gave more coins despite the roulette being full of them?

Glad I decided against spending the whole day doing ranked now :P

It would indeed be nice if the Gift Box could at the very least reward you with more Coins than the regular spin rewards do. Anything between 5-10 would be fine in my opinion. Getting 1 single Coin from the Gift Box feels pretty bad.

It would indeed be nice if the Gift Box could at the very least reward you with more Coins than the regular spin rewards do. Anything between 5-10 would be fine in my opinion. Getting 1 single Coin from the Gift Box feels pretty bad.

Based on the current settings, any user who lands on the Mystery Box and receives Trainer Tokens should receive 10 tokens. This is 2x-10x the number of Trainer Tokens that can be received by landing on one of the Trainer Token panels. If you're only receiving 1 Trainer Token from the Mystery Box then it should be reported as a bug.

You should be able to see how many Trainer Tokens you received after the match by clicking on the Rewards tab in the Match Results window. If you're not seeing the Trainer Tokens received from the Mystery Box the Rewards tab, please create a thread in the Report a Bug section so that we can investigate. On a related note, I filed a bug report this morning for an issue that limits the number of Trainer Token rewards displayed in the Reward tab to 3.

I suppose we shouldn't sound too picky about what we're getting. The roulette is a big change that gives players more than ever before, especially since it has added Promo Cards we wouldn't have been able to get otherwise as these cards never had codes for the Online game, which means many future promos may become available.

Even so, when comparing a prize of a shiny new promo or other bonus to something like 10 tokens, players just think "oh boy, 8 more of these and I might get a 5-pack, or 49 more of these and I can get that shiny new deck" and having to win the rare prize of "10 tokens" 49 more times to get something you would've wanted doesn't seem like such a good prize in the long run. I suppose they can be used to get clothes and stuff for your avatar, but most players tend to have "I need more cards" on their minds.

Also, I have never seen "Token Rewards from Gift Box" shown in the Results screen. The results page does not show that information.

Guest ArtichokeCat

I love tokens! What people wanted was more tokens for winning matches in the 1st place anyway, so I don't see why we are complaining. We can get that + possibly more!

Agreed, I'm absolutely happy with with the tokens and prizes, never been so excited about the game.

I love how the developers listen the community and right now I wouldn't ask for anything because they've given us so much.

Agreed, I'm absolutely happy with with the tokens and prizes, never been so excited about the game.

I love how the developers listen the community and right now I wouldn't ask for anything because they've given us so much.

^^

Gift box should obviously gives anything else than tokens. Or a much bigger amount like 50+ to help buying a pack.

But mind you, this wheel is the best update in a while :)!

• 4 weeks later...

I for one enjoy getting the tokens and really enjoy the spinner. I think it is a wonderful addition. My only suggestions are:

1) perhaps implement a second, different colored mystery box (perhaps blue) which contains tokens/tickets/packs/coins, and second which contains a card/pack.

2) A more frequently updated list of what is available within the wheel and maybe a notice of when it will change.

3) (Least important) to be rid of the 1x trainer token slot as it is rather frustrating when you get that after several matches.

As always thanks for listening.

PKMNResearcher

I for one enjoy getting the tokens and really enjoy the spinner. I think it is a wonderful addition. My only suggestions are:

1) perhaps implement a second, different colored mystery box (perhaps blue) which contains tokens/tickets/packs/coins, and second which contains a card/pack.

2) A more frequently updated list of what is available within the wheel and maybe a notice of when it will change.

3) (Least important) to be rid of the 1x trainer token slot as it is rather frustrating when you get that after several matches.

PKMNResearcher

while i agreed to the first 2, i must somewhat inform you about the token prize in the gift box, it is not 1 but it is 15-25 tokens, but for some reason when you open it in the viewer it only says 1, but then again rest assured it isn't.:)

PKMNResearcher

1 Good idea, love it.

2 Yes please, and also a way to see the list somewhere in the program itself so you don't have to go to the forum for it.3 Very frustrating indeed.

I support this. Considering the mystery gifts are not won that often, it's disgusted me that I've won 1 pokecoin - when I could have won more on the rest of the wheel. For shame!

Guest ArtichokeCat
I support this. Considering the mystery gifts are not won that often, it's disgusted me that I've won 1 pokecoin - when I could have won more on the rest of the wheel. For shame!

You actually get 25...

Archived