Play with old cards

KarpGrinder

I'd love to have an option to obtain cards from much older sets than are currently available in the PTCGO - even if they could only be played in a 'classic mode' option in versus and were non-tradeable.

This would significantly increase play options and get more people playing.

I'd love to have an option to obtain cards from much older sets than are currently available in the PTCGO - even if they could only be played in a 'classic mode' option in versus and were non-tradeable.

This would significantly increase play options and get more people playing.

I second this. Most of my good memories related to Pokemon TCG are playing against my Father's Rain Dance deck with my Mewtwo Alakazam deck. Good times, those were!

Hello!

While the Dev team may not currently be interested in splitting the player base up further by creating new modes of play, I'll submit your suggestion for future consideration and leave this thread open in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Hello!

While the Dev team may not currently be interested in splitting the player base up further by creating new modes of play, I'll submit your suggestion for future consideration and leave this thread open in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

I wouldn't really consider it splitting the player base. We already have the Unlimited mode of play, but unfortunately we only have a handful of sets available on PTCGO that are not part of the Standard format. In addition, those few old sets we do have are exceptionally rare because there is currently no way to obtain them. It would be nice to see more choices for Unlimited so that it can be a more interesting mode to play.

I wouldn't really consider it splitting the player base. We already have the Unlimited mode of play, but unfortunately we only have a handful of sets available on PTCGO that are not part of the Standard format. In addition, those few old sets we do have are exceptionally rare because there is currently no way to obtain them. It would be nice to see more choices for Unlimited so that it can be a more interesting mode to play.

Unlimited will continue to grow as the game moves more and more sets out of rotation. Right now there's not all that much, true... In a few years there'll be a lot more to it.

While it would be really cool to have all the old sets back (the 1st original few sets were part of my childhood), I can't see much gain for the development for doing so. Many of the older cards are so behind on the power curve that they're completely and utterly outmatched by anything played in the sets currently available. No one, outside of collectors and people struck by nostalgia would really be bothering getting these old cards.

There are a few cards that might be able to hold up today. Not many, but there are a select few. Some examples are Haunter from Fossil, Cyclone Energy from Skyridge, or some of the Delta Species cards. Sure they aren’t the best cards ever made, but they could fill a niche in more than one deck that would shake up unlimited mode just a little.

That being said, I would think the best way to reintroduce them would be though the random prize at the end of matches, but that’s just how I would do it.

Unlimited will continue to grow as the game moves more and more sets out of rotation. Right now there's not all that much, true... In a few years there'll be a lot more to it.

While it would be really cool to have all the old sets back (the 1st original few sets were part of my childhood), I can't see much gain for the development for doing so. Many of the older cards are so behind on the power curve that they're completely and utterly outmatched by anything played in the sets currently available. No one, outside of collectors and people struck by nostalgia would really be bothering getting these old cards.

We could have play using old sets only. Also, the level was quite constant till DP era. Then the power curve started increasing......

Archived