Plasma Steel deck

pokewat

Making a deck based on Plasma Steel ability.

3-1-3 line of Klinklang

2 - Cobalion LT

2 - Cobalion EX

1 - Skarmory EX

2 Muscle Band

2 Float Stone

1 Life Sew

3 N

3 Jun

2 Lysandre

1 Cheren

1 Colress

2 Skyla

1 Tool Scrapper

1 Startling Megaphone

2 Rare Candy

2 Energy Retrieval

2 Switch

1 Escape Rope

1 Level Ball

1 Heavy Ball

1 Evosoda

2 Random Receiver

1 Super Rod

1 Shauna

2 Enhanced Hammer

1 Team Flare Grunt

10 Metal Energy

Any improvements in this deck would be welcome. I only have 2 Cobalion, 2 Cobalion EX and 3 PS Klinklang. Any other Pokemon additions you advise would be nice. This deck falls to Pyroar. But other Fire types it can deal with, i feel. Any weaknesses you spot and remedies would be much appreciated.

does plasma steel still work in this day and age?

not sure how useful the energy discarding cards are for this deck, sure it delays the opponent for you to get the klinklang out, but then again having the klinklang out doesn't really help that much these days.

I think with only 10 energy in the deck it might be worth running at least 1 prof's letter

honestly I don't think Pyroar is the only problem for this deck, there are still way too many deck that have an advantage over this deck. Its nice that it protects all the metal pokes from EXs but it lacks any form of energy acceleration and can't even benefit from double colorless energy so its just a matter of draw and pray for energy, I think it might still have some purpose had the old klinklang been around but just the plasma steel klingklang alone is quite hard to make an impression

does plasma steel still work in this day and age?

I think with only 10 energy in the deck it might be worth running at least 1 prof's letter

honestly I don't think Pyroar is the only problem for this deck, there are still way too many deck that have an advantage over this deck.

I have 2 Profs Letter, i forgot to mention in the main post. I play Enhanced Hammer as i had space in my deck and found it very useful to get those DCE's and Plasma Energies out of the game.

If i face a Non-EX deck, I can focus on my 5 attackers, none of which are weak. If i am able to set up just one, against a non-Fire deck, I can hold my own. I have beaten many Yveltal/Darkrai and TDK with this deck. Also, every deck has it's weaknesses. VirGen and Plasma TDK have pretty poor matchups with Pyroar.

Could you give another example except Pyroar and Garbodor please??

Pyroar

Garbodor

Aromatisse/Max Potion

Weavile

Delphox

Dusknoir

Plasmas with Absol/Snorlax

G-Booster

essentially any deck with the ability to overcome the one energy attachment per turn has a big advantge over klinklang because metal pokemon have almost no acceleration

I agree that every deck has unfavorable matches, but I'm saying the klinklang deck doesn't have that many favorable matches. in fact I'm not entirely sure what would be a favorable matchup. I suppose Yveltal/Darkrai is somewhat favorable. I don't believe the old/new TDKs have that much of a disadvantage against the klinklang deck. even with Kyurem's weakness to metal, it has a high likelihood of dealing daamge early and frost spear can ********* in the bench quite easily.

With One Escape Rope and 2 Lysandre's, TDK is easy to beat. As you said the problem is the deck's inherent weaknesses. Also, I think of Teching in a Keldeo EX for Prize denial, inspired by Artichoke's idea of Aromatisse.

What about Aromatisse-KlingKlang? That might be a bit faster.

issue is then you have pokemon that aren't ex protected. Which ruins the biggest advantage of the deck

escape ropes and lysandre at best would level the playing field against TDK, I wouldn't go as far to say that it gets you much more than that

• 2 weeks later...

So, i edited my deck to help with the fire weakness and it's slow setup time for prize denial and an awesome card i learned about.

My newer decklist.

3-1-2 line of Klinklang

2 - Cobalion LT

2 - Cobalion EX

3-2 line of Lucario with Iron armor ability

2 Keldeo EX

2 Muscle Band

3 Float Stone

3 N

3 Jun

2 Lysandre

1 Colress

3 Skyla

1 Startling Megaphone

1 Rare Candy

2 Switch

1 Escape Rope

1 Ultra Ball

1 Level Ball

1 Heavy Ball

2 Evosoda

1 Random Receiver

2 Super Rod

2 Prof's Letter

7 Metal Energy

4 Fighting Energy

Keldeo is very useful in prize denial especially is opponent has used up his Lysandre(s). Lucario hasnt the weakness to fire, is an evolved pokemon and with muscle band can easily hit for 170 mid-game for only 3 energy and it's ability helps protect it from EXs. This decklist, i think is much more stable than the last one. Any more suggestions?

Archived