best theme deck to compete

PokéBattler

I wonder what the best theme deck is to buy with tokens. I am looking for a theme deck that is good for the tournaments, so that I can win at least one time when I enter a tournament. It's very frustrating when you do not have powerfull cards to compete in these tournaments, but even with theme decks, it seems to be impossible for noobs.

I wonder what the best theme deck is to buy with tokens. I am looking for a theme deck that is good for the tournaments, so that I can win at least one time when I enter a tournament. It's very frustrating when you do not have powerfull cards to compete in these tournaments, but even with theme decks, it seems to be impossible for noobs.

I beg to disagree! I use theme decks in tourneys sometimes but I still win. Theme decks are purely based on draw and high amount of luck, because for me theme decks are balanced. I entered 4 tournament in the past tournament testing which restricted the players by only allowing us to use theme decks.:) I used the Basic Red theme deck by the way. So it is never IMPOSSIBLE! Good luck, and i suggest get he decks Resilient Life or Destruction Rush.

I've won a good amount of tournaments with just the basic Grass deck. It works really well for me. :D

I have entered and won 2 with Basic Water. It is possible!!

Guest ArtichokeCat

Anything goes, really. I really think that all the theme decks aren't that good. There are only a fraction of good attackers, and very little draw cards. So I would suppose that one of the basic decks they start you off with would be the best choice because they are the most balanced.

• 3 weeks later...

For Theme Deck tournaments, I'd probably go with Mystic Typhoon. It has Professor Sycamore and Roller Skates for drawability, Pokemon Fan Club, Evosoda and Pokeball for quick set-up, Professor's Letter for energy draw, and Pokemon Center Lady for both HP and status healing.

As for the pokemon, it has Energy Grace Milotic for energy recovery and prize manipulation, Furret for additional drawability, Dusclops for Chandelure EX-style sniping (though it's more expensive with him), Meowstic for damage counter manipulation, Miltank for low-cost, high powered attack, and Walrein for sheer raw power.

Guest ArtichokeCat
For Theme Deck tournaments, I'd probably go with Mystic Typhoon. It has Professor Sycamore and Roller Skates for drawability, Pokemon Fan Club, Evosoda and Pokeball for quick set-up, Professor's Letter for energy draw, and Pokemon Center Lady for both HP and status healing.

As for the pokemon, it has Energy Grace Milotic for energy recovery and prize manipulation, Furret for additional drawability, Dusclops for Chandelure EX-style sniping (though it's more expensive with him), Meowstic for damage counter manipulation, Miltank for low-cost, high powered attack, and Walrein for sheer raw power.

Yup. My strategy: Get Walrein out on bench, get Miltank out in Active, start steamrolling! Meowstic is usually backup and end of game clean-up.

They really need to consider making Buttermilk a Theme Deck.

Archived