Card art not showing up half the time.

mtgpwns

This is frustrating. I have refreshed. I have re-downloaded twice. I even reformated my hard drive and reloaded the most current drivers. I still am not able to see the cards half the time. Instead, I see a world symbol an arrow with a line through it and a computer symbol. I have lost tournament games because of this. PLEASE FIX!!!!

Hi mtgpwns,

When you see a Red X or other image in place of a card’s graphics, this typically means that the card has not yet loaded its graphic. Sometimes waiting a few moments can give the cards enough time to load. Alternatively, you can switch the collection view to tiled and then back to your preferred view; this will often force the card(s) to load fully.

Some other things that may help include improving your game performance by following the tips below:

Improve Game Performance

• Ensure that you have the newest video and audio drivers for your system, downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
  • Try lowering your desktop resolution to 1024x768.
  • Once in the game, go to your Settings and change performance to "Fastest" and uncheck the special effect boxes, lower your game resolution to 1024x768.
  • Try switching the game to windowed mode from the in-game Settings.
  • Run a virus / malware scan. From your Windows system accessories run Disk Defragmenter.
  • Before running TCGO, close any unnecessary background programs (web browsers, word processor, etc.).

Having this same trouble, haven't played in quite a long time due to it. Is it possible my 4G internet is just too slow? Are the images being downloaded, each time I play, from your servers? I don't know why they would take so long if not.

Happens when you first get the client. I think the card images don't come with the client and are being downloaded the first time you encounter them.

After a couple of times, it should be already downloaded and viewing shouldn't be an issue. At least that's what I think happens. :P

The card images themselves are pretty big if you play on a big screen.

I have been dealing with this over a month. Nothing has helped. None of this explains why They don't load during games. I have a good computer and have taken all your advice. The game worked perfectly at first. I just don't get it.

This is sooo annoying when playing against someone and they get to search for a card, it shows me and X and after a few sec the window goes away and I don't know what they got -.-

Archived