Furious Fists

pokewat

When will the new set be available online?? Also, does it have any cards that will revolutionize play?? I have heard a lot about M Lucario EX for example....

i think there is some great fighting support... it mainly employs power but i doubt the speed will be enough also some pretty intreting water cards imo..

just check it out most of the cards are on bulbapedia already japonese versions but all the text is translated..

you know cuz the energy acceleration is louzy... fighting needs its own version of dark patch :D the only card i saw that might speed it up a bit is landorus non ex :)

1 of the only cards that caught my attention was the sweet Training Center Stadium since i love playing stage 1's stage 2 decks!

seismitoad ex + garbodor = game over for any deck that depends on ability (blastoise/emboar etc..),,,blaziken is very good,,can hit 150 any pokemon in play and ofc runing silver bangle because every stage 2 is under 160 hp makes it potentialy 1hit ko on any ex poke,,not megas...and ofc dragonite,,new scramble switch in grass deck,,focus band is also good but i'm not sure if fighting pokes will get any chance even with all of support,,they lack energy acceleration that many decks have, but those who can hit for 1 energy for a lot could be good,,landorus ex as example...

With the new Machamp and Landorus coming out in Furious Fists, Korrina is certainly going to be the card of choice for Fighting decks. With the ability to get both any Fighting Pokemon and an item card, it will make the use of Stage 2 Pokemon and Rare Candy very justifiable on Fighting decks, and the new Landorus functions like a compromise between Oblivion Wing Yveltal and Thundurus-Ex, so that'll help with Energy acceleration.

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as the news of Furious Fist gets out, Landorus-EX's price went up. Landorus-ex's Hammerhead+Muscle Band+Strong Energy+Fighting Stadium 70+30bench to regular pokemon and 90+30bench to pokemon ex on 1st turn. Very Scary. More deadly than even frost spear

As soon as the news of Furious Fist gets out, Landorus-EX's price went up. Landorus-ex's Hammerhead+Muscle Band+Strong Energy+Fighting Stadium 70+30bench to regular pokemon and 90+30bench to pokemon ex on 1st turn. Very Scary. More deadly than even frost spear

Wont it be rotated out of format by then??

The Fighting type has been in need of support for years now, and it's certainly getting a healthy amount from Furious Fists. However, what the Fighting type really needs in the way of support is Energy acceleration, and I'm not seeing any of that here.

I think in general, the Fighting type will get a little bit stronger, but it won't become a common type.

• 2 weeks later...

oh, but there is, and just in the announced japaneese expansion alone. Flygon, for starters: for one colorless energy, you can take as many basic energy from your hand and attach them to you pokemon any way you like. Then, with the new Landorus, you can take one basic energy from your discard pile and attach it to one of your bench pokemon (he can retreat for one energy as well).

Of course, to get either of those going there's two decent supporters that'll help: Korrina and Battle Reporter. Korrina lets you search for one fighting type pokemon and one item card (like Professor's Letter or Super Energy Retreival), while Battle Reporter lets you draw cards until you have the same number as your opponent's holding. Of course you could use Maintainance (shuffle two cards from your hand into your deck to draw one) to increase Battle Reporter's effectiveness, and I'm sure there'll be more announced soon.

Guest ArtichokeCat

Can Korrina just search an Item even if you don't have any Fighting type Pokemon in your deck?

Because I'm thinking that it would be a replacement for Skyla if it rotates.

Does Flygon have another attack as well?

And don't forget when Machamp comes into play that's an additional 20 damage. Of course if you're looking for durability, then there's the Focus Sash tool, which leaves your fighting types alive with 10 HP if they'd be KOd by an attack (you discard the tool once that happens, though.)

Can Korrina just search an Item even if you don't have any Fighting type Pokemon in your deck?

Because I'm thinking that it would be a replacement for Skyla if it rotates.

Does Flygon have another attack as well?

I'm reading the translation of the Japaneese card (which could have been mistranslated) but I don't see why not. Of course Skyla can search for ANY Trainer card (including other Supporters and Stadiums) whereas Korrina can only seek items (and fighting pokemon) in your deck, so she'd be pretty watered down if there's no fighting pokemon to search for.

As for Flygon, his other attack is Side Sweep, which requires one grass, one fighting, and one of any energy to use, does 70 damage to the active, and heals 30 from each of your pokemon that has energy attached.

The problem with Flygon is that it's a Stage 2 Pokémon, and I can foresee dedicated Fighting decks already having a staple Stage 2: Machamp. Relying on two different Stage 2 'mons for support just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. (Yes, I know RayBoarFox was a decent deck... until Druddigon came out. XD)

Archived