How sore of a loser can you be?

Milennin

So I've built a new deck and decide to try it out in practice mode. I get matched up against this guy with a grass deck, while I'm playing with my new fire deck. I beat him pretty easily, and after taking his last prize card he refuses to pick his new active Pokémon to end the match (why does it work like that anyway?). He just waits until the inactive player message appears and clicks it away, and repeats that over again until his total timer has almost run out (over 15 minutes).

I went away doing some things meanwhile and when I come back he's still at it. Seriously, how sore of a loser can you be? It's really funny to me that someone can be this sore about a loss in a practice match, but I also feel kind of sorry for him, haha. :P

Anyone else ever come across players like these?

Yeah,,one guy decided to play his energy and than returning to hand for 10min,,and we played on expert which makes sense to go against strong players, but i guess he didn't like it...

I seem to have people concede matches pretty regularly in teh first 1-2 turns. I just assume they dont like their starting hands. What ever happened to standing your ground till the last prize is lost? lol

I seem to have people concede matches pretty regularly in teh first 1-2 turns. I just assume they dont like their starting hands. What ever happened to standing your ground till the last prize is lost? lol

I always concede the moment I see my opponent load their board with EX Pokémon, lol. Ain't nobody got time to deal with that ****-

I don't think there is anything wrong with conceding when you're in a hopeless situation. It both saves you and the opponent some time. Nevertheless there are a lot of people which still prematurely resign during a game because they got a horrendous starting hand for example. There is still a chance they could top deck a supporter and get back into the game.

I find it surprising that so many are complaining about people conceding here on PTCGO. In chess and other similar boardgames it's considered rude not to concede when you're in a hopelessly lost position.

I always concede the moment I see my opponent load their board with EX Pokémon, lol. Ain't nobody got time to deal with that ****-

Only ex's in my deck are two mews. and i've had people with a bench full of ex's concede as soon as i put a double colorless on a mew.

Seriously though, even without the mew, i've taken down a few people who load their board with EX pokemon. its all about determination Well and a little bit of luck.

@Cymantex - I can see your point, I guess I'm just too stubborn to believe there's a hopeless situation. I've had to struggle for 8 turns with nothing but a bunneary on the board all it takes is the right card at the right moment and hopeless becomes plausibility.

Only ex's in my deck are two mews. and i've had people with a bench full of ex's concede as soon as i put a double colorless on a mew.

Seriously though, even without the mew, i've taken down a few people who load their board with EX pokemon. its all about determination Well and a little bit of luck.

@Cymantex - I can see your point, I guess I'm just too stubborn to believe there's a hopeless situation. I've had to struggle for 8 turns with nothing but a bunneary on the board all it takes is the right card at the right moment and hopeless becomes plausibility.

I've also beaten decks using EXes in the past, and still do sometimes when they land the field mid/late-game when I don't feel like conceding right away. But when my 60HP basic Pokémon is facing a board of 170+HP Pokémon right from the bat I don't really feel it's worth my time playing the match.

I honestly don't mind playing against someone who puts in a Charizard EX in their deck because it happens to be their favourite Pokémon, but way too often I see people playing a bunch of EXes just because they're crazy powerful (they are). But I suppose I'm the scrubby kind of player; I do have a good amount of EX Pokémon in my collection now, but I don't like the art on most of them. I do run a Shaymin EX in my grass deck because I love the full art version of it, but for my other decks I do without any.

On the subject of conceding; I usually only concede when I know there's not a single way out of a loss, otherwise I try to stick around seeing if I can turn it around with a good draw. Crazy comebacks sometimes happen. :D

I've also beaten decks using EXes in the past, and still do sometimes when they land the field mid/late-game when I don't feel like conceding right away. But when my 60HP basic Pokémon is facing a board of 170+HP Pokémon right from the bat I don't really feel it's worth my time playing the match.

I honestly don't mind playing against someone who puts in a Charizard EX in their deck because it happens to be their favourite Pokémon, but way too often I see people playing a bunch of EXes just because they're crazy powerful (they are). But I suppose I'm the scrubby kind of player; I do have a good amount of EX Pokémon in my collection now, but I don't like the art on most of them. I do run a Shaymin EX in my grass deck because I love the full art version of it, but for my other decks I do without any.

On the subject of conceding; I usually only concede when I know there's not a single way out of a loss, otherwise I try to stick around seeing if I can turn it around with a good draw. Crazy comebacks sometimes happen. :D

Yeah. I often face decks full of Rainbows, Prisms, Blends and all sorts of FA EXs. I have 15 EXs now, so i try to incorporate 3-4 in a deck if they fit.

LOL, I was trying out Cinccino (with Smooth Coat ability) in my deck, and got good luck with my coin flips in this one match to keep deflecting my opponent's attacks. My opponent got so mad that he decided to stall out the match until his total time limit expired. That was really funny. :D

I can see people conceding if they fail to draw the card they need with the last prize. But honestly, if you concede every single time you have a bad opening draw, you are not gonna be able to handle those situations when tournaments come along. They are always gonna be the one with 1 pack prize (or just 32 tokens, lol) Well, it's their lost.

I keep getting people complain that combos I use are illegal or should be illegal. I'm playing around with a variant of the old Cobalion-Klinklang deck from the last format using Aromatisse instead of the now out of rotation BW KK and Prism and Rainbow energies so I can move them around as Fairy energy but use them as Steel (or Water or Lightning). I had this cat just a minute ago tell me as I was trouncing him that should only be legal on basic energy...

Yesterday, same deck, I played a guy who was running a dark-EX deck with some Sableye which he used to Hammer all my energy in the discard pile. Well, at that point I couldn't attack, but my Plasma KK kept all his EXes at bay. It was essentially a stalemate but he kept using supporters until he decked. On his last turn he chose to tell me all about how I was a loser who had built a deck with no strategy and I should build decks to win instead of being pathetic.

Seriously? I'm just sick of playing my top tier decks where I pretty much know going in that I'm going to win 80-85% of the time. It's more fun for me right now to play a deck that only has a win ratio of about 60% so I know I actually have to put some thought and effort into winning and even then, I still might lose. I end up getting that kind of abuse pretty much every time I step away from my top tier decks for a while. Anyone else in the same boat?

Guest ArtichokeCat

Rapidash and other Agility decks probably get the same hate,

but I haven't experienced anything yet playing my Rapi-Tales deck.

Probably because I can't say anything back.

Ouch there are always those stallers online. I dont remember playing against someone like that but the most annoying thing that someone did was spam the chat while we played...

Hi everyone,

It looks like this thread has run its course, and as such I will be closing the thread.

Please remember that you have the ability to report players that are not following the terms of use and forum rules.

You can report a player in-game by clicking their silhouette in chat or through a player search and clicking the exclamation/report button. Additionally, you can report a player at any time by submitting a support ticket. To submit a ticket, click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question". Submitting a ticket will allow you to submit more details than an in-game report.

Thanks for your understanding!

Archived