error downloading preload data, check your internet

ClassicFAIL

My boyfriend jsut got a new computer and he keeps getting an error saying that the tcgo had an error downloading preload data, and it says to check your internet connection. how do i fix this?

Fixed it! if you use windows 7 check for updates, then uninstall and reinstall and then restart your computer. It works for us.

Im using windows 7, but my pc has nothing to update, already updated last time, may i know what kind of updates u did?

This is a known issue and the development team is currently looking into it. Unfortunately, an official fix is not available at this time. Here are some general things that you can try to see if it resolves the issue.

• Make sure your computer has the minimum amount of RAM required to run TCGO.
  • If you can run TCGO while in Windows Safe Mode, this may point to a corrupt driver. Ensure that you update your graphics and audio drivers.
  • Try 'Run as Administrator' with Pokémon Trading Card Game Online.exe, right click on the file to select the option.
  • Shut down unnecessary 3rd party software.
  • Check your computer for viruses and malware
  • Defrag your hard drive.
  • Try running TCGO from the TCGO Refresher, which can be found in your Pokémon TCGO folder.
  • Try lowering your desktop resolution to 1024x768.

It might help to flush your DNS cache to get rid of outdated data that can cause connection problems. Here are instructions for Windows 7:

1. Hold down the Windows key and press R. (This will open the Run dialogue.)
  2. Type cmd and press Enter. (This will open a command prompt.)
  3. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
  4. Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
  5. Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
  6. Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
  7. Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
  8. Reboot the computer.

• 1 month later...

Archived