ex restriction

Zhazut

recently ive been matched up with a lot of Players who would just spam kyurem reshiram yveltas ,basically 120+hp and their EX Versions,since this is getting tiring and boringly ***********d, i suggest to put a restriction on how many copies one can use of legendary pokemn and EX Cards

I assure you, those who just spam ex dont win alot of the time. The game will be alot more interesting and less boring for you if you view this "handicapped" as a challenge. Build some deck with solid basic foundation and play the game :).

Noted: This topic have been brought up umpteen time in the past. I dont think you ll get positive feed back for this one.. Hope over time the ex issue work out for ya.

You are complaining about this that means you dont know your pokemons well

I admit that EX pokemons are strong and sometimes IMBA but it is not unbeatable

I had at least 3 decks that consist non or only 1-2 EX and each of them that can match many well known decks

(like the dark/gar/yev, blast/kyurem, gen/vir, ray/boar, plasma TDK and more)

Use you wisdom and stop complaining since pure of mainly EX pokemons are not that strong

weavile lopunny. not a single ex, eats ex decks alive t2/3. infact EX decks are easier to beat than non ex decks... 3 kos or 6? do the math bro

Hahah go quadmor!;) probably the funniest deck for me and no EX just purely heatmor. Although not the strongest but can defeat EX decks as well, cheap and efficient if you get the right cards early on. So stop complaining and man up!;)

Lets be honest - the game is more imbalanced than it was 6 years ago. Or even 10 years ago. 6 years ago Exs were more balanced because they had appropriate hp to their stages... and not every ex was a basic pokemon. You aren't wrong that EX mechanics really need a balance overhaul - but that won't be happening anytime soon

weavile lopunny. not a single ex, eats ex decks alive t2/3. infact EX decks are easier to beat than non ex decks... 3 kos or 6? do the math bro

:P I run my weavile deck with Jirachis but I get your point, no one attacks with a Jirachi anyway.

Hahah go quadmor!;)

That deck is hilarious, I love it lol.

• 2 weeks later...

honestly, ko 3 pokemon-ex is much easier than going after 6 regular pokemon. Why don't you start by watching some of the tutorial videos by Topcut *******, it's very helpful. You can start with some of the cheap decks, like round or miltank/butterfree. But if your question is why can't my basic grass deck beat current meta, then you came to the wrong place.

Lets be honest - the game is more imbalanced than it was 6 years ago. Or even 10 years ago. 6 years ago Exs were more balanced because they had appropriate hp to their stages... and not every ex was a basic pokemon. You aren't wrong that EX mechanics really need a balance overhaul - but that won't be happening anytime soon

What makes all those EX pokemon so powerful is extremely overpowered trainers like Hypnotoxic Laser. I still can't wrap my head around how someone came to idea to introduce non-pokemon card that is causing direct damage to opponent's pokemon. I run Suicune and Sigilyph in my deck to counter monster EX pokemons, but all the time I run into Laser that kills them off without any intervention from their pokemon. Not to mention Team Plasma trainer cards. So much synergy without any downsides. You can have pretty much 4 Master balls in a form of Plasma Ball. Also, slightly weaker Blacksmith in a form of Item Card. List goes on. It's pretty silly. Only real counter is Silver mirror that can get annulled with a simple Tool Scraper and Megaphone. Things like that is what's causing balance issues, not only pokemon EX.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got into pokemon tcg online and I find EX pokemon extremely strong as basic pokemon. There should be some payoff for throwing a 150-180 hp creature on the board. I've been really lucky so far because I have two suicunes, who neglate all damage and status effects from EX pokemon. I would've lost almost every match if I didn't have them.

From what I've played the only way to counter EX pokemon are:

-Deny the enemy to attack (status effect, discard energy)

-Play a similar EX pokemon

-Play a pokemon that has an ability (safeguard) to prevents damage

I don't understand how some EX pokemon are just as good as a lot of stage 2 pokemon. It's probably too late to change the rules about them, but it might be fun to think about way to balance them;

-EX pokemon can't be played first turn

-You need to discard [insert number of cards] to play this EX pokemon

Archived