Are Trainer Cards Overpriced?

Guest ArtichokeCat

Guest ArtichokeCat

1. NO, I'm not talking about the FA ones.

2. Or the popular ones (Dark Patch, Skyla)

3. This will be focused on Most of the FF Trainers, etc. (Blacksmith, Lysandre, Pokemon Center Lady,)

(Pal Pad, Trick Shovel, Startling Megaphone etc)

I usually see that you can find these in random trade offers off Public trading a assortment of said above cards and others for 1-2 packs.

However, if you decide to get these cards individually via trading threads...well, I don't see why you would!

It's much easier to find them off Public at much cheaper prices.

For Random Example:

I mean, like Lysandre = 1 Pack at the moment

Off Public Trade, you might get that deal + 1 Blacksmith + 1 Startling Megaphone + 1 Pal Pad + 1 Trick Shovel

All of the extra cards would be .5 packs if obtained via trading thread.

Things like that.

Please comment with your thoughts.

Every card you can find in a trading thread is "over priced".

What I mean is that every card has a price range. And certainly every card listed can be bought for less then listed prices thus making it "over priced"

However there is always 2 sides to every coin!

A lot of the times you can see traders buy from trading threads and try to sell them immediately for more. This would make trading thread cards "under priced" ?

Going back to FF trainers, I do agree they are in general more "over priced" then other cards. You could offer 1 FF pack and get 4 Lysandres in public. However with patience Lysandres can still be flipped for 1 pack each.... Again there are 2 sides to every coin :)

About sky rocketing prices:

This kinda makes me wanna touch base on one more topic. How prices skyrocket.

Everyone wants to make a profit!

A volume trader may buy a FA Skyla for 13 packs. Sell it for 14 to trader A, who sells it to trader B for 15, who then sells it to trader C for 15 packs. Then when a volume trader tries to restock their cards they find that they can only buy the same card for 16 packs so prices are raised. The same volume trader may sell it now for 17 to trader D. And trader D will sell it to trader E for 18 Packs and so on.......

The Moral of the story is:

Its always better to make your profit on the front end - Buy low sell low.

But most ppl are lazy and ts just much easier to buy it from a thread and sell high@! This is what drives the market up :)

Guest ArtichokeCat
Every card you can find in a trading thread is "over priced".

About sky rocketing prices:

This kinda makes me wanna touch base on one more topic. How prices skyrocket.

Everyone wants to make a profit!

A volume trader may buy a FA Skyla for 13 packs. Sell it for 14 to trader A, who sells it to trader B for 15, who then sells it to trader C for 15 packs. Then when a volume trader tries to restock their cards they find that they can only buy the same card for 16 packs so prices are raised. The same volume trader may sell it now for 17 to trader D. And trader D will sell it to trader E for 18 Packs and so on.......

I see! so it kind of works like a pyramid scheme, where the earliest one get it the cheapest.

Archived