Computer Search x1

Escape Rope x1

Hypnotoxic Laser x2

Pal Pad x1

Startling Megaphone x2

Energy: 13

Fire x9

DCE x4

Essentially the strategy is to get out Charizard-Ex with a muscle band and 4 energies as fast as possible. Use the ultra balls + computer search to discard fire energy and Blacksmith to attach fire energy. Get out that Keldeo and attach a float stone to it so you can get 1 hit ko's every turn. The Delphox si ncie because it allows me to play my blacksmith's, skyla, lysander and not worry about running out of cards in my hand. Additionally its really good attacker against any safeguard poke or pyroar since you can 1 hit ko any of those pokes with it via attaching 1 fire energy for a turn then using a blacksmith, you are doing 110 damage w/o a muscle band. Druddigon is just in there for rayboar and deluge decks since they can 1 hit ko charizard. Hypnotoxic laser helps charizard-ex to get a 1 hit ko against 180 hp ex's.

The only problem I've had so far is against garbodar decks. I added in one extra startling megaphone to see if that would help, so I'll see.

Thoughts? Advice?

I leave my keldeo with a float stone in the active. When I get enough energy I just retreat and then use combustion blast, with a muscle band attached will 1 hit ko the yveltal. Usually they have another Yveltal on the bench which then 1 hit ko's my charizard, but I can usually just respond with either another charizard-ex, which only take me 1 turn to power up or stall using druddigon and attack for 90 damage, and then finish them off with another charizard or if I have to just use my delphox to hit for the rest of the damage.

in my experience playing charizard ex, the 1 turn power up charizard ex doesn't happen very often

Well as long as you keep drawing blacksmiths, tehn you can pretty much continue to power up your charizard. That's the beauty of delphox is that it ensures you keep going through your deck to quickly find the cards you need.

have u considerd running entei and pyroar instead of delphox line?

Entei Ex allows u to get faster set-up wuth energy from discard.

Pyroar stalls most Yveltals

I actually run combo like this, feel free to add me and we can check it out vs eachother

death by garbodor

no abilities = what can you do?

Lysandre & Startling megaphone take care of it ;)

has anyone ever considered workig an aerodactyl in there? i mean a good portion of the exes still have 180 hp so you might come 10 dmg short... idk if it works... just a thought

has anyone ever considered workig an aerodactyl in there? i mean a good portion of the exes still have 180 hp so you might come 10 dmg short... idk if it works... just a thought

I prefer cards like Iris, laser for that combo myself.

Archived