Game doesn't launch after update (Mac & Windows)

ZoroarkDisguise

Upon launching the game, the Refresher opened up (twice, mind you) and updated the game. I clicked play on one and closed the other, and now the game doesn't even try to open at all. The icon jumps on the dock once and the light under it is on, then immediately stops. This continues no matter how many times it's clicked.

Going into the Saved Application State folder and deleting the Pokemon folders there did nothing to resolve the issue. (The trash was securely emptied)

Refresher thinks the game is up to date and the game still cannot open.

I'd post a picture or link to the glitches game and Refresher icons, too, but that doesn't work here…

I suggest that you send a ticket into the support team so they can investigate this matter further. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question".

Thanks for your patience, and good luck!

I'm actually having the same problem (on Windows); the patch starts up and says it's completed, but when I click play, the game checks for new updates and restarts the patch. I emailed tech support (Ask a Question fails to sign me in for some reason).

Hello people,

After my game was updated today i cant get any futrther then the message "Please wait, loading assets..."

Any ideas how to solve this?

It is before i enter my name and password, on windows 7.

I am having the same problem here with my Mac. The game crashed every time I tried to launch it and it only start happening from yesterday. I don't know whether I should fire a ticket since it said they only response to account related issues. I hope this will be fixed soon.

on pc when i tried downloading it it says preload error check your internet connection and try again... and i know i have the recommended specs to be able to play it, and i know my internet is good. ive tried deleting it completely and redownloading it.. still the same problem.. ive submitted a ticket last night and it hasnt even been looked at yet.

For Mac users...

1. Please attempt to open the download package and drag both the TCGO game executable and the refresher in to your "Applications Folder". Your computer may be trying to run the refresher program from the applications folder. After dragging it there, run the refresher and load TCGO.

2. From your home screen, click on "Go" and look for the "Library" folder. If you do not see it, hold the "ALT / OPTION" key and it should appear. In the Library folder go to the "Saved Application State" folder and find the folders associated with the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online (should be one for the refresher and one for the game itself), delete these files. Try launching the game.

-----------------

If this does not resolve the issue, we recommend that you do a scan for adware / malware. Second, assuming that you have no hardware issues, run Repair Disk, restart computer, then re-set Permissions, and restart computer again.

If this does not resolve the issue, here are some other tips specifically for programs quitting unexpectedly:

• If the app is frozen, force quit the app. Press Option-Command (⌘)-Esc, select the app, then click Force Quit.
  • If the app quit, reopen it by clicking Reopen in the dialog that appears.
  • Restart your Mac.
  • Open the "Refresher" file in your Pokemon folder to see if it also crashes with the same error.
  • Restart your Mac in safe mode.
  • When applications quit unexpectedly or fail to launch, it can be a font problem. If you recently installed new fonts, remove them. If you disabled fonts with Font Book, particularly System fonts, re-enable them.

If you think there is a chance this issue could be caused by insufficient RAM, you can go to your System Preferences -> set Minimize using: Scale Effect; uncheck both "Animate opening applications" and "Automatically hide and show the Dock".

For Windows users...

.exe has stopped working..

Locate the file Pokémon Trading Card Online.exe. You should be able to find it by searching for "Pokemon" by hitting the Start Button and then typing in the search box.

Once you have located the file, right click on the .exe and go to "Properties" then select the "Compatibility" tab. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for"windows xp (service pack 3)".

Next, under "Privilege Level" check "Run this program as administrator".

Windows 8.1

If you are running Windows 8.1, and have an AMD or nVIDIA graphics card, please try the following as it has helped many other users:

- Open the Control Panel.

- Look for your GC control panel (Nvidia/AMD)

- Open the section to "manage 3D settings"

- At "Select a program to customize" click on the "Add" button and look for the PTCGO launcher.

- At "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program" chose the "High-performance NVIDIA processor"

- "Apply" at the right bottom

Can't Connect to Game

There are two ports that must be opened for the game to work: 8181 and 6967. 6967 is the "gateway" port that the client connects to momentarily to get information on which connection servers are available and their IP addresses. 8181 is the port that client makes a dedicated connection to in order to play the game.

Please note that your security settings, anti-virus software or Windows Defender could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it from connecting to the internet. You may want to review the documentation for your security software to find the method for adding the game client to the software's "safe programs" list.

Improve Game Performance

• Ensure that you have the newest video and audio drivers for your system, downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
  • Try lowering your desktop resolution to 1024x768.
  • Once in the game, go to your Settings and change performance to "Fastest" and uncheck the special effect boxes, lower your game resolution to 1024x768.
  • Try switching the game to windowed mode from the in-game Settings.
  • Try running TCGO from the “Refresher” file, which can be found in your “Pokemon Trading Card Game Online” folder.
  • Run a virus / malware scan. From your Windows system accessories run Disk Defragmenter.
  • Before running TCGO, close any unnecessary background programs (web browsers, word processor, etc.).
  • If all else fails, we ask that you try reinstalling the game.

Issue Not Resolved

Please click on the link in my signature to submit a Customer Support ticket. Include a dxdiag file.

To send a dxdiag file follow the steps below:

• On your Windows task bar, click Start.
  • Select and press "Run" (if you do not see "Run", hold down the "Windows" button on your keyboard and press "R"). A "Run" window should pop up.
  • In the "Run" window, type "dxdiag" and click "OK". A "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" window should pop up.
  • In the appeared window choose "Save all information".

After you've saved the file, please attach it to your ticket.

Archived