How do I beat Blacksmith-Charizard EX(CB)-Pyroar decks?

Guest ArtichokeCat

Guest ArtichokeCat

Okay, earlier i started the thread 'How do I beat Pyroar-Archeops,' and got great answers from the community!

This time, I'll ask a similar question-

How do I beat Blacksmith-Charizard Ex (Combustion Blast aka CB)-Pyroar?

Specifically, I'm looking for ways to KO a Charizard EX cleanly and efficiently, for multiple decks (and possibly all decks)

For those that don't know, the strategy of the deck we're facing is...

Pyroar is used for stalling the opponent, while

Blacksmith is used to set up your

Charizard Ex (main attacker) + Double Colorless Energy and you're ready to go! (can be achieved in one turn)

Keldeo Ex Rush-In retreats with Float Stone so CB can be used again next turn (all effects are wiped when a Pokemon hits the bench).

We know how to get around Pyroar, but after that, we have to face an army of CB Charizard Exs...how do we defeat this army? Especially when running Virizion Ex decks (Vir-Gen) and you don't go first... (I'm guessing that you just don't...however, I've heard that it is possible..)

So, lets get thinking!

G-Booster!...Weakness!

Black Ballista!...Druddigon!

Deoxys EX?... Maybe.

First words that came to my mind.

I personally think that deck cant survive without keldeo ex fa..so lysandre targeting him is also a solution.perhaps, if u have lugia ex fa, he can also fasten the game.mayb snorlax laser might work too..too many possibilities

A few that come to mind:

Raticate + laser (requires energy acceleration)

Yveltal-EX / Mewtwo-EX (aim for OHKO)

Enhanced Hammer

Guest ArtichokeCat

Ok.. Hammers (crushing because enhanced are too expensive) are going into my Virizion EX-LT Genesect deck now... along with catchers (because lysandre is too expensive)

I totally beat that deck with virizion-shiftry-abomasnow

The key is the last one, with muscle you can KO charizards and pyroars

Virizion is the energy accelerator, shiftry allso can kill the charizard but needs at least 8 benched pokemon and muscle (or 9 benched)

If they leave keldeo.. shiftry crush that little ponny.. a couple of lysandres works like charm

Good luck

I would use a dragalge with lysandre and hypno lasers. Or use a Megaphone/ Scrapper to take out keldeo's float stone. If they have a bench full of Pkmn without energies, I would catch/lysandre them and poison them.. the pyroar can be ohko'd by a number of things, or if your opponent has no energy on pyroar and can't switch him, you can snipe around him while he is poisoned and stuck.

Ok...Abomasnow.I was thinking about that....a 1-1 or 2-2 line?

In my deck I use 2-2 for Abomasnow and 4-2-4 for Shiftry

Guest ArtichokeCat

OMG, I FOUND THE PERFECT SOLUTION!!! I EVEN MADE A DECK!!! (sorry for Caps)

here it is...:

Plasma Vapereon.

Gold Breaker-30+50 if the Defending Pokemon is an EX

GUESS WHAT? I just managed a T2 KO against a CB Charizard!

My opponent was so shocked he conceded!

Garbardor/Yveltal.

Theres a reason why its so popular, I dont blame you if you dislike it.

And yes charizard players will say I'll run tool scrappers/megaphone. But most of the time things don;t go in favor. Also N is a favourite to disrupt your hand and its easier for Garbordor decks to work its way out from a losing position than a deck under lock and few cards to make any move.

Also sableye can easily outlive your tool scrappers.

Not saying its the best deck out there but it is solid deck and can be made quite easily.

• 2 weeks later...

I've smacked Zard pyroars with mewtwo ex mew ex xerneas ex oh and Raichu + muscle band to get rid of the roars and then xerneas new or mewtwo cleans house

Suicune doesn't touch pyroar...

You know, I forgot that that was the case when I was playing Plasmatisse vs. Pyroar-Charizard.

Happily loaded up prisms and rainbows on my Suicune just for it to get denied and slapped into the discard.

Then I proceeded to kill it with Giratina and a muscle band >.> Very fortunate I had enough energy on the table in that game.

• 2 weeks later...

really…I usually work with my Dusknoir (sinister hand ability+pain pellets)-articuno combo.

Mostly I use either druddigon or bouffalant purely as fodder to set up my Articuno ex with a single plasma energy, while using level ball and heavy ball to get myself the entire dusk-evolution. Articuno's 80 damage with paralyze is always handy against charizard and since my deck's a plasma based deck, I use virbank with hypnotoxic laser. Against charizard-pyroar decks the important thing when not having lysandre is the ability to stall by any means necessary (poison, paralyze and sleep work wonders) and since most people dont want their charizard ex to die, they retreat him at 100-120 damage, where they're an easy prey for the dusknoir's sinister hand ability.

• 2 weeks later...

tool scrappers and Surprise Megaphones, definitely, reduce the possibility of rush-in/retreat. Garbodor's Garbotoxin is another possibility, not only nullifying Keldeo EX but Pyroar as well.

Also, you may consider stalling THEM with Team Plasma Snorlax: even if they DO Rush In they won't be able to retreat.

Finally, there's Team Plasma's Froslass: so long as she's active, your opponent cannot place special energy cards from their hand, and her attack does 30 damage to the active (60 to most fire types) and 10 to all their benched.

I've smacked Zard pyroars with mewtwo ex mew ex xerneas ex oh and Raichu + muscle band to get rid of the roars and then xerneas new or mewtwo cleans house

Sorry, but 90% of that is false. Mewtwo EX and Xerneas EX won't do jack to a fully evolved Pyroar with ability as they're basic pokemon, neither will Mew EX unless he's copying something that punches through effects like Shred or Steel Bullet, or some attack that places damage counters rather than doing damage, like Gorgeist's Spirit Scream. The only useful tidbit here is Raichu + Muscle Band.

Guest ArtichokeCat
places damage counters rather than doing damage, like Gourgeist's Spirit Scream.

Yup. Flygon-Dusknoir-Raticate don't care. :)

Yup. Flygon-Dusknoir-Raticate don't care. :)

of course those guys are evolutions, and Pyroar's Ability only protects him from attack damage from Basic Pokemon, so even if they did direct damage they still wouldn't care about his Ability. I suppose that a better example than Gourgeist would be Chandelure EX's Sneaky Placement. LOL

Archived