PTCGO wont le me on with windows vista and 7

edman9853

When I try to get on to PTCGO it gives me a error code/Oops! saying

"The game has crashed! The crash folder named "2014-5-18_172042" next to game executable.It would be great if you can send it to the developer of the game!"

I have a windows vista and a windows 7 and it still wont work for some reason i have spent over 5 hours trying to figure this error our but i couldn't. I can't find the reason causing this! please help!:eek::eek:Someone please help me!

Hi Edman,

Please make sure that you have the newest display driver for your video card, downloaded from the manufacturer's website.

Some things you can try include lowering your desktop resolution. Right click on your desktop, select resolution and try 1024x768. If you make it in to TCGO, please set game performance to "Fastest" and lower your in-game resolution (again, try 1024x768) to ensure that crashing does not continue.

If you continue to have issues, please check your current refresh rate. Again, right click on your desktop, selection resolution, then go to the "advanced" section. Click on the "monitor" tab and try lowering your refresh rate to 60 if it is set above 60.

Prof Jube... i have the most recent display drive and i just set my resolution to the setting you suggested and my refresh rate is already at 60 and It wont let me go into PTCGO still...do you have any other suggestions and will it work on windows vista?

Hi there,

You could send the error log to Customer Support. Please locate your "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder (Windows search should find it), and see if there are dated folders in the TCGO folder. A dated folder will look something like this "2013-08-02_184936". If you manage to locate such a folder, please click on the link in my signature to send a ticket, and attach the error.log file from inside the dated folder.

In the meantime, here are some added tips / things to try:

Locate the file Pokémon Trading Card Online.exe. You should be able to find it by searching for "Pokemon" by hitting the Start Button and then typing in the search box.

Once you have located the file, right click on the .exe and go to "Properties" then select the "Compatibility" tab. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for"windows xp (service pack 3)".

Next, under "Privilege Level" check "Run this program as administrator".

• Try lowering your desktop resolution to 1024x768.
  • If you manage to log in, go to your Settings and change performance to "Fastest" and uncheck the special effect boxes, lower your game resolution to 1024x768.
  • Try switching the game to windowed mode from the in-game Settings.
  • Try running TCGO from the “Refresher” file, which can be found in your “Pokemon Trading Card Game Online” folder.
  • Run a virus / malware scan. From your Windows system accessories run Disk Defragmenter.
  • Before running TCGO, close any unnecessary background programs (web browsers, word processor, etc.).
  • If all else fails, we ask that you try reinstalling the game.

for some reason i have 8 pokemoninstaller one original with no ( )two(1) two(2) a (3) a (4) and a (5) and i wont le me uninstall them...2 pokemon card game online programs one in a folder and some icons outside /ontop of the folder icon that has ''documents and settings\users\startmenu\programs'' and also a thing that looks like a word document icon that has a .pf and there used to be a windows xp but now there isnt.... and when i go into comptability it says windows 95 windows 98/windows me windows nt 4.0(service pack 5) and windows 2000... can i sent all of my files (pokemon installer all 8 the .pf file and the uninstall.ink folders?) and when i tried to connect again is said "2014-05-18_190008 next to game executable".. i don't know what that means at all

Prof Jube if i can send u the files...do you think you can help me fix it or no?or atleast tell me what to do?

EDMAN9853, I would recommend trying it again and if that still does not work, perhaps trying it again with a different browser might help.

Prof Elderberry i have tried on every brouser i have Mozilla Firefox explore Google Crome and it doesn't work... do you have any idea why this is happening? and how do i properly install it because i do all of the steps and i can't get it to work? i have uninstalled it over 5 times trying to get it to work... please help!

i have just found the file you were talking about...i will send it to you now and maby prof elderberry

Archived