Card art

Sapphirewave

We all play this game, but I’m curious, how many of us take the time to just look at the artwork on the cards? This is just a simple discussion to get an idea on what the community’s favorite cards are in terms of art and the more popular artist. So go on and start listing off cards that you find visually appealing and artists whose work you enjoy seeing in the TCG.

The huge amounts of card art is one of the things I always love about TCGs, but as someone who's new to the Pokémon TCG it's hard to just pick a favourite out of stuff I've seen. There's so many cards, and many more I haven't even seen, or looked at yet. But I have to say that many of my favourite Pokémon also have pretty cool card art, though, I find myself often preferring the cute art over the cool art.

Just have had a look through my current (small) collection, and these are some of the cards I really like. I know there's different drawings for the same Pokémon, but I have no idea how to make clear which one I mean:

-Growlithe

-Shinx

-Vulpix

-Whimsicott

-Reshiram... got a full art card of this one, but I never liked the Pokémon in the RPGs, but the card art makes it look really nice.

-Blaziken

The cards I least like are the 3D models and the very simplistic/childish drawings.

I'm a a fan of the much older cards diffidently during the Team rocket sets with there off set drawings of some famous cards or how evil the Team rocket version of our favorite pokemon looked.

I really like the art of Elesa in Legendary Treasures =) I really hope they do reprint her with a different effect and full art!!! OMG I WOULD LOVE A FULL ART ELESA.

Elesa (Trainer-Supporter)

Shuffle your hand into your deck. Draw 6 cards.

^Basically a Professor Oak's New Theory reprint

Guest ArtichokeCat

Has that ever happened before? Reprinting a trainer with a different effect? (Not like revised, but like totally different)

As for the chances, Black and White already had it's time in the spotlight...make way for the XY sets!

Speaking of that they have Shauna

Shuffle your hand into your deck and draw 5 cards

Archived