Tropical Beach for trade!

TabmokLatrom

Hi all!

I have something for you — a card named TROPICAL BEACH. It's the Beach from year 2011. Its price continuously grows and goes down, I searched through this forum in a few threads and almost everyone, who offers it, want another price, so its not so easy to make the “correct” price.

After some arguments (see below) I've decided to get cards for it. Now, when the Top Cut corporation was updated, Beach's cost is about 50 packs. I thought about 2 variations what cards I'd like to have. I compared prices according to Top Cut, so both variations have +/- the same value (not exactly!)

(I mention the price by Top Cut in [parentheses])

Var. 1:

3× Growlithe (HG/SS) [3×1 = 3]

3× Arcanine (HG/SS) [3×2 = 6]

3× Slowpoke (Undaunted) [3×1 = 3]

2× Slowbro (HG/SS) [2×1 = 2]

2× Slowking (HG/SS) [2×2 = 4]

2× Vulpix (Unleashed) [2×1 = 2]

3× Ninetales (Unleashed) [3×1 = 3]

2× Roselia (Unleashed) [2×1 = 2]

3× Roserade (Unleashed) [3×2 = 6]

1× Torkoal (Unleashed) [1×2 = 2]

2× Grimer (Undaunted) [2×1 = 2]

2× Muk (Undaunted) [2×1 = 2]

2× Diglett (Triumphant) [2×1 = 2]

2× Dugtrio (Triumphant) [2×2 = 4]

2× Full Heal (Black & White) [2×0,33 = 0,66]

2× Tranquill (Emerging Powers) [2×0,33 = 0,66]

2× Unfezant (Emerging Powers) [2×0,5 = 1]

2× Gigalith (Noble Victories) [2×0,5 = 1]

1× Excadrill (Dark Explorers; Dig Uppercut one #56) [1×0,5 = 0,5]

This variation makes price exactly 50 packs (maybe 49,5 or so…)

Var. 2:

2× Paras (HG/SS) [2×1 = 2]

2× Parasect (HG/SS) [2×1 = 2]

2× Hoppip (HG/SS) [2×1 = 2]

2× Skiploom (HG/SS) [2×1 = 2]

2× Jumpluff (HG/SS) [2×1,5 = 3]

2× Squirtle (Unleashed) [2×1 = 2]

2× Wartortle (Unleashed) [2×1 = 2]

2× Blastoise (Unleashed) [2×2 = 4]

2× Buizel (Unleashed) [2×1 = 2]

2× Floatzel (Unleashed) [2×2 = 4]

2× Tentacool (Triumphant) [2×1 = 2]

2× Tentacruel (Triumphant) [2×1 = 2]

2× Starmie (Next Destinies) [2×0,33 = 0,66]

2× Crobat (Plasma Storm) [2×1 = 2]

3× Dratini (Plasma Freeze) [3×0,25 = 0,75]

3× Dragonair (Plasma Freeze) [3×0,33 = 1]

3× Dragonite (Plasma Freeze) [3×1 = 3]

2× Genesect (Legendary Treasures) [2×0,5 = 1]

4× Pumpkaboo (XY) [4×0,25 = 1]

4× Gourgeist (XY) [4×1,5 = 6]

This variation makes the total price of 45 packs, so its cheaper; to make it more balanced, I'd like to have Crobat Prime or Ursaring Prime, but I think, no many players have them, so if you add some BW-Noble Victories commons/uncommons, it'd be welcome.

Now I hope, the player below this post won't have any negative comments to this again. ;-)

i dont think you ll get 20 of those old packs at the moment for beach.

you can get beach for 38 ff packs on public trades, so nobody will take your offer^^

[Content removed - please keep all posts friendly and polite. -Prof. Poplar]

first, top cut is not up to date at the moment so the 68 packs are not correct.

second, your offer is very bad so i dont want any new players to take it.

and third, old hggs packs are worth at least 3-4 of the normal packs.

BBZMarkus I already told you once, if you're not interested, don't disturb this thread. It's for offers to trading something for my Tropical Beach, no for your opinions, thanks.

Btw., Top Cut surely is actual. Only because Flashfire packs are a bit more value atm, that does not mean, older packs (NXD to XY) grew in value, too. So if you want Beach from Top Cut, you still have to pay 68 packs no matter what kind; maybe with exception of Flashfire. If you still have some problem with understanding, just go to reality: 1 Tropical Beach = about $200. 1 HGSS pack = about $4. 1 FlashFire pack = $2,49. So, if HGSS is worth anything, then maximally 2 FF packs; no 3-4. ;-)

Listen Tabmoklatrom,

I understand your point. Tropical beach is $200-$250 dollars in real life. You're right. However there's a few things you need to understand.

1. Rarity in this game and in real life are different. There are far more Tropical beach available on here then there are in real life.

2. BBZ is correct, TC prices are out of date, and we are currently selling Tropical Beach for 35-38 packs (at least I am).

3. HGSS-CoL packs are exceedingly harder to find, and are therefore worth more than other packs. I realize they are the same price in real life, but again, supply and demand are different in this game.

Ultimately, its completely your choice what you want for Tropical Beach. However:

-Don't be rude to other players

-This is a forum, and people are allowed to comment on posts to express their opinion (That;s kinda the point)

-Enjoy the game

Thanks.

So, off topic again. Nevermind, I already understood, how it goes, when the players really don't have interest. Anyway, is it rude when I tell someone, that I don't wish off topic messages in my thread? If so, isn't more rude, that a player continues in off topic messages?

Btw., you maybe sell Beach for 35-38 pack atm (but with no exception; if some offers you HGSS-CoL packs, you still want at least 35-38 of it, don't you?); but only few days ago the price grew from 60 to 68. I still think, current price is a temporary result of new released expansion because of everyone want some cards or pack from FF atm, but in next few days, its price come back to its original value, even if there are more Beaches in PTCGO then in real life. I just try to not make the Beach exhaustingly expensive, on the other hand, I don't want to be cheated and got at least something. I have deputed some initial price and now waiting for responses. It is OK, that you have something to tell to it, but there are other ways to make it. I will be waiting for a while yet, then decide if make it cheaper or more expensive. Still think, that if someone really wants the Beach, he/she take it, no matter of the price.

I think I need to clarified a few things, I dont think alot of people will take this trade seriously due to the following reason,

1. Olds packs are unobtainable with gems right now. (a Canadian friend told me so :)) which in the past set or so was our only way of getting to old packs. For this reason, these packs alone in some sense are "Rarer" than beach, as beach can be see floating around, albeit expensive.

Here some real-time estimate, (these are gross estimate and by no mean the current "set" price)

Beach ~ 40 ff (flash fire price will drop so let said 1.5:1 right now that would make beach worth around 60 regular packs)

* you can alway fiddle with the number and say, oh beach is at 30 or 35 and ff are 2:1, but even than, you still can see that the price range validity still hold.

Older packs- are 1:3 flash fire right now and changing quite fast (1:4 even I would take). This pertain to flash fire only. regular packs as you can see are at the minimum 1:5-6 and more than likely you wont find taker. Let look at what you ask for using these conversion.

You ask for 40 old packs - that is a staggering 120-160 FF packs ~ 3-4 beach. in term of regular packs, what you ask for is even more.. outrageous. Let said that there are someone who have your amount of packs and desperate for beach. This is quite unlikely as we know if players hold that many amount of olds packs are "veteran" players, they ll less likely be desperate for any cards (to my knowledge) and they will never make these kind of trade. On the other hand, new players who fit your trade profile wont be in this category as they wont have old packs (with high certainty).

I also want to point out one other thing, if you follow my argument, you can see that beach price is actually "dropping", you can also said it will fluctuate and eventually climb etc (that is to be determine)... but I know one thing for sure, old packs price will Not drop unless some game implementation are to occur and will continue to rise.

I hope this clarified stuff up, if not for you, may be for others :).

Best

Really thanks, guys, because of you, noone will offer ANYTHING to me; if someone open this thread, even if he/she wanted originally to offer anything, after he/she reads, what you wrote, no offers will be done. How to delete this thread?

This offer looks way better. Its definatly more balanced then the previous one. I will check my collection when im home and i might take you up on the offer

FreeSpirit Thanks for your words. When I wanted the packs, I could maybe obtain more cards, but if I directly want some cards, I have bigger chance to obtain what I really want. I agree with your (c_huynh's, yours and others') words, that packs from older expansion might be harder to obtain, but at least 1/2 of my wanted cards (in both variations) are from those expansions… its a bit confusing for me to correctly understand your “anger” (with my first “price”), because I see it similar with my current choose of what i want for the Beach – I hope, you understand me (english isn't my home… so maybe my abilities to put words to correct form are not always 100%).

Anyway, if you could trade me that, I'd be very glad. Now I want 1 more beach to obtain both variations of wanted cards. :D OK, that's what I wanted to say.

Moin12345 I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but:

1) It sure is updated; there was originally something else I wanted for Beach.

2) I never ever had Tropical Beach before, so maybe you thought anyone else, if I understand correctly your words. Ifg you thought it at opposite, I never wanted Tropical Beach before…

I thought I'd have all the cards from your first variation, but seems like I don't have all available for trade since I need to keep atleast 2x for my own collection too. I can provide you a mixture of variations, if you'd like to have:

2× Slowpoke (Undaunted) [2×1 = 2]

2× Slowbro (HG/SS) [2×1 = 2]

2× Vulpix (Unleashed) [2×1 = 2]

2× Roselia (Unleashed) [2×1 = 2]

1× Torkoal (Unleashed) [1×2 = 2]

2× Grimer (Undaunted) [2×1 = 2]

2× Diglett (Triumphant) [2×1 = 2]

2× Tranquill (Emerging Powers) [2×0,33 = 0,66]

2× Gigalith (Noble Victories) [2×0,5 = 1]

1× Excadrill (Dark Explorers; Dig Uppercut one #56) [1×0,5 = 0,5]

2× Paras (HG/SS) [2×1 = 2]

2× Parasect (HG/SS) [2×1 = 2]

2× Hoppip (HG/SS) [2×1 = 2]

2× Skiploom (HG/SS) [2×1 = 2]

2× Squirtle (Unleashed) [2×1 = 2]

2× Wartortle (Unleashed) [2×1 = 2]

2× Buizel (Unleashed) [2×1 = 2]

2× Tentacool (Triumphant) [2×1 = 2]

2× Tentacruel (Triumphant) [2×1 = 2]

2× Starmie (Next Destinies) [2×0,33 = 0,66]

3× Dratini (Plasma Freeze) [3×0,25 = 0,75]

3× Dragonair (Plasma Freeze) [3×0,33 = 1]

2× Genesect (Legendary Treasures) [2×0,5 = 1]

4× Pumpkaboo (XY) [4×0,25 = 1]

4× Gourgeist (XY) [4×1,5 = 6]

+ a free Zekrom FA B&W base... For your tropical beach.

Do lemme know you know if you'd like to have it. :-) And no problem if you don't like it.

Moin: It's a bit dissappointing, that you don't have at least Dragonite for trade, because I want that evolution line especially because of the final stage :D (must be natural) or Floatzel/Blastoise (it's a very good old combo – just look at their artworks; they seems to be standing against each other, 'cause the background looks very similar).

I don't say no, but I don't say yes. I need at least one complete evolution, even if it were “only” Roserade or Jumpluff; I don't have anything against mix. It can be e.g. Vulpix/Ninetales/Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff/Grimer/Muk/Dratini line/Tranquill line/Gourgeist line or whatever combination – to make it about 45-50 packs; but, like I said, at least some of complete evo-line. I can wait few more days, I don't need it immediately.

I'd like to get a chance to others', too and if you can get some of those final stage cards, feel free to offer again. ;-)

Hello trainers,

This is a reminder that all posts should remain polite, constructive, and on-topic. You can read more about this rule and others by clicking the Forum Rules link at the bottom of this or any other forum page.

It looks like things have been brought back on-topic here, which we're glad to see!

Thanks for your understanding, and happy trading!

Moin: It's a bit dissappointing, that you don't have at least Dragonite for trade, because I want that evolution line especially because of the final stage :D (must be natural) or Floatzel/Blastoise (it's a very good old combo – just look at their artworks; they seems to be standing against each other, 'cause the background looks very similar).

I don't say no, but I don't say yes. I need at least one complete evolution, even if it were “only” Roserade or Jumpluff; I don't have anything against mix. It can be i.e. Vulpix/Ninetales/Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff/Grimer/Muk/Dratini line/Tranquill line/Gourgeist line or whatever combination – to make it about 45-50 packs; but, like I said, at least some of complete evo-line. I can wait few more days, I don't need it immediately.

I'd like to get a chance to others', too and if you can get some of those final stage cards, feel free to offer again. ;-)

I would never like to trade off my very old rares (which I have just one or two) until I am very much sure that I will be getting them again in future any soon. :-P

But yeah, I can provide you 1 each of those Blastoise and Floatzel if you like with the deal, since I have 3 of those cards meaning just 1 for trade. ;-P Or take a look at my binder, if you like anything, just send me an offer and we will work it out.

I just wanted to ask FreeSpirit if he already checked his collection and decided to not trade me anything or not chcekd his collection yet? I'd like to know beause of Moin, because I chcecked his binder and maybe I can deal with him.

Anyway, no else offers? I will still wait at least for a whole today.

Yeah, and btw., Moin, I saw Arcanines in your binder, too. Do you really don't have them for trade? Now with Flashfire, that Arcanine (HG/SS) is my top, what I wanted, so… just for sure. I saw Jumpluff (HG/SS) and Dragonite (PLF), too, even if I understand, you can have them only few times.

I was busy for past few days, but like I see now, it didn't matter. Noone had replied to my questions, so it time to self-reminder. How is it, FreeSpirit. Would you still like to offer me some of my wanted cards or no? And/or Moin what about that Arcanines/Jumpluffs/Dragonites? Are they for trade or no?

Once more thanks for answers…

I was busy for past few days, but like I see now, it didn't matter. Noone had replied to my questions, so it time to self-reminder. How is it, FreeSpirit. Would you still like to offer me some of my wanted cards or no? And/or Moin what about that Arcanines/Jumpluffs/Dragonites? Are they for trade or no?

Once more thanks for answers…

I constantly kept an eye on this discussion. But like I said, please first send me an offer. I will see what I can do for you.

OK, then. I chose a very random cards throughout your collection. I didn't count the total value of them; mabye it is to expensive or too cheap. If you could, please counter. Thanks.

Archived