How do I beat Pyroar-Archeops?

Guest ArtichokeCat

Guest ArtichokeCat

Like the title, How do i beat Pyroar-Archeops?

(Explanation) I just watched a video with the Pyroar-Archeops deck...it looks invincible! I think the only thing that can defeat it is bad hands...

I am very afraid of this deck...what to tech against it? Of course, i can't build a whole deck around countering it...so i have to tech something..but what?

Flareon + other Stage 1 decks - evosoda

Fairy Box- evosoda for aromatisse and also a Latias EX tech...

Yveltal-Garbodor...evosoda for garbodor

Fairy Accelled Ursaring (this is definitely not a top tier deck)- With a couple modifications it may become viable...am i talking to myself? oops

Plasma Decks -.Latias EX tech

Blastoise- Speed...I am speed

They are definitely pushing Mega Ex decks...-IDK on those...will M Kangaskhan EX be our savior?

mainly try to prevent archeops from coming out, and maybe try a deck with basics that can hit pyroar

Guest ArtichokeCat

Eh...Rayquaza is a tried tech and

shred is slow and hard to power up...

and Druddigon's Shred I don't think will be much better...xD

Trevenant is an idea...it's a race to see who evolves first

Lysandre might help with our problem..we can pull out Archeops and KO it...

in the vid, he faced fairy box

got a T2 archeops- no aromatisse

Genesect G booster- weak to pyroar

Cobalion Steel Bullet- weak to pyroar

ok..back to planning...LATIAS EX THO...can't ohko pyroar, kinda slow like shred, but can get through, and prevents pyroar from attacking it...

I'de start with Garbo (multiple garbo to counter lysandre if needed be XD), remember evosoda will let you bypass archeop ability. Also i had a discussion with a friend about the potential of this deck. There alot of way around it, and pyroar isnt as scary as it seem. I know a proper virgen deck will do the trick. Ask my friend Desdaddy :).

Guest ArtichokeCat

Vir-Gen of all things? Really? I'm interested

Also, if you're Blastoise or Plasma or Fairy box i think you'd want your abilities...so are blastoise and plasma going to die off? there's always lysandre, but still.

I'm running a plasma fairy box variant right now and I'm stuck in one of the worse places a deck could be in. xD

If you're Flareon you have no problem, and Yveltal Garbodor is what it is with evosoda as you said.

ahh, if you limiting yourself to those deck choices.. there will be nuances. I was under the assumption of which decks can handle pyroar-archeop XD ( whichthere alot of possiblity). I think blastoise can fairly do ok again the deck (as you have the speed element to work with), the other two i cant comment cause i havent test it yet. Run some diagnostic and let me know :)

(also, archeop deck isnt the most consistence deck, i played one and i get quite frustrated with it and the win/lost satisfaction ratio some time just doesnt cut it XD. competitive game really focus on element of consistency that, at time, arche. deck cant quite live up to, i think)

Guest ArtichokeCat

With Blastoise I see the speed element of it, and same goes for Trevenant...with Fossil Pokemon, I agree. it's usually very hard to get them out...

As for running diagnostics, i don't really have many resources to work with..xD...you see, i had like 1/2 a fairy box deck and 1/2 a plasma deck and i was like, heck, why not combine them?

A game i played had the guy not getting out archeops until middle game, but plasma and fairy box fear the mane of pyroar and his scorching fang..In the end, really, there's just not much plasma and fairy box can do to pyroar, which can ohko trev with a muscle band

i think i'll be better off playing that flareon-raichu-trevenant deck since plasma and fairy box have been such a letdown (when playing pyroar)

but round still truly proves to be the best investment for me

Get used to pyroar in almost every deck,,,archeops can be beaten with lysandre,,,just switch and knock him out with your ex pokemon...

N is a good way to stir up the set up of archeops, as it shuffles their deck and moves any archen that have been put at the bottom of the deck, other than that cards such as non EX rayquaza have attacks which ignore all affects on the opposing pokemon, including abilities so they can KO it anyway.

Latias EX also has a similar attack I believe, plus it is also immune to pyroar thanks to its own ability. Latias might actually be a good card in this format anyways, virizion, genesect, darkrai, keldeo, blastoise, emboar, delphox, lugia and many more all have abilities so that it is immune to them.

Anyways, Evosoda is a pretty easy way to tech against it assuming you already run an evolution line, and it wont really cripple consistency, it could even improve it.

As for you saying that rayquaza, latias etc are slow and hard to power up (or anything with evo soda etc), keep in mind that pyroar has a similar attack cost, and is also stuck with evolving only through evosoda once evolution lock is up, so it's just as handicapped.

Hypnotoxic lasers with virbank should bring it down pretty quickly, too. And I'm pretty sure there is a supporter or item which lets you shuffle your opponent's pokemon into their deck.

I'm not too sure of this last one but Ditto may bypass both abilities...

Recap... Evosoda, latias, rayquazza, laserbank, ditto(?), N, garbodor, lysandre(KO archeops), catcher(KO archeops), pretty sure on of genesect's ace spec bypasses effects on the opposing pokemon

Guest ArtichokeCat

Ok.. definitely the most viable options for me is latias ex....i'll go find one...

btw..anyone want to trade their latias ex for m venusaur or m blastoise? xD

okay...i faced off 1 pyroar in itself with no archeops and it wasn't too hard to beat...with my plasma ursaring of course!

but seriously, i ought to get my self some catchers into the deck...

EDIT- i just traded way my m blastoise for a latias ex!!! woo!!! now i need to test it..

some think trevenant is a bad attacker...

however, I DISAGREE!!!

remind this: "Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from Basic Pokémon" thats Pyroar ability, right? it doesnt prevent the side effects, though. so you can poison it or leave it with a burn. Rocky helmet might help too

Guest ArtichokeCat

Yeah..maybe not rocky helmet, but ROCK GUARD....it can 2HKO a Pyroar by itself!!! (what what?) I'll exchange my life dew for that.. ;D and I'm running LaserBanks in my Plasma right now...

In my plasma i have...

2-2 trevenant (to prevent archeops)

2-2 plasma ursaring (can ohko pyroar with adrenalash once it gets going with deoxys)

TAKE THAT PYROAR!!!!

anyone willing to play Pyroar-Archeops against me so i can test my Plasma deck out?

I saw N mentioned as an anti-Archen tactic. That's not going to work. Nobody is going to be using its ability without a fossil in hand to immediately get it in play.

Zorua should still be able to evolve itself under Archeops, though it doesn't work forever since Pyroar can OHKO the evo with muscle band or laser.

Toxicroak EX + virbank looks decent. Poison should be running garbodor anyway to block Keldeo, Virizion, Slurpuff, & Darkrai.

I've been thinking either Giratina EX or Cobalion EX are pretty good techs against pyroar/archeops with muscle band attached it's a OHKO against pyroar

Plasma's best bet is probably latias ex. Cause if you end up with latias in the active. You basically win since both those pokemon will do nothing to latias.

Lysandre is an option for all decks. As long as that deck has a basic pokemon strong enough to take out archeops.

Guest ArtichokeCat

ok..i agree, latias is amazing ( though i think they tech a mewtwo ex)

giritina+other shredders seem slow to power

toxicroak-bank seems decent but i don't have the resources

colbalion ex gets OHKOed by pyroar

lysandre/catcher is always good

Plasma is not dead,

Its seems the eeveelutions play a signficant part for this, i have seen variants purely running glaceon taking advantage of its ability.

Leafeon and Flareon themself also add range of types/attacks to the deck which can be beneficial on different matchups too.

Ofcourse if they are outsped by archeops, more decks can now rely with catcher* to deal with it.

Additionally in the other hand, my friend had talked to me about adding an espeon in his pryroar/archeop deck in real life. The espeon from DEX ignores any attack effects onto any of your pokemon with energy which means the attack effects from Cobalion/Giratina/Latias EX will be overtaken by espeons ability.

Anyways these pokemon aren't solid techs against pryroar/archeops.

Cobalion being weak and blacksmith always lurking.

Latias and Giratina are both weak to Druddigon. whilst latias most always needs a two hit ko on the pryroar giving time for comeback. None of them can't one hit ko pryroar without a muscleband too.

Guest ArtichokeCat

Thank you for the insight with plasma eeveelutions! also i've tried a deck with other plasma evolutions such as ursaring (still, it can start trucking once it gets going)...it didn't work out too well..xD glaceon seems solid in plasma decks AND can OHKO pyroar (but also gets OHKOed in return..) to me, pyroar seems like a very solid attacker when you don't have much to deal with it!

but i do have a question...so plasma eeveelutions is the solution for plasma,

but what about aromatisse/fairy box? will they also start running plasma eeveelutions as well?

that espeon sounds scary...a total wall unless evosoda garbodor+tool comes into play and your opponent has run out of lysandre to ko it (won't happen because pal pad now exists)

however, people say archeops will get rotated so the hype will stop...unless they add another pokemon with a similar ability! haha

In my experience against Pyroar, the deck has always played slow and I was able to get a Garbodor out before the Archeops hit the field. I feel that for Pyroar to be super competitive it needs Beach. I run Evosoda as well to help this match up.

the easiest way to win against pyroar/archeops is who can play the first evolution first, evosoda bypasses archeops ability and get garbodor (garbotoxin) in play to stop all abilities, laser virbank is a another way to deal with them but its likely for them to switch. lysandre and catcher is good for switching the pyroar for archeops (lysandre is better), escape rope can be handy. Cobalion ex is good against pyroar thanks to steel bullet but you need muscle band for OTKO hit and also cobalion can get OTKO by pyroar. latias ex is very good against pyroar/archeops thanks for her ability and attack.

Guest ArtichokeCat

Well, that pretty much sums up everything said so far! (Except for the plasma eeveelutions and dex espeon and such)

Archived