Need a Professors Okay for New Idea

AuraOfNature

If a professor is on, I would like to talk to them about a new idea on a new TCG card, for Togepi, Togetic, and Togekiss, I was thinking about a new way to edit there attacks and bring them into the game, I also have new ideas about spliting certain elements out between variety of colors, and to bring out new Eeveelutions, If you like this idea. Plz respond or message me thanks.

Hi AuraOfNature,

We gladly accept any input provided in the Feedback & Suggestions subforum, where I have moved your thread. :) Go ahead and let us know what you'd like to suggest!

Note: Feedback & Suggestions on these forums should be related to the online TCG and not to the real-life TCG. The Pokémon TCG Online is a representation of the real-life trading card game, and we do not make any changes to cards, Pokémon, rules, etc. that do not exist in that game.

You know how Fire, Dark, Steel, Dragon, and Fairy, are basically divided into their own elements but Grass, Pyschic, Water, Normal, Electric, and Fighting arent? By comparing it to the online 3DS games and the pokemon elements there completely different in a way, you know how like Nidoqueen and Nidoking, are in different elements? They could be in each of the elements since there strong, also some pokemon I think could have 3 elements in the 3DS online game if you wanted to do so. Anyways heres my first idea plan.

Pokemon Elements Separation:

1. Water Element: Its obvious most water pokemon in the TCG game, are made up of Water and Ice. What if we made a Ice element card? The card could be a light blue, or a icy white blue, and the symbol, could obviously be shaped Like a White Diamond, since Diamond is hard to crack, sort of like crystal which crystals live in ice or ice caves, but make the diamond shaped like a kite, I thought it would be a good example.

Next Psychic element, I am sure most of us are aware, that there are three types in the psychic element which is weird and kinda wrong in a way which I will explain in a min, anyways the three elements are Psychic, Poison, and Ghost pokemon. Imagine, splitting those elements into colors by keeping psychic color the same. Psychic is basically a light purple or purple color, how about for Ghost type make the color a Dark Purple, and the letters white, so that people can see the attacks, since your keeping the picture of the pokemon with just the picture itself. Also for Poison, make it a Lavender, Amethyst, or Violet color. Also the symbols for each element would be easy, for Ghost trying and do a White Wavy fire symbol, not like the fire symbol at all, but a bit more spooky looking, you could draw a circle around it in case you can tell the difference like a shine in a crystal orb. Also for poison, I was thinking of like a backwards diamond shape but make sure the bottom which is actually the top of the diamond look like a pristined type diamond, and then something for the top which is the bottom of the diamond be added to that part, so it makes it look like a Poison barb, sharp but deadly.

Grass Element, we know that grass, consists of mostly, Grass, and Bug type pokemon, for bug pokemon I was thinking of making the color a yellow green. The symbol would be a String type Cacoon shape symbol.

Ima Post more later for the Fighting, and Normal type pokemon, but thats all I have so far atm. I need to grab bite to eat, and dont wanna accidentally erase info again.

I posted First Idea, still working on it, along with 2 more Pokemon ideas coming up. I hope you will expect to see it, and like it too :)

Guest ArtichokeCat

I'm noticing a trend of diamonds here...I like this idea...it makes the pokemon tcg so much more diverse!

I have more ideas for the Elements, for Fighting, Normal, something that will surprise you and even more a surprise after I explain the split elementals of fighting.

You know fighting, is made of Ground, Rock, and Fighting in TCG. How about splitting the Ground and Rock in to types. Ground can be a desert sand color, with a pile of sand as the symbol. and Rock a dark brown color, with its attacks in white, and its symbol a ragged rock, so you can see it has sides and can stand on its own.

Also a Old element in Pokemon 3DS games that are combined with Normal, Fire Electric, Water, Dark, and some others in the TCG game, I was thinking about splitting it into a combo looking type element but it would still be considered 1 element, and thats Flying.

The color should be of a Rainbow, because rainbows are in the sky and flying pokemon fly in that sky. The Rainbow should have the colors of each of the elements, and The symbol should look almost exactly like the badge in the first region from the grass gym leader. But the center be white, and the end of the rainbow colors they should be shaped like arrowheads.

I also have 2 more ideas, 1 for Togepi and its evos to be able to fight pokemon with other elements quite easy, and New Eeveelutions Ideas, I hope you will watch and enjoy. But will be said at a later time. Not sure if anyone will take my ideas but I hope they will!

I almost forgot one thing I wanted to mention thats important. When you make the cards which I noticed as I have been playing with them, yall tend to forget that pokemon can be put into more than one element, and should be respected by that fact, that is why I partly came up with this idea, the other is that I wanted more creativity, and that pokemon should be respected that they have more than just 1 element, most of them have 2, and are special for that fact.

i don't think the professor's have that much power as to influence what cards get printed. and I don't like the idea of too many energy variants for a tcg, sure it works for video game, but not so much for tcg

Guest ArtichokeCat

Yeah you're also right...having a limited amount of energy types keeps the tcg simple, and they just added fairy type so i think we should be good for now

I agree with that in a way, but if possible if you dont wanna add things too fast, try adding these elements in 2 at a time, every year. And see if people start to agree. Would be a great idea to try, so ppl arent too overwhelmed

The Games makers, could also try experimenting to see if it even works or not, before they bring the cards out.

Hi AuraOfNature,

As stated in my original post, we cannot take suggestions or implement suggested game features that are not already existent in the real-life trading card game. This is to maintain authenticity as an online version of the Pokémon TCG. I will leave this thread open for now if you'd like to discuss your ideas further with the community, however.

Thanks for your understanding! :)

To be honest what you are suggesting is a massive undertaking that could very well threaten the health of the Pokemon TCG. If all the elements you add were put in you would be looking at I believe over 15-20 different energy types. This is not good for multiple reasons.

1: The cost of entry for new players becomes MUCH higher. Building a grass deck for example, you now have MUCH less odds to pull a grass card with the new system. Building a deck out of packs becomes literally impossible unless you are buying like booster cases (6 booster boxes).

2: It would literally be impossible to balance. There's not much to elaborate on here, it's hard enough in a game like Pokemon TCG to keep the 8 or whatever colors in balance. Putting that many "moving parts" into a already hard to manage ecosystem would result in balance nightmares.

3: It's VERY confusing for new players. It makes sense bugs use Grass energy, it makes sense that Ice is water. I am sure just even introducing fairy type cards was a very scary proposition to the dev team. New players would be overwhelmed for sure with that many colors. Even existing players would leave in droves because of the absurd complexity now required for this.

4: You can't just "add 2 a year and see if people agree". You are pretty hard committed to adding colors once you have done it. Legacy formats like Unlimited will always exist, and while you can't retro-add new colors into old sets, you cannot just go "Opps that color was bad, scrap it next set." Companies like the Pokemon International spend A LOT of time when doing major changes like adding colors. They likely ran focus groups, countless play test groups, etc before they ever 100% committed to doing things like adding Fairy alone. If you add them, you have to commit, and to commit to 2 a year would be not good.

5: EVERY SINGLE EX would have to be like Garbador or Yvetel levels of power. ALL of them. Why? Because you only have so many EX's per rotation (maybe 20~) so now every color would only get 1-2 EX's a rotation. Get a bad EX? Your color is done for up to a year. That would be another thing that would cause massive leaving of players. You always been a Grass type fan and the new rotation only has one grass type EX and it's Shaymin EX? GG for the next 12 months. So why is it bad they all have to be good? If all colors are all equally good and strong, then are the colors now really that different? If everything comes down EX X vs. EX Y and they are both basically the same power level, you basically make the game a one color game. Every game is the same. People leave again.. etc

As a final point, as mentioned by the Prof, this team has no influence on the actual TCG, so this whole thing is pretty moot anyways. They copy the real game, they don't make or design the real game, thus they have nothing to do with this request.

Then my last question is, why did the game makes even make Fairy in TCG then? If its so complicated, There are several ways to work around the EX pokemon, it doesnt have to be terminated, just make pokemon that you know fit the description of the certain elements. I still think this is a good idea. It may not happen quickly, and I will think about it first, but I think its still a beneficial good idea. People always need new ideas to experience and grow with each other. And most of it through happy and sad experiences in a pokemon battle. And just think. How would the older players feel, if this game went extinct? Went out of business. I have had nightmares of that. Just saying. Anyways have fun and enjoy I guess. Thats all I have left to say.

In the entire 16 year history of the TCG they have added 3 colors. You are suggesting they double the amount added within the next 18 months and doubling the amount of current colors at 54 months. The last time they added a energy type before Fairy was in 2007 (ie: 7 years ago). While I am sure over the next 15-20 years they will add more, the sheer numbers you are suggesting would be a disaster. I'm not saying adding one single color is a problem, but you are also not suggesting they add just one color, you are asking for 15+!

I'm not going to go into much more since you basically just posted "They added fairy, all your other points are invalid because I said so."

Adding one color every 5-7 years is one thing, adding 2 per year is just bananas. You say you are worried about Pokemon TCG dying off, if you were lead dev right now you would be burying this game with the complexity you are suggesting it adds. This game has survived for 16 years off 6-9 colors, why will it suddenly die out because there is not 20+?

Edit: Actually I have a better question. Why will adding many additional colors make this game more popular or not "go extinct" as you put it? I don't get how this adds value to the game, except for maybe the notion you want it to be more accurate to the video game (which many people could care less about).

aura of nature its just really not feasible what you are suggesting. ESV makes really good points. there are a lot of things young people like you would think are good ideas but just doesn't work out when put in action.

the tcg is actually growing in popularity as of late so I really don't think extinction is on the table at the moment

also I would say that pokemon as of now has already one of the highest number of elemental variety among tcgs so doubling that is really not a good idea.

Archived