Damage Swap and Sinister Hand shortcut and consistency issues

Mekkah

Hello,

The problems of Reuniclus and Dusknoir's abilities have been brought up many times: it takes five clicks to move ten damage around the board. Part of the reason it has been programmed this way is because the game needs to check for consequences (such as KOs) after every use. So here's a suggestion that makes the game faster while still being accurate: a "repeat last action" or "repeat last ability use" button. Pressing it right after Reuniclus or Dusknoir was used would move 10 damage the same way as last time, saving four clicks and a load of time, while still letting the game check for KOs.

This could also be used with Blastoise's Deluge and Emboar's Inferno Fandango, given that usually players rain down a lot of Energy onto the same Pokemon. Propagation would be another great use for it, especially if it were to become "Repeat last Ability use", since Weavile decks based around Exeggcute's Propagation can use the Ability as often as 8 times per turn, if not more.

While I'm here, I'd like to suggest to make the game more consistent on the following issues:

Allowing takebacks - Currently you cannot take back attaching Tools, playing Stadiums or Energy attached through abilities, but you can take back benching a Pokémon, evolving a Pokémon, and playing reversible Trainers that don't force the opponent to do something. Given how easy it can be to misclick on PTCGO, I think it'd be very reasonable to at least let Tools and Stadiums be taken back.

Ability use the game never really lets you take back, which is somewhat understandable, but I think Deluge and Inferno Fandango deserve an exception. The only reason I can see not to is because a player who doesn't notice Frozen City and ends up taking damage could take that damage away again, but you could always program an exception for that case.

"Are you sure/Confirm your choice" - This rather bothersome feature was added to last update, but only for a couple of instances, including some that you can just take back, while it's not there for more crucial situations. The most annoying one is of course Dusknoir/Reuniclus, but it's also there for Oblivion Wing, Raiden Knuckle, Rare Candy evolutions...while it's not there for deck searches (irreversible), Catcher/Red Signal, and a couple of others. Honestly, I would rather see the whole thing removed because it adds more unnecessary clicks, but the inconsistency bothers me.

I agree that more consistency is needed especially regarding the takebacks, the "are you sure" part I'm not completely on board, sure I'd like to click less, but I'd also like to have that saafety net there in case I over did something

Hi Mekkah,

Interesting points. I'll pass these suggestions along to the Dev team and leave your thread open for discussion.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Archived