Entei EX Sudden Hype

Najito

Is it justified? It seems ever since the content of the new Flashfire set was officially released, the demand on Entei EX suddenly increased. Players argue that it will see a lot of play and that it will be efficient in Charizard EX/Pyroar decks as a fire energy accelerator for your Pokemon. Do you agree?

I personally don't. I mean, FF has already provided better options for you to set up your main attackers in Black Smith and Fiery Torch. Not to mention there's still Emboar?

And to top it all off, Entei EX itself already requires three energies, two fire and one colorless, in order to use its second attack which is supposed to be what will make it great in those decks.

Am I missing something here? Discuss. :)

Yeah i agree that entei won't be as good as people think, but it's definitely more playable now than it was before. I think charizard is receiving all the hype just because its a charizard. It probably won't be a deck that is played very often except for on the first few days that ff is out.

Yeah i agree that entei won't be as good as people think, but it's definitely more playable now than it was before. I think charizard is receiving all the hype just because its a charizard. It probably won't be a deck that is played very often except for on the first few days that ff is out.

CB Charizard at least has some potential since it can OHKO everything bar megas (which see very little play anyway) with Muscle Band and Laser. The other one just plain sucks despite Stoke. I'm very disappointed that's the one that got the FA version. :(

CB Charizard at least has some potential since it can OHKO everything bar megas (which see very little play anyway) with Muscle Band and Laser. The other one just plain sucks despite Stoke. I'm very disappointed that's the one that got the FA version. :(

Yeah i wish other one got fa also. The stoke one is a pretty good combo with the mega charizard tho, but i think combustion blast one is better overall

Yeah i wish other one got fa also. The stoke one is a pretty good combo with the mega charizard tho, but i think combustion blast one is better overall

IDK. The coin flip requirement makes it highly unreliable, and even if you get lucky and land heads on 1st try, it leaves it quite vulnerable to a OHKO by Yveltal EX. Stoke should have been an ability, IMO.

that is true. One of the main reasons y mega charizard and cb charizard won't be very good is because of yveltal.

Guest ArtichokeCat

Protect cube at least will protect m charizard with crimson dive from itself..but you're right yveltal will come and clean things up

Water is a nasty weakness. There are plenty of water pokemon that can OHKO any fire type, and if fire gets popular enough, there are plenty of ways to deal with it. Plasma Kyurem may have seen a dip in play this past set, but it can OHKO M Charizard EX. Besides that we got Keldeo EX, Blastoise, Suicune, Little Keldeo, Empoleon, Golduck, Kyurem, Kyurem EX... the list goes on. Furthermore water types share 3 different weakness. Don't expect Entei EX to suddenly be good.

Personally, I prefer mega kangaskhan..with muscle band and victini? U need 2head to deal 180.kinda possible. What ever mega ex it is..ray ex fa can OHKO them in no where.with lysandre on the way, rayboar deck getting btr bcuz ray ex fa can be set in 1turn and emboar can be save using 2tepig on the bench (u cant win 2tepig in the same turn) followed by the help of beach or delphox, ppl can drew lysandre in no time, well setting up rayboar with magnezone can also makes the different since u can play 2 supporter per turn

Same concept on blastoise keldeo as well but rayboar can control the damage more. Thats why I see so many potential card besides entei ex out there and don think stocking them is a great option now..correct me if I miss something

Sorry, missing out an important 1..since many ppl think pyroar will be very playable due to its ability, it can be OHKO by blastoise or rayquaza with muscle band (Shred) ;)

Pyroar will be playable. Yes, there are ways around it, but they require resources and I would imagine Pyroar will have partner pokemon to help it out. I don't believe he is OP either, just a card that will cause certain decks to adapt (Plasma).

Mega Kanghaskan is looking to be the most playable Mega IMO.

Guest ArtichokeCat

in terms of darkrai decks vs pyroar, I think the yveltal garbodor or zoroark ( brutal bash) variants will be more popular

Archived