Give me a reason to play more than one game a day

ESVDiamond

Right now the system is set up where you get three main sources of coins:

Daily bonus: 15 coins

1st win of the day: 10 coins

Win game: 1-3 coins

Basically unless you are very new (thus expecting the opponent to be favored in most games) there is very little point to play more than one game a day.

A rough estimate would put me as the favored opponent in 9 out of 10 games I play. This means in order to match the 25 tokens bonus' for login+1st win, I would need to play (and win) 20 games per day to emulate that.

Simply put, the rewards are pretty out of whack unless you are the underdog in a grand majority of your matches. Basically the players that get the most benefit that only play one game a day, or the players with very low winrates.

I would happily hammer out 25+ games a day on this, but it feels demoralizing when I spend 4+ hours hammering out games only to get equivalent to if I had spent 10 mins logging in + playing 1 game.

I agree. I also do my daily login and do a few more than 1 match. It gets boring with games not much rewarded. Just a token or 3 for each game isn't enough to motivate someone to keep playing unless you're testing your deck or are already motivated. But for people who has already played a lot, it ends up getting a little boring. And itd be very bad to put the daily bonus (login and 1st win) low.

Id like to suggest bigger rewards through win. Like, getting more rewards according to the winning spree. For example, win 1 or 3 tokens for a win, 3 or 5 for 2 win streak, 5 or 7 for 3 win streak. Or even give a bonus booster for each 5 win streak. Itd put things in a bit more exciting since in the future tournaments wight be the only attaching thing in this game

Hello trainers!

I'll submit your feedback and suggestions to the Dev team for review and leave this thread open for further discussion.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Win streaks seems like a great way to get people to not concede, although it could be tempting them to play against a deck they normally wouldn't want to waste their time with like a theme deck from a new player who should be in novice.

I think the problem of not getting rewarded with extended play will be alleviated once tournaments are live, but if your out of tournament tickets you are kind of in the same boat. So if they offered 1 tournament ticked for X amount of ranked games played, I think the rewards would be well worth the play.

I think the tournament tickets for games would be cool, I know other online CCG's out there use a similar system and have had success with it.

Just something! :)

yes games for tournament tickets is a great idea, it rewards a player for playing more games, and more competition in tournaments for serious players :D

you know, if you're not having fun playing the game and only playing for the sake of tokens, you don't even have to play 1 game each day, you can actually just stop.

I am having a ton of fun playing the game! However in every F2P game there is things you earn for playing. In this game it's tokens, I am saying it's not enough.

I never said I dont like the game or not having fun with it.

Guest ArtichokeCat

Umm...i don't really care about tokens...I mostly care about being able to smash my opponents with My Palkia EX Lugia EX combo...I think that's reason enough...like you said above, it fun!

I am having a ton of fun playing the game! However in every F2P game there is things you earn for playing. In this game it's tokens, I am saying it's not enough.

I never said I dont like the game or not having fun with it.

so playing the game is fun, and yet not earning much tokens makes it not fun, so are you actually having fun or not ?

if yes -- continue playing game

if no -- stop playing game

you know, if you're not having fun playing the game and only playing for the sake of tokens, you don't even have to play 1 game each day, you can actually just stop.

How can u possibly have fun if you barely have a deck completed and are beaten by everyone else and you can't do anything to make your deck better without cards? The game itself is fun. The multiplayer mode is fun, but how can u progress if you can only earn a booster per week?

After you get tired of always playing the same deck for months, you don't have any other way to gain the motivation to play again, for as much as you like the game, cause it'll end up being monotone. Earning more tokens would make people play it more and have a better experience and test/build a lot of new decks you can't make cause u barely earn tokens for it. Its not something you can say "if you're not having fun just leave and don't complain".

Of course, this is an official game and of course it wants to promote the TCG by turning difficult to earn boosters in-game and make us buy real boosters to get them in TCGO, but i still bet it'd be better with better rewards after a match.

so playing the game is fun, and yet not earning much tokens makes it not fun, so are you actually having fun or not ?

if yes -- continue playing game

if no -- stop playing game

I am enjoying the game. I am playing multiple games per day. If I had a proper reward mechanic like EVERY other F2P game, I would likely play more like 20+ games a day.

Hello trainers,

We love to see passionate discussion and opinions, but please make sure all posts remain civil, polite, and non-argumentative. Failure to do so could result in the thread being closed.

Thanks for your understanding! :)

I am enjoying the game. I am playing multiple games per day. If I had a proper reward mechanic like EVERY other F2P game, I would likely play more like 20+ games a day.

the people who made this game knows this. and they're not about to let you have that much fun without trying to gain something from it. which is why the reward is intentionally made so low. its there ti make you feel like you are making progress, but not enough to make you think you can do it without giving them some cash

I guess we have to agree to disagree Chronophysicist. However just to be clear I am not saying rework the entire rewards system or anything. Just a change to reward people who play more with more. The current system is very top heavy towards 1 game a day. There is many large F2P games that reward people to play more than one game a day, and it works well. Some reward the 1st win with things like double rewards, but after that 1st win you don't lose almost all the rewards after. Always encourage people to play more games :)!

Archived