Not working

s3eed511

Hi S3eed511,

Yes, TCGO supports Windows 8. Without further information regarding your issue, I can provide you with some general information. If this does not help, please either describe the issue in detail, or click the link in my signature to send in a Customer Support ticket. :)

Please have a look through here and see what may apply to your situation:

.exe has stopped working..

Locate the file Pokémon Trading Card Online.exe. You should be able to find it by searching for "Pokemon" by hitting the Start Button and then typing in the search box.

Once you have located the file, right click on the .exe and go to "Properties" then select the "Compatibility" tab. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for"windows xp (service pack 3)".

Next, under "Privilege Level" check "Run this program as administrator".

Windows 8.1

If you are running Windows 8.1, and have an AMD or nVIDIA graphics card, please try the following as it has helped many other users:

- Open the Control Panel.

- Look for your GC control panel (Nvidia/AMD)

- Open the section to "manage 3D settings"

- At "Select a program to customize" click on the "Add" button and look for the PTCGO launcher.

- At "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program" chose the "High-performance NVIDIA processor"

- "Apply" at the right bottom

[********************************************************************************************************************]

Intel Graphics Card

Please ensure that you have the newest graphics driver for your card. Visit the Intel Downloads site (easily searched via your favorite search engine); the site has an automatic detection system that you can use if you are not sure what to download.

Can't Connect to Game

There are two ports that must be opened for the game to work: 8181 and 6967. 6967 is the "gateway" port that the client connects to momentarily to get information on which connection servers are available and their IP addresses. 8181 is the port that client makes a dedicated connection to in order to play the game.

Please note that your security settings, anti-virus software or Windows Defender could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it from connecting to the internet. You may want to review the documentation for your security software to find the method for adding the game client to the software's "safe programs" list.

Improve Game Performance

• Ensure that you have the newest video and audio drivers for your system, downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
  • Once in the game, go to your Settings and change performance to "Fastest" and uncheck the special effect boxes, lower your game resolution to 1024x768.
  • Try switching the game to windowed mode from the in-game Settings.
  • Try running TCGO from the “Refresher” file, which can be found in your “Pokemon Trading Card Game Online” folder.
  • Run a virus / malware scan. From your Windows system accessories run Disk Defragmenter.
  • Before running TCGO, close any unnecessary background programs (web browsers, word processor, etc.).
  • If all else fails, we ask that you try reinstalling the game.

Issue Not Resolved

Please submit a Customer Support ticket with your dxdiag file attached:

To send a dxdiag file follow the steps below:

• On your Windows task bar, click Start.
  • Select and press "Run" (if you do not see "Run", hold down the "Windows" button on your keyboard and press "R"). A "Run" window should pop up.
  • In the "Run" window, type "dxdiag" and click "OK". A "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" window should pop up.
  • In the appeared window choose "Save all information".
  • After you've saved the file, please attach it to your reply.

Hi pokemon lovers I am having trouble getting to the tcg game becuse whenever i would like to play i cant the screen is just black what do i do?

Hi Youngmonstah,

Please try changing your desktop resolution to 1024 x 768 to see if that allows you to get into TCGO (right click on your desktop and select "Screen Resolution". If it does, bring up the in-game settings and change your game resolution to a setting that doesn't result in a black screen.

Hope it helps!

My game doesn't work at all! I've installed and repaired it 10 times now and it downloads and sits on my desk board but when I try and open it I just says

The game crashed

The crash report folder "2014-05-05_174054" next to game executable

It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game.

Can someone please tell me what the problem is?

I don't know anything about computers so please use easy words...

My game doesn't go further than the name pokemon trading card game online.

it doesn't start further than that i don't know what the problem is.

i hope someone could help me to get it playable

Archived