King Of The Trading Card Game

HowlinMadMurdoc

GRAND REOPENING!!

Hello People,

I'm here to introduce a new tournament (type).

KING OF THE HILL!

The idea is to have a line up of 10 strong players ranked according to skill and succes.

Players can challenge the list and try to reach the top...

The trainers on the list must ofcourse try to defend their position and or reach the highest place themselves.

How it will work:

In the beginning there are 10 free spots, players can claim them if they want untill all spots are filled.

After which the playing can begin :)

The goal is ofcourse to reach number 1 and stay there for as long as possible.

Now how does one get on the list after it is full?

If you are not on the list you can challenge the number 10 for his/her spot, win in a best of 3 match. Voila you are on the list.

How does one setup a challenge? either find a "guard of the list" in game or post here asking for a match. If you do however please put your timezone in your comment in case you get on the list. That way other people will know when to find you if they want to challenge you.

If you are on the list already you can challenge the player ranked one spot higher than you. (so 10 can challenge 9, 9 can challenge 8 and so on. All in best of 3 matches.)

Players on the list must take all challenges, within a certain time span ofcourse if you are on the list and you dont have time that instant you are ofcourse free to decline and set a later date for the match.

If you have challenged a member on the list and you lost, there will be a cooldown for 24 hours so that you can't spam people with challenges. The same rule applies to people on the list, if you are defeated (either when challenging yourself or when you were challenged -and lost your spot-) you must also wait 24 hours before you can challenge again.

However, if you were in the number 2 spot and number 3 challenges and beat you, (after which you become number 3) the current number 4 can still challenge you.

How to challenge someone;

if you wish to challenge someone on the list, either add them to friends and ask them OR post a message here and set a time for the match with your opponent.

Trainers on the list must be able to take on any challengers within 3 days, if they can't because of themselves they'll lose there spot automatically after the 3 days have passed.

The same rule applies to challengers, if you challenge someone it must be done in 3 days aswell. Guards can't wait for ever and they want to challenge themselves sometimes.

So both parties make sure you properly arrange your matches and dates over here so that there can be no confusion about the challenges.

-SPACE FOR MORE RULES AND REGELATIONS TALK ETC-

I've implemented a new list according to aldhebarants' suggestion.

Now the lower spots on the list are shared with other people to prevent a giant waiting list.

And another new rule:

When you are being challenged, you can't challenge yourself.

this is to prevent things like what happend to cherryllia. (the opponent had challenged another person on the list and won so the ranks switched and cherry couldn't challenge that person anymore.)

So this is the rule: whomever challenges first has the first right to a match. So if the number 3 challenges the number 2, but shortly after that number 2 challenges number 1, the 3 vs 2 match has to be finished first. (and if 2 had challenged 1 first, that match has to be played first.)

If you are being challenged you can however "reserve" a challenge. So that if you have succesfully defended your spot you don't have to just hope no one else challenges you (this mainly applies to the number 10)

Since there are now multiple guards on the lower levels, you can challenge any one of them on one level. When you do so, please try to challenge the one with the least ammount of challenges already standing open.

(Maybe 10 spots is a bit to much, might turn it in to 2 rows of 4 and one champion, so there can be 2 numbers 5 and so on...)

The list (bèta version):

[TABLE=width: 650]

[/TD]

Name

Timezone

Royalduke

Cherryllia

Rolfeddyboy

Seeker33

W0nk4

Aldhebarant

Slamgouveia

Wiz-Prince

[/TABLE]

(for when we go out of beta)

The list:

[TABLE=width: 650]

Name

Timezone

RoyalDuke

GMT+1

Ciri_Car

GMT+1

W0NK4

?

Slamgouveia

GMT+0

Cheryllia

GMT+8

Blazerkan

GMT+0

Aldhebarant

GMT+6

N3N2N1

?

Wronglai

GMT+8

Shad88

?

Gato1111

?

Phantom_Boy

?

Kontrpiye

?

Chap196

?

ASFGHJLOHHN

?

[TD]Raydonovan

?

~

Everyone Else

~

[/TABLE]

-FORMAT-

For now the format is unlimited, so no deck restriction.

But when you challenge you can't switch decks inbetween matches...

So if you challenged the number 10, the 3 matches you play against him/her must be with the same deck. after that you can pick a different deck to use against number 9 though...

maybe later we can implement some things like a modified list and an unlimited list or ex / non ex or whatever but for now this will do.

Please give feedback about this though cuz it will help determine what our future format(s) will be...

Prizes:

For now there are no prizes, I intend to implement them soon but ill have to see how this works out first and whether I'll have to make some changes to the rules etc.

-NOT IN ORDER YET BUT THIS IS HOW I INTEND TO DO THE PRIZES IN THE FUTURE-

point redemption:

5 points -> 1 pack

10 points -> 2 packs

15 points -> 4 packs

30 points -> 10 packs

How to earn points,

Get on the list: 2 Points. (this does not include autolosses)

Beating a person on the list 1 points. (this does not include autolosses)

Beating the number 1 on the list 3 points. (this does not include autolosses)

Definding your position on the list (succesfully) 0.5 point.

Stay in your spot for a week (with a minimum of 5 challenges) 2 points.

Stay in the lead for 2 weeks (min 3 challenges) 5 points.

Inpenetratable wall achivement: survive one month on the list without losing anything. 10 Points (min 5 challenges)

How can points be lost,

Lose a match (if you are on the list already and you are challenging) -1 point.

Lose a match (on the list, but you are being challenged.) -0.5 point.

Lose 3 times in a row (you must be on the list already) -3 (in addition to the points lost in all 3 matches)

Get knocked of the list, points will be reset.

Fail to show up for your match -3 points.

When can points be redeemed?

I was thinking once per month (on day 1).

You can save them up and try to reach the higher prize levels, but if you don't collect them that day your points will be halved.

Btw don't worry you don't have to be redeem them that day, but you have to decide what you'll do.

So post that here and I'll try and sent them your way asap, or ill have your points and you can continue on..

-NOT YET AVAILABLE THOUGH-

I hope that covers everything..

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is for people on the list.

I'll post who is challenging whom for a spot.

The dates are in Day-Month order.... as they should be.

[TABLE=class: outer_border, width: 600]

Challenger

Defender

Challenged Spot

Date of Challenge

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TABLE]

I don't know maybe some people would like to add to the prize pool once implemented...

[TABLE=class: outer_border, width: 500]

Name Sponsor

Forum thread (if any)

Donation size?

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TABLE]

This is only for those interested... just an idea ive been playing with.

how can anyone call him(or her)self "KING" (or queen) of the TCG if (S)he doesn't master both formats...

the thing i came up with is to make 2 lists, one unlimited one modified (standard).

And then a shorter third list (4 spots probably) which you can only challenge if you are in the top five of both lists.

Challenges for this list would be no longer best 2 out of 3 but best 3 out of five; 2 unlimited matches 2 modified and one chosen by either the challenger or the defender (later to be determined (chosen between mod and unlimited ofcourse)).

(If it will ever be implemented: The modified list)

no matter what we do we'll test the current format first. The outcome of that experiment will determine if this will be made or not.

Top four players (champs of unlimited and modified)

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

Rank

Name

Timezone

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

[/TABLE]

List modified

[TABLE=width: 500]

[/TD]

Name

Timezone

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

~

Everyone Else

~

[TD]

[/TABLE]

the issue though is that it would require a lot of guards and even more work for me...

so there has to be enough gusto before i even attempt to make that.

To that extend please leave your opinions and or feedback in the replies.

We are currently testing what the best way is to make this run smoothly.

the things we have run into so far that need attention are:

1. Format, what would be preffered, modified or unlimited. maybe even both..

2. How to make sure the higher numbers on the list also get some action...

things we are currently testing:

1. Points reward system.

2. Match setup system.

3. Match reporting.

Sounds pretty intresting,

Ill help you set it up :)

i wont be around for long though but for the time being sign me up for spot number one :D

let me in too

what kind of decks are to be used?

AH great question, hadn't thought about that yet.

I think it would be best if we started it as unlimited and see how it goes for a while, after which we may split it up into mod and unlimited or maybe just mod or whatever... :D I haven't done anything like this before so we'll have to test some stuff and see what suits us best :)

and to all others thanks for signing up :)

modified is better

maybe but that will show in a matter of time, lets just try to fill up the 10 spots so we can get started,

try unlimitd for a while then after that we can try modified and see what works best.

can i challenge the persons that are below me in the list & how to post the results after battle

well i guess you could, just for fun... not to get higher on the list though, or to get points :P

I am wronglai not wroinglai

thanks and I may be available mostly from GMT 13~ 17

welcome challenging players

I am wronglai not wroinglai

thanks and I may be available mostly from GMT 13~ 17

welcome challenging players

my bad, i fixed it :)

one more and we can begin :)

Archived