Energy Cards in HGSS Theme Decks

Najito

Hi Profs,

I have a question regarding the energies that come with the HGSS theme decks. It seems that after you open them now, you receive energies from the Black & White series rather than the HGSS ones that come with artwork in the background which used to be what you get until a few updates ago.

Can someone clarify if the change was intentional or just a bug to be fixed? Thanks!

I opened the TR and UD theme decks long time ago too. But they never had HGSS artwork energies in it. This I never heard before honestly because as with the real theme decks from the HS area you only got the regular energies.

Certain Nightfall and Daybreak theme decks used to give you HGSS energy with art in the past. While Verdant Frost and Royal Guard gave you HGSS energy without art

During the big XY update the HGSS energy without art was removed from the game.

While a few updates ago the art energy from Nightfall/Daybreak was also converted to regular energy.

I believe this may actually be a bug which also happened with BW checkered energy and CoL energies a while back. Basically the card being linked to the wrong picture.

Hi guys,

The inclusion of the basic Energy cards from the HeartGold & SoulSilver expansion in Theme Decks was an issue that was fixed a couple of game updates ago. However, the fix wasn't retroactive, so any decks already in a your collection with the incorrect Energy art will still use that art. Decks received after the fix use the correct Energy art.

Thanks for your reports and I hope this info helped!

Okay, so the HGSS decks wasn't supposed to have HGSS energy in the first place?

In that case, the fix did turn out to be retroactive?

Both my Nightfall and Daybreak theme deck now have the standard energy art when it used to have HGSS art energy before the update.

Archived