[Beginner] Should I buy a deck first or just booster packs?

yyJay

Got 500 gold from Trainer Challenge and I'd like to know if I should get a deck first or just start buying packs...

1) If booster packs, which one and why?

2) If a deck, which one? Are the XY decks good? If I PlasmaShadow deck should I only buy PlasmaStorm packs?

if you don't ever plan on buying any real booster packs probably worthwhile to just buy decks and play more trainer challenge

like above, Get the fairy starter with Xernias because its pretty good and you can do alot. Then do the trainers with each starter deck to unlock them each. Then I would go for some boosters. I myself enjoy the xy packs.

if you don't ever plan on buying any real booster packs probably worthwhile to just buy decks and play more trainer challenge

like above, Get the fairy starter with Xernias because its pretty good and you can do alot. Then do the trainers with each starter deck to unlock them each. Then I would go for some boosters. I myself enjoy the xy packs.

Thanks guys, I've got the fairy starter and edited it a little bit with my few cards I have:

2x Swirlix

2x Slurpuff

1x Spritzee

1x Aromatisse

2x Xerneas

1x Snivy [60HP / Leaf Blade 10+ (if head this attack does 30 more damage)]

1x Servine [80HP / Wring Out 30 (if head, paralized + remove energy)]

1x Serperior [140HP / Mega Drain 70 (heal ****

1x Virizion [110 HP / Double Draw (draw 2), Leaf Wallop 40 (next turn 40 more damage)]

1x Eevee [surprise Attack]

1x Leafeon [100HP / Energy Crush (Does 20 damage times the amount of Energy attached to all of your opponent's Pokémon.) and Leaf Blade 60+ (head 20)

2x Bouffalant - against EX

4x Switch

4x Great Ball

2x Level Ball

2x Ultra Ball

3x Energy Retrieval

2x Evosoda (only got 2)

4x Cilan

2x Cheren

1x Fairy Garden (I have another one if needed)

14x Fairy

6x Leaf

I've tried 14 matches. Won 8, lost 6 (all the victory was against no EX decks, and all the defeat, against EX decks) - Bouffalant was added after the 14 matched. - [***************************************]

Tell me how I can improve this deck with my collection (I think energy and trainer cards need some heavy rework - I got some useless cards on hand very often :P) and what packs to look for

Thanks! :P

Archived