Judge My Competitive Wifi team.

Kydwykkdd

I play competitive pokemon alot. Mostly on my soulsilver. I Ev train and play very stern. I would like some feedback~

Froslass: Spikes, Taunt, Destiny Bond, Ice Beam

Timid Nature

Ability: Snow Cloak

Item: Focus Sash

Evs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp.Attack, 4 Hp

^ Lead

Machamp: Bullet Punch, Stone Edge, Dynamic Punch, Payback

Adamant Nature

Ability: No Gaurd

Item: Lum Berry

Evs: 240 Hp, 248 Attack, 16 SpDef, 4 Speed

^ Physical Attacker

Blissey: Softboiled, Aromatherapy, Seismic Toss, Thunder Wave

Bold Nature

Ability: Natural Cure

Item: Leftovers

Evs: 252 HP / 200 Defence / 4 Speed / 52 Sp.defence

^ Special Wall

Lanturn: Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, Thunderbolt, Surf

Calm Nature

Ability: Volt Absorb

Leftovers

Evs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 252 SpD

^ Special Attacker

Skarmory: Whirlwind, Roost, Stealth Rock, Brave Bird

Impish Nature

Ability: Sturdy

Item: Occa Berry or sometimes leftovers

Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

^ Physical Wall

Umbreon : Mean Look, Baton Pass, Wish, Toxic

Careful Nature

Ability: Sychronize

Item: Mental Herb [ For taunt] and sometimes leftovers

Evs: 252 HP, 128 Special Def, [Rest of the evs in Defence]

^ Annoyer

Hurrrr.... Done with the items <.<

So my major problem with your team is that it appears to just be made of bulky Pokémon with little to no offensive prowess, besides Machamp. Faster taunt users like Azelf could really destroy this team, since it relies so much on non-offensive moves.

Also Umbreon is completely useless. <.<;

The only Pokémon on your team with offensive EV investment are Froslass, a suicide lead, and Machamp, your slow physical attacker. Lanturn is NOT a special-attacker. It's an annoyer. It has no special attack EVs so you'll be firing off extremely weak attacks.

Skarmbliss + Umbreon isn't effective. It's absolutely gigantic wallbreaker Infernape bait.

Not exactly. Try to Remember that not all people thing like you do when it comes to competitive battling.

=====

Umbreon can be replaced with Swampert for infernape protection.

A mixed swampert. <--- probably wouldnt be a good idea. Blissey can be swapped.

But either way i still have Dusknoir. So azelf. Go ahead and explode up on dusknoir.

Not exactly. Try to Remember that not all people thing like you do when it comes to competitive battling.

=====

Umbreon can be replaced with Swampert for infernape protection.

A mixed swampert. <--- probably wouldnt be a good idea. Blissey can be swapped.

But either way i still have Dusknoir. So azelf. Go ahead and explode up on dusknoir.

...? I'm going based on wot you have in your front post. <.<;

--_--' I was expecting positive feedback.

"I play competitive pokemon alot. Mostly on my soulsilver. I Ev train and play very stern. I would like some feedback~"

Competitively this team ain't swell. >.>;

To what i can see, your team is super bulky, but when it comes down to attack it's a little weak.

Nonetheless, I think your team can be pretty strong, if you can tweek a few things and use the bulkyness to your advantage more.

For example, since your skarmory is the physical wall, drill peck/sky attack/fly/aerial ace may be better options than brave bird, since you want to maintain health as much a possible on your wall. This way you can save roost to back up the wall rather than maintain the damage caused during brave bird.

Lanturn as a special attaker is not very strong, with a base stat of 76. This means it doesn't hit hard. So you may want to change thunderbolt into thunder., but thunderbolt is good for it's accuracy and pp. For extra (but not neccessary) power, put in a rain dance instead of confuse ray. This raises power of surf and allow 100% accuracy Thunder. Keep thunder wave because lanturn's too slow.

And to umbreon. Depending on your play style and how much you like umbreon, you can always swap umbreon out for another attacker, as your team does lack that killing edge to it. None the less, it's no harm having this little annoyer lurking around to harass the foe. But if you're keeping it, a few changes to it's move set must be made. Blissey and skarmory both can heal themselves, and lanturn has volt absorb. This makes umbreon's wish not very useful. and to what i know, i think wish doesn't need to be baton passed, so u can stick detect/protect/yawn/rain dance/sucker punch instead.

Detect/protect is good options to use as annoyer to protect from low pp attacks or pursuit; yawn is great as a "yawn and run" annoyer, although you already have toxic in hand, steel, poison types can't be toxic-ed; rain dance can power up lanturn, weaken fire type (which is super effective against 2 of your pokemons). the water type power up will not be too much to your disadvantage as none of your pokemons are weak against water; sucker punch is just an amazing move for all dark types for obvious reasons. Note that annoyers like Umbreon is probably the pokemon in your team that requires most prediction when you switch it in and out.

As of blissey, it is your choice, but to make sure your team can still kill effectively after marchamp is down, i suggest toxic instead of thunder wave. Remember, toxic is bulky pokemon's best weapon.

Marchamp is good to go. You may consider cross-chop which takes as much damage, but can critical hit, which breaks through physical walls much easier. Note that marchamp is your team's main damge out put, but it has no guard which is quite risky. Make sure you protect marchamp well because it'll be much harder to take down opponents without marchamp.

All your items are good, but you can always give marchamp a Scope Lens or Razor Claw if you're using cross chop.

Phew looks like i wrote quite a lot...I bolded the key words so it's easier to read.

P.S. What? I missed out froslass?....I don't know much about froslass so can't comment much, but it's move set looks good in your team anyway:)

I think it's alright, what are you going to mainly use it for? Random single battles?

Yup. Singles

Drill Peck is an alternative for Brave Bird, but Fly/Sky Attack/Aerial Ace are out of the question. Although Brave Bird lets it do massive damage to enemy Machamps.

Lanturn isn't meant to do damage. It's meant to paralyze stuff and provide synergy with Skarmory.

That Umbreon set is really bad. It gets destroyed by Taunt and Substitute and is absolute set-up bait to stuff like Agiligross. Umbreon is set-up bait in general.

Blissey wants T-Wave > Toxic so it can do things to stuff like Heatran after it switches in. T-Wave also has synergy with Machamp.

Dynamicpunch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cross Chop. You don't know wot you're talking about. And Close Combat > Cross Chop on Gutschamp.

Edit: "I find your deck pretty good. I see an interesting strategy behind it." I lol'd at the usage of the word "deck".

And no you may not battle me. That wouldn't be fair to you since I know your team. That, and I don't actually competitive battle in-game. ...>.>;

Hey! Umbreon isn't that bad. In fact, in the right hands it can be very useful.

P.S. I apologize fore using "deck" in my last quote. I meant "team"

I have over 15 different teams. You have NO idea how much i ev train. Epecially since i have Pokerus and all the power items!

I have over 15 different teams. You have NO idea how much i ev train. Epecially since i have Pokerus and all the power items!

Good for you. But EV Training means nothing if your Pokémon aren't used to the best of their abilities, and they are only as good as their trainer.

Uh, me? I've only EV-trained one Pokémon in my life (all of my personal competitive non-theorycraft battling experience comes from Shoddy) which is my Lapras shown in this video:

Well... As i should have said, that team is unoficial . My real team is way more advanced.

But my motto is "If you dont ev, you fail." <----

If you want to prove me wrong, battle me with little or no evd pokemon in your team.

Oh, I don't really mind failing! It's one of the things that I do the best! tounge_smile.png

Say, speaking of failure, if you attempt failure and succeed, what have you done?

LOL! I still do sort of well, though. The most competitive-battling-esque thing that I do would be finding good natures, and I'm not too skilled at that, either!

Natures are no problem for me. I went to that route in soulsilver that has grass that give ditto 80% of the time, i caught one of each nature and equip them with everstones. Now if they breed with my pokemon the baby will come out with the nature

Well... As i should have said, that team is unoficial . My real team is way more advanced.

But my motto is "If you dont ev, you fail." <----

If you want to prove me wrong, battle me with little or no evd pokemon in your team.

I don't disagree with you, though...

Archived