Need some tips/advice on my deck

vinhamon

Hi I started to play pokemon cards (real cards and I'm still a beginner) and learning how to play not too long ago. I need some advice and tips on my deck. Need to know if I need improvements (pretty sure I need some). When I mean improvement I mean which card should I attempt to get (booster packs) or any cards I should replace with. Suggestions and Criticism are welcome. here's my deck:

{Fairy / Steel}

Trainer Cards:

Great Ball x2

Ghetsis x1

Evosoda x3

Max Revive x1

Shauna x1

Hard Charm x1

Super Potion x1

Switch x1

Potion x2

Fairy Garden x1

Professor's Letter x3

Team Flare Grunt x3

Energy Cards:

Fairy Energy x6

Steel Energy x6

Rainbow Energy x1

Double Colorless Energy x1

Pokemon Cards:

Spritzee x1

Aromatise x1

Jigglypuff x3

Wigglytuff x2

Snubbull x1

Granbull x1

Mawile x2

Pawniard x3

Bisharp x2

Aron x1

Lairon x1

Honedge x3

Doublade x3

Aegislash x2 (Both King Shield)

are you one of those who are against using exs?cuz if not you can try a combo with keldeo ex and king's shield aegislash.

would need at least 1 keldeo ex and 3 king's shield aegislash

spritzee and aromatisse is not that worth using if you don't run max potion

don't bother with aron family if you have no aggron

needs at least 4 juniper/sycamore or you'll never get the cards you need in time

at least 2 N for late game catch up and early game hand refresh

some Shauna for late game stability

yeah I was thinking of replacing Aron family since I have no aggron and same with spritzee and aromatisse. thanks for the suggestion!

If your fairly new and playing in real life you should aim to get one playable deck that is good to play competitively. For this you will generally need commitment in buying and researching the cards, you might be able to get away from getting some cards lended to you if you attend a league or have friends.

Note:Its better to buy the cards directly than open booster packs,

supporters card/trainer cards or uncommon/common pokemons can be gained by some theme decks and often most are easily lendable or bought cheap from people.

A typical deck has:

10-16 Pokemons (best to focus on a certain pokemon so this mean having pokemon lines like 3-3 lines or 4-1-3 with 4 candies. i would suggest running max two different evolution lines, this isnt amust but atleast but will cost for the conisistency for your deck.

25-35 trainers

10 at minumum which have to be drawing supporters, like what chronophysicist said: juniper x4, N x2-4 shauna x1-3 colress x2

other typical staples are like search cards that gurantee the search if the card is in a deck, ultra ball x3 is typical but cards like heavy/plasma/level can be added and mixed about int your deck. Dont be afraid about discarding, thinning out your deck helps your consistency. There are some decks that are sensitive to discarding some cards so just don't be too reckless too.

energy 10-14, this maybe surprsing if your new but having to much energy will play as dead cards, and card such as prof letter/super rod/ energy retrieval can recover energy if required an take fewer slots. Deck run typically one card of them if any or more depending of the purpose of the deck.

Thanks for the info/suggestion supernova. Yes I am committed in buying booster pack and etc I do got a deck but I want to build myself. I did improve the deck a bit more now after buying few booster pack. The current deck I have now is pure steel. Here's my deck

[Trainer Cards]:

Great Ball x3

Ghetsis x1

Evosoda x4

Max Revive x1

Shauna x2

Hard Charm x1

Super Potion x2

Switch x1

Potion x2

Pokeball x1

Professor's Letter x4

Team Flare Grunt x4

Professor Sycamore x1

Cassius x2

Roller Skate x1

[Energy Cards]:

Steel Energy x12

Rainbow Energy x1

Double Colorless Energy x1

[Pokemon Cards]:

Mawile x2

Pawniard x3

Bisharp x2

Honedge x3

Doublade x3

Aegislash x2 (Both King Shield)

Cobalion x1

Skarmory EX x1

I think mawile is a pretty lousy card overall, just not really much benefit to playing that. Low HP, low damage, needs flip to astonish.....

makes more sense to go with more double colorless, I think quite a few pokemon could benefit from that? if not just dump it all. same goes for rainbow energy, now that you're all steel there's no need to rainbow energy. not only do you have to take the 10 damage, you are also vulnerable to stuff like enhanced hammer

more sycamore/juniper and shauna at least, draw power is essential

yeah I was thinking of removing mawile cause I thought Mega Mawile is already out but I checked the list so yeah. I will remove the rainbow for sure pretty useless for me. I'm trying to get more double energy as well. Thanks for the suggestions!

all the mega pokemon so far appear as EXs so I would imagine if there was a mega mawile it would be a mega mawile ex and evolve from mawile ex so that mawile should probabaly be forever useless

Pokemon:17

Honedge x4

Doublade x2

Aegislash 3-1 (King Shield-Buster Swing)

Cobalion Iron Breaker x1

Skarmory EX x1

Cobalion EX x2 or [Cobalion EX x1 and 1 Registeel EX x1]

Keldeo EX x2

Mr Mime x1

Trainer Cards: 32

Ultra Ball x3

Level Ball x1

Evosoda x3

bicycle x2

Switch/Escape Rope x2

Professor's Letter x1

Energy Retrieval x1

Professor Sycamore x4

N x4

Ghetsis x1

Colress x2

skyla x2

float stone x3

exp share x2

Scramble switch/Dowsing Machine

Energy Cards:11

Steel Energy x7

Double Colorless Energy x4

Hows this? The ones in bold are what are to be changed or added. You could quite easily add a mewtwo in the deck.

In fact mew ex may work well. They both should be relatively easy to get from Legendary Treasures pack and possibly replace for cobalion/registeel ex.

Keldeo ex and Mewtwo ex have their own tin, which is almost a guranteed way to get them and a for some a cheaper independant way to get started.

Trainer wise, there are trainers that you lack that are found from older sets. It shouldn't be at all irritating to ask someone if they have spares for trade etc.

DCE is also obtainable from both of the latest set, so can be traded for cheaply.

Archived