Kicked out of game, then frozen game

Escape27

(I am putting both these in here because I think they may be related)

I requested a challenger in versus mode with my unlimited deck. It took quite a while, so I cancelled the request and put in another one (sometimes it seems I am lost in the cue, so I cancel, try again, and I almost immediately get an opponent on the second try). During that game, and actually almost on my last move - to win (*sigh*), I was kicked out and entered into another match (my guess is that the cancel never really went through, and it found me an opponent while I was playing the other game).

I asked the second player if he had been kicked out of another game too, and he said no, "but the game will end in 5 minutes anyway". I assumed the comment was in play (and probably was). Anyway, the game was going smoothly until I played an N. The game asked if I was sure (since I would be reducing the amount of cards in my hand), I said "Okay" and then the game hung. I had no option to do anything (and N's effect did not happen). My timer still was going on during this.

I asked the other player if N's effect had taken place for him and I received no answer. The game eventually ended because my time ran out and I lost the match (after about 5 minutes from the start of the match - Coincidence? Probably, but I figured I would mention it just in case this has happened to someone else).

Thanks. :) I do think I need to add this:

I just went into chat, and the chat lobby for the first game is still there (but the notification says that the chat lobbies are inactive). I can still type in messages (in the game chat), and the regular lobbies are still working.

Hi Escape27,

As we are not seeing any reports similar to your first two, I would suggest checking your internet connection if you experience either of these again. If it's a continued problem, we recommend closing any background programs that could be interfering with your connection and running an antivirus/malware scan.

Regarding your new report, I would recommend submitting a ticket to the support team for individual investigation if you're still experiencing this. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question". Please include as much detail as possible in your inquiry.

Thanks for your patience and your reports! :)

Yes, this is not the tournament thread, but what happened here, is exactly what happened to SEVERAL people in the tournaments.

And before I submit a report, I do make sure it is not on my end. I had actually run a boot scan the day before this happened (I have kids, so I do that periodically). After it happened today, I checked my internet connectivity, and it was working wonderfully. In fact, when I ran a speed test, the download was about 23.5 and the upload was 1.8. The day I did the report, I had firefox open (it was the only background program) and only had two tabs open. My memory usage was fine, and there was nothing open that could interfere with my internet connection.

And honestly, I get confused, because I am told by support to place bug reports here, and you are telling me to send them to support. I have a LOT of other things happen, but I do not know where to send them, so I just don't.

LOL, i just thought the exact same thing... Mod. you guy should really let the development/support team Govern this section of the page. Instead of having this a 2 step process, where you guy "report" this back to the dev/support team for review, have them note it down themselves, let them *Interact* with their work. And asking people to "Further" Report their problem on a Report thread is just... odd, cause they already did. (Not to mention you guy also have this circular thing going on where player are direct to bug thread by support and bug thread re-direct them back to support again or Vice versa in an infinite loop type of deal xD)

I think this would be more efficient, less thing will get lost in translation, and having the dev/support team "directly" handle issue rather than "indirectly" handle by Mod. would put players, both new and old, at ease. As of right now, frankly speaking, if a friend ask me -- hey I want to play the game, I understand the rule, how does the system work, is it user friendly?. My answer right now is --- it full of bugs...

This is the form of answer I want to give - It full of bugs, but it is being handle very efficiently. Their dev/support team are great and quick at responding to problem <<< I cant do that.. yet?

Point being short, (sorry if i'm too frank, but as a paying customer to the game, I am entice to my opinion). You guy make communication way too complicated -- and it hinders your progress.

This is the form of answer I want to give - It full of bugs, but it is being handle very efficiently. Their dev/support team are great and quick at responding to problem <<< I cant do that.. yet?

Thank you. Among the other things you stated in your reply, the quote above I have to give applause to.

This game has so much potential, but it is a bit buggy (which is expected at this stage). I have done beta for a long time, and I am used to reporting. Sometimes a bug is a glitch, sometimes it is not, but there are clear formats that a report has to be given in. Usually it includes computer type, operating system, browsers, etc... I have no idea what to say here or who to say it to.

I am not trying to say that I am upset with the forum, but if things were a bit clearer, I think more people would be able to accurately report bugs and the dev team can take care of what needs to be taken care of.

I want to add that I do understand why moderators look at these before sending them off to the Devs. If we sent every issue to the dev team, they would be overrun. At the same time, if the moderators do not have access to the code, they can not really tell if someone has computer problems or if it is a small bug in the program. I think that (as stated by c_huynh1712) having someone familiar with the actual code here, as well as the regular moderators, it might make thing go a little smoother.

You have to realize that one very small bug can cause huge problems if not caught. I beta test because I tend to find bugs (a lot) by accident. I joke that they find me.

Thanks for your feedback, c_huynh1712. I'm sure that the development team does read the forum; however, what we do is summarize and organize your reports to ensure that the development team can quickly and easily locate what they are looking for. Think of it as a filing cabinet. :)

We certainly do not try to make communication complicated. Users have the option of reporting bugs / feedback here or by submitting a support ticket. Both methods are treated with equal importance and priority.

If the issue does not appear to be affecting other players, then you may be asked to submit a ticket so that you can receive more personalized assistance.

I have passed along your feedback.

Thanks!

Unfortunately not, Escape. However, if you have private notes that you would like to send to the mod team, you can submit a support ticket and it will make it to the correct person(s).

Okay. I will try it that way (later tonight). It is not anything bad, but I do not think it should be discussed out in the open.

Archived