can't access the chat!

itstoomisty

On the mac version of PTCGO, I am unable to access the lobby, send friend requests, play with online friends, and trade with online friends. My account is set to open and I can do all of these things on my windows computer, so I am sure it is not a problem with my account. Also, I am able to do random battles and public trades on the mac version.

Anybody know a fix or is this a bug?

Hi ItsTooMisty,

The easiest fixes for this issue are to A) Log into your pokemon.com account and temporarily change your username and B) Try a clean installation of the game:

For the clean install method, first make sure your internet is stable and all necessary drivers and updates are installed, then remove all traces of the Pokémon Trading Card Game client from your computer and re-download the game to a separate directory(folder) than previously used. Install the new files from this directory and attempt to relaunch the game.

If none of this stuff works, contact the Support Team with your computer specifications and any methods of relieving the issue you have tried. They'll be able to give more detailed assistance.

You can access the Support Portal by clicking the link in my signature.

Hope this helps and thanks for your report!

Having same issue here, also a Mac user.

ITSTOOMISTY if you corrected the problem, please post which method you followed please.

Thanks for the reply. I was unable to solve the problem with either of the listed methods, so I will go ahead and leave a ticket in the support portal.

edit: Having another problem here....I get an error that says "Insufficient Account Information" when I try to log in to the support portal to submit a ticket. Any ideas?

Hi itstoomisty,

You can usually get past this issue by clearing your browser cache or trying another web browser if that doesn't work. Others have stated that trying back later can help as well.

Thanks for your patience!

I cleared my cache and tried another browser but still got the same error message. Could anyone else with the same issue submit a ticket?

Hi again itstoomisty!

If you're still unable to log in to the support portal, it may be due to an issue with insufficient name information on your account. Our team is currently working to address this issue, but if you would like to submit a ticket before then, please try updating your pokemon.com social settings with both a first and last name.

Thanks again for your patience while we work on a fix!

Any community member who wishes to discuss or refute a disciplinary action that has been applied to his or her account must submit a ticket via the Support Portal (accessible with the link in my signature). Discussion of disciplinary actions is not permitted on the forums.

Any community member who wishes to discuss or refute a disciplinary action that has been applied to his or her account must submit a ticket via the Support Portal (accessible with the link in my signature). Discussion of disciplinary actions is not permitted on the forums.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi ItsTooMisty,

The easiest fixes for this issue are to A) Log into your pokemon.com account and temporarily change your username and B) Try a clean installation of the game:

For the clean install method, first make sure your internet is stable and all necessary drivers and updates are installed, then remove all traces of the Pokémon Trading Card Game client from your computer and re-download the game to a separate directory(folder) than previously used. Install the new files from this directory and attempt to relaunch the game.

If none of this stuff works, contact the Support Team with your computer specifications and any methods of relieving the issue you have tried. They'll be able to give more detailed assistance.

You can access the Support Portal by clicking the link in my signature.

Hope this helps and thanks for your report!

Have these suggestions actually fixed the issue for any Mac user? They did not for me nor does it appear from the multiple threads on this that they have worked for any Mac user.

Omniver, If you have tried the above suggestions and they do not work, I suggest that you send a ticket into the support team so they can investigate this matter further and help you get your game up and running. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question".

Hope that helps!

Thanks, I have already submitted multiple tickets on this. What I'm trying to determine is if there are *any* Mac users that have chat/friends working. I originally reported this back in January, and in addition to this thread I have found two other threads stating the same problem - but this *is not listed as a known bug* for PTCGO, which implies to me that it is working for some people. I'm trying to confirm this. I'll open a separate thread for this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello trainers!

If you're still experiencing this issue, please see the latest announcement in this subforum:

Hello everyone!

The development team is currently investigating permanent solutions to the chat/lobby issues on Macs. They have found that a common issue seems to stem from the Thunderbolt Ethernet Bridge feature, which can be temporarily disabled to allow regular play of the TCG Online. Here is a brief overview and the temporary workaround for this issue:

What is the Thunderbolt Ethernet Bridge?

It is a way to network two Macs together directly via a Thunderbolt cable.

Do I need this if I'm connected via Ethernet?

No. This only effects your ability to directly connect two Macs together. If you are using this functionality you will need to undo the workaround to restore this functionality by switching network locations.

How do I disable the Thunderbolt Ethernet Bridge?

- Open up System Preferences.

- Click on Network.

- Under location click 'Edit Locations..'

- Click the '+' symbol to create a new location.

- Give the location a name and click Done.

- Select 'Thunderbolt Network Bridge'

- Press the [-] button to remove it.

- Click the gear icon and select 'Manage Virtual Interfaces'

- Select 'Thunderbolt Bridge'

- Click the [-] button to remove it. Confirm even though it is in use.

- Click Done.

- Click Apply.

PLEASE NOTE: Switching to a network location that has the bridge active will cause the issue to re-occur. To switch back:

- Open up System Preferences.

- Click on Network.

- Select the bridge-less connection.

- Click the gear icon and select 'Manage Virtual Interfaces'

- Select 'Thunderbolt Bridge'

- Click the [-] button to remove it. Confirm even though it is in use.

- Click Done.

- Click Apply.

Tried this, removed all virtual networks leaving only WiFi; no change in behavior. I appreciate that development is working on this. Please let me know what I can do to help.

Archived