Looking to fill in holes

Zdog308

I'm trying to fill in holes in my fire/water deck currently and not sure how to do it.

my deck list is

charmander x2

charmeleon x2

charizard

moltres

victini

larvesta

volcarona

reshiram x2

delibird x2

crygonal

keldeo

keldeo ex

bagon

shelgon

salamence

white kyurem

White kyurem ex

dunsparce

lillipup

fire energies x12

water energies x8

double colorless energies x2

Pkmn communication

switch

full heal

great ball

super potion

tierno

prof letter

shauna

energy retrieval x2

potion

pkmn catcher

flare grunt

evosoda

skyla

Guest ArtichokeCat

um...so what's your strategy?

also-more draw power is suggested like the usual n's and junipers/sycamores

in addition, try some energy acceleration like emboar/blastoise

if you want tip maybe at least give us some idea what you're looking for instead of just randomly picking a bunch of cards and putting them in a list and making us do all the work for you, at this point I might as well tell you to cut everything except the keldeo ex and make a blastoise deck

if you're expecting help please do some work yourself

It looks like you are new to deck building, so here are a couple of basic deck building tips.

Try not to run more than 1 line of stage 2 pokemon (like the Charizard line) and you need to add enough of them to have a chance to draw, so rule of thumb for beginners is 4-3-2 that is 4 basic, 3 stage 1, and 2 stage 2. If you have more Stage 2 bump it to 3 or 4.

You don't need a lot of different pokemon you need to focus on one main attackers and any other pokemon should be there to help the main attacker.

Thee supporters that give you drawing power should be in 4s. So put 4 N, 4 Shauna, 4 Professor Junipers. Skyla is also a good card to have 4 of.

Well what I'm looking for is a way to support fire types, and lately I feel that despite having awesome dragon types water just doesn't cut it. Not sure if it would be better to change types, I want Charizard to be my main attacker, due to the fact it could almost be an EX. Sorry I'm used to posting on Yu-Gi-Oh! forums so when you post a deck people know what you're going for.

I saw the emboar, but that is a little risky to do using multiple 2-staged Pokémon, removing Selamance might be a good idea then for emboar?

Guest ArtichokeCat

yeah I was thinking your deck would just be centered around those two and some other fire type attacker like the reshiram...but hey it's your deck and you can do whatever you want with it :P

maybe if you try adjust your deck numbers to 15/30/15 for pokemon/trainer/energy first, then from there we can give a bit more suggestions, at this point there's so much stuff that's not needed and so much missing

New Deck list:

White Kyurem EX (LgndTr)

White Kyurem (BoundCrss)

Phione (LgndTr)

Keldeo EX

Charmander x2 (LgndTr)

Charmeleon x2 (BoundCrss)

Charizard (PlsmStrm)

Reshiram x2 (BW004)

Victini (NbleV)

Tepig (BW)

Pignite (McD promo)

Emboar (BW20)

Larvesta (DrkExpl)

Volcarona (NbleV)

Prof. Juniper

Shauna

Tierno

Skyla

Team Flare Grunt

Roller Skates

Pokeball

Evosoda x2

Pokedex

Prof. Letter

Full Heal

Super Potion

Potion

Great Ball

Switch

Pokemon Communication

Energy Retrieval x2

Pokemon Catcher

Fire Energy x 13

Water Energy x 8

Double Colorless x2

Like you guys said in the end it is my deck. I am just here for some ideas.

for the stage 2 pokemon its better to go with less of its stage 1 pokemon and more of the basic and stage 2. Idea behind this is to accelerate the process with rare candy and bypass the stage 1 in most cases. going 1 evolution at a time often ends up taking too much time. so try a ratio of 3/1/3 at least for basic/stage1/stage2 and then include the max number of rare candies

you need far better supporter cards as well, the main reason we focused on 30 trainers is because at least 10 of those should be supporters. they make sure you draw into your deck fast enough to get the stuff you need. some of the preferred supporters are Juniper/N/Sycamore/Colress, with Shauna and Bianca close behind. Others like Tierno/Cheren just dont offer sufficient draw power to be useful. Team flare grunt is not really worth playing if you only play 1, discarding 1 energy the whole game often doesn't set your opponent back enough to make a difference in most cases.

Drop the grunt... How many rare candies would suffice, and is pokeball or Pokemon communication better? The problem I find right now is that I draw no basics at least twice before the game starts. But when I get going I can pull out Charizard almost instantly.

once you have stage 2s playing a critical role in the deck you almost always have to go max on rare candies

pokemon communication would be better I think just because it has a better gurantee of getting you what you want, but ideally i would say stuff like ultra/level/heavy ball would be better, they are also still allowed in the standard and unlimited format

okay... would adding Charizard EX, blacksmith, and Pyroar when they come out be a good idea? I appreciate the help I've been getting my deck has gotten a lot better.

Guest ArtichokeCat
okay... would adding Charizard EX, blacksmith, and Pyroar when they come out be a good idea? I appreciate the help I've been getting my deck has gotten a lot better.

Yeah that would be a great deck with inferno fandango emboar!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived