Make communication/updates available outside forum

ESVDiamond

Hello all,

I am writing today because I was pretty disappointed that I missed the 1st round of alpha tournament testing. I only found out it even happened because I saw it mentioned in the comments of [Content removed - discussion of websites or games other than official Pokémon sites and games is not permitted. -Prof. Poplar].

So I am curious why it's so hard to find information about this game anywhere but on this forum? Pretty much every game company these days have very reliable and consistent communication through a variety of channels.

If I want updates on [Content removed - discussion of websites or games other than official Pokémon sites and games is not permitted. -Prof. Poplar]. Their employees post every day on social media sites, and make sure that people are informed and excited. I cannot find anything close to the same for this game. Another example with [Content removed - discussion of websites or games other than official Pokémon sites and games is not permitted. -Prof. Poplar]!

When the visual update to the game was coming I decided to take a break until it hit (was frustrated with old interface). It took me over a month to find out the visual update had hit after it was live, and I was waiting for it checking [Content removed - discussion of websites or games other than official Pokémon sites and games is not permitted. -Prof. Poplar] every day. If it was something that major for ANY other game, it would have been EVERYWHERE.

At this point I feel like a very small amount of people know about this really solid game because there is an entire one source for it (this forum), anywhere else and it basically does not exist. I find PTCGO to be the BEST online ccg by and far, but no one else sees it because there is very little way to get information on this game.

I only found out about this game myself because one of your employees on [Content removed - discussion of websites or games other than official Pokémon sites and games is not permitted. -Prof. Poplar]. However this is one guy that's unrelated to PTCGO as far as I can tell, so why can't I find people that work on this project?

Now to top it off I own a very popular gaming stream named [Content removed - discussion of websites or games other than official Pokémon sites and games is not permitted. -Prof. Poplar] and was planning on doing some video's of the tournament alpha but if I don't happen to check the game client at the right time (was the time of the alpha even posted on here?????), totally out of luck. That's not fair or good business, I would have set aside time in my schedule to make sure I was here to play and record them. People like myself also want to help promote this game, but it is very difficult when no info is outside the forum.

I really think Pokemon TCG Online could be a MASSIVE hit if marketed correctly with proper community outreach and promotion, but in it's current form it will never be any more than a niche product.

As a final note, I know this is some REALLY easy stuff to do as I have done it myself with [Content removed - discussion of websites or games other than official Pokémon sites and games is not permitted. -Prof. Poplar].

I hope in the future you can start to reach outside your site more to help more people discover this amazing game! Please also feel free to contact me anytime if you need some help on where to go.

Best of luck!

Edit: You have the worst filters ever on words, please also add on an option (I am not 6 years old) please.....

Hello ESVDiamond,

I'll submit your feedback to the team for review and leave your thread open for discussion in the meantime. We appreciate your input! :)

However, as per the forum rules, all discussion on the forums must remain on the topic of Pokémon. Furthermore, in order to protect the safety of players and to prevent the spread of unofficial Pokémon information, posting links to or discussing websites other than official Pokémon sites is not permitted. I encourage you to read through the rules, which can be found by clicking on the Forum Rules link at the bottom of this page.

Again, thanks for your input and your understanding.

Your removal of references to other sites only further shows the problem. I linked none directly, they are all some of the largest websites in the world, all except one used by Pokemon International on a regular basis, and used them as references only. I have never seen a game publisher straight out ban mentions to the largest social media sites in the world.

I thank you for leaving this open and would love to hear more on this and thank you as well for your time!

Love this game, just want to see more people find out how good it is too, also I REALLY want to play in some tournaments.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kremkroc

Support. Personally I'm not really active on social media so for me the communication on here (the forum) is enough, even though it's slightly annoying you have to login everytime in order to get access. Although I do fully agree that making offical social media profiles for the game would definitely help the game grow.

Also, an option to go around the chat filter is crucial. From my experience, the vast majority of players are at the very very least 15 years or older, so an option to bypass the filter is more than needed.

Archived