Making my Son's account an Open Account

coolmummyrose

I keep clicking Open on my child's TCG Online settings but when my child goes to play TCG Online he still cant chat or trade. When I go and visit my account to check its on open. It says Custom. (Yes, I did press Submit after clicking open)

Hi Coolmummyrose,

The most a child account can do is Limited; however, looking at the settings, you should now be able to use "Canned Chat", trade freely and use the friends list. If this is not the case, I recommend that you click the link in my signature to contact Customer Support for further assistance.

Hope it helps!

In regards to a "child's account", does the account age up with them so that as they get older and hit Seniors and such, are they able to do regular chat and other things that goes along with a non-limited account?

Hi JBCheshire,

As a child ages, the option for them to be removed from their parent's account will appear once the Age of Consent has been reached. When the child is removed from their parent's account, they will be considered a full access member and can then play the game with any social feature they want.

Thanks! I hope this was helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same issue. My son's account is set to closed. I have tried over and over to set it to limited but every time we go back to that screen it's reset back to closed. No error, no warning, etc. Sooo frustrated! We've been wanting to battle each over forever and are stymied at every turn.

Hi HellFireHD,

If you're still unable to adjust the settings when you read this, please send a ticket to the Support Team for detailed assistance. You can access the Support Portal to send a ticket if needed using the link in my signature.

Thanks!

Hey HellfireHD,

Your son is good to go!

BTW, I would suggest that this is likely a browser issue. You can try clearing your cache or using Firefox or Google Chrome if you experience further issues with it.

Thanks!

Archived