Sign in to follow this  
TPCi_Mathis

Official Bug Thread for Tournament Testing

TPCi_Mathis

Please use this thread to post any bugs that you discovered which are specific to the Tournaments feature.

Test #1: April 3rd from 12:00pm PDT to 2:00pm PDT

Test #2: April 8th from 8:00am PDT to 10:00am PDT

Please keep this thread on-topic by posting bugs on non-Tournament features (cards, Trade, Collection, Shop, etc.) in a separate topic.

Edited by Prof_Mathis

Klobasa

I noticed that some people didnt get any tickets at the start of the tournament on 3/4/2014, including me. relog didnt help. as the prizes are packs, i find it quite unfair. what is the problem? thanks.

Flaviux

Best update that can I remember, very good job.

Didn't encounter any big issues during the tournament.

There is just one thing that I don't know if was supposed to appear.

It said that trophies were received. Is there a place where we can visualize them? or weren't we supposed to receive trophies during the testing?

I would just like to understand that.

PP7

I list all the bugs I noticed:

-On the last tourney I didn't get the ticket reward only the boosters and the golden trophy

-On the last tourney aftet quarters the timer was set to 00:00 and all people's name in the tourney lobby became: " player name", luckily the tournament hasn't buged out and we could continoue although we had that visual bug.

- After you lose in tourney you can't quit because you don't get any prizes!!! I think that's a horrible idea I want to restart playing tournament not sitting in the tourney lobby for 30 mins( at least let us spectate the duels or something)

Well that's all for me other than that: IT IS AWESOME

a little suggestions: for the prizes let us have some variaty or the boosters( maybe we choose one) or xy packs and cards prices will drastically drop

But you were right Mathis the prizes are awesome :)

sactwu

One bug I noticed is that after winning the last tournament, I received 2 silver trophies and 2 booster packs instead of a gold trophy and 4 packs as expected. I've also seen other players mentioning the same in the chat lobby.

Still, the tournament mode is an awesome addition and running quite smoothly. I'm looking forward to further updates!

Brandabear600

pls run another test ASAP. this one went extremly well, i was very pleased. It was just a little short and many people missed out due to having it be at a specific time :)

thanks again by far the best feature added to the game thus far :D

FemBot

Here are the bugs I encountered during testing:

-On the last tourney aftet quarters the timer was set to 00:00 and all people's name in the tourney lobby became: " player name", luckily the tournament hasn't buged out and we could continoue although we had that visual bug.

^ Something similar to this. I lost my match, and was brought back to the tournament screen but all the names had changed to "player name" and the timer stayed at 00:00. I waited around 5 minutes but it did not change. I logged out and back in to see if it would refresh the results but then the game acted as if I was not currently in a tournament. I joined a new tournament, but eventually a popup displayed the results of the old one for me and returned my tournament tickets as expected. Only happened once of the three tournaments I participated in.

- It seems like players who leave cause the round to run down the timer, and the remaining players have to wait the maximum time for the next round. Not completely sure about this one though. One match timer ran down, the "winning" player was bumped up, but then I was immediately bumped to the next rank without battling, suggesting that the player had left at some point.

- Prizes were displayed as doubled once the tournament concluded. This included the trophies.

Overall the experience was great, just wanted to report these bugs as a note.

Brandabear600

the only time there was any discrepancy in the round clock was when they had closed the alpha test. All the remaining in progress tournaments were continuing and all that happened was the real-time link to the clock and the player ladder would not refresh except for once at the beginning of each round completion

Simply even after they closed the alpha the tournaments ran correctly they just simply did not update the info to the tournament page but everything was in fact being handled exactly how it was supposed to :)

ps TURN THE ALPHA BACK ON PLS lol like i said best thing you have added

Brandabear600

first theme tournament i entered i received all rewards except for the return of the 4 tickets and now i can no longer enter another tournament to keep testing

since i have been waiting for this test with great anticipation i would appreciate any immediate help i could receive

got kicked after relog tickets showed sry :) or thank you ..? ;)

Edited by Prof_Poplar
Merged post with official bug thread for tournaments.

Najito

Hola!

I faced a lil' bug today. In my 1st tourney, I won round one and proceeded to game 2 as expected. When I knocked out my opponent's 4th Pokemon, I got disconnected and was booted out of the client (my modem had to restart, hence the disconnection).

I reconnected to the internet and logged in again. The client immediately connected me to my battle where I left it except that it claimed a prize on my behalf. After my opponent had completed their turn, I knocked out their 5th Pokemon but this time, the battle froze. I checked my internet connection but it was fine this time. Moments later, I got booted form the client again. I re-logged in immediately but this time, I couldn't re-join the battle like the 1st time and consequently lost the battle and the tourney. :(

I did get an XY pack for winning round 1 but it was very unfortunate the way I lost considering I was one turn away from winning the battle.

That's all I have.

sorrwo

After winning first match, Max rounding time remaining goes 00:00 and don't proceeded

So i click quit tournament ,and max rounding time turns into 120:00 and quit tournament button turns into leave tournament.

(at this time tournament table updated like it ended normally)

i clicked leave tournament button, then i just lost my 4 tournament ticket and seems to be normal.

So i joined another tournament and when i win match, first step again. (max rounding time 00:00)

i don't know what bug is this but i feel sad about my tickets and packs.

i'm not good at english. i hope you can understand it.

(oh...... next match begins when i was writing this.... maybe it was just tournament table visual bugs)

sorrwo

++ i found reward came to me of first tournament normally.

now i'm sure it's just visual bug that i can't see other people progress while tournament.

i have a screenshot of bug screen. if you're interested it i can send you. this board is too uncomfortable.

Alexw289

The first batch of tournament testing was perfectly fine for me, however this second lot has been buggy. I'll take it tournament by tournament.

Tournament 1: I started round one fine, then as I was told to select my active pokemon, I got a screen with no cards, 00:00 in the background for both timers, with blank placeholder faces. This match timed out, treated me as if I'd won (I got my first win of the day bonus) however I did not continue in the tournament and it was treated as a loss.

Tournament 2: Problems in round one again, this time the program started to not respond (the first time the program has done this since I have installed on my new computer that I can recall), I don't know if it's related or not. Upon restarting the program I had been kicked out of the tournament.

Tournament 3: Went fine, although I did manage a 5x heads/1x tails coin flip, which was pretty unlikely, but still possible.

Tournament 4: Lost connection in-between the semi final and final. Had to restart the program multiple times before managing to connect again. Once I had connected, I saw the pre-match screen where it shows who has the advantage, however on proceeding it sent me back to the main tournament page, with the chat showing the 'Game Chat' and 'Game Log' headings, with lobby chat being there instead of game chat, and the game log being empty. Upon reloading the program, it did the same thing, the clock resetting to 30 minutes, but this time it said I won.

Overall I think the tournaments are a brilliant addition, and this testing phase is doing exactly what it is designed to do, iron out the problems and improve the user experience when playing the game! I am very impressed with it so far, despite the problems that have arisen.

stormesp

after losing in round 2 in my second tournament im stuck in this page....

what im supposed to do?

.... i cant post images .... im in the tournament screen with the timer at 00 and i cant see even the name of the players

elcoflake

test 2

well. I won my first battle in my first tournamente, but when the second fight start, i lose whitout playing and i lose my 4 tickets tournament... i dont be disconected, i dont know what happens

i win the corresponding expansion pack, but not the 4 tickets =/

bennimarru

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but once the tournament went live, the game booted me and I'm stuck at the authentication screen.

kaniff

hi, i lost my first match today in tourny and could not quit the tourny to start another so i closed the game now when i go to sign in either i get stuck at the authenticating screen or thrown back into same tourny but with no chat, it dosen't show who won or lost, still can't quit the tourny and the timer keeps getting reset to 30min, help i am losing out on packs

Alexw289

Even though this round seemed to encounter some problems and had to end early as a result, I'd just like to say that my games went without any problems!

rav

Well my opponent did not show up, so after 5 minutes I won the game. But the problem was that the Coin Option pop-ed and I couldn't Done the game, so I had to Logout and Login In again.

Edited by Prof_Poplar
Merged post with official bug reporting thread.

rav

I can't Quit the Tournament even if it's already done.

Edited by Prof_Poplar

LouisValentine

Well Alpha 1 and 2 went well and smoothly

But Alpha 3 unlimited went I join first it show me 1/8 then fly up to 78/8 continue increase 100/8.

Lastly drop back 78/8 and stuck for more then 10 min.

In the chat that people join the same game with me,

All having the same problem which a tournament with 8 player suddenly pop out 78 players.

And even 100/8. Then freeze ....

When I relog I cant see theres unlimited format in tournament mode :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit

now I'm in modified mode tournament.

Ive wait my opp for more then 5 min, he doesnt choose an active.

Already pass 5 min yet I dont get a win.

Another problem ? =.=

or i need wait fully 15min?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 2

so now my opponent are now time out 00.00

but nothing happen.

Game doesnt give me a win , and Im continue staring my opponent 00.00

so I concede, BUT magically my opponent won the game???

=.=

from 12 ticket now became 0(zero) ticket.......

Ouch...

Edited by LouisValentine
Update more details and bug

Escape27

I got stuck at a tournament waiting list, and never was able to get on. I closed the game (with task manager) so I could exit (I was stuck otherwise) and went back in. I either get stuck at the authenticating screen or the loading data from server screen. It has been almost 50 minutes and I cannot even access the game, let alone the tournaments. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and I am still having this issue. Someone else in the house tried to log on and they cannot get on either.

Oh, what happened to the poster above me happened to me too.

Edited by Escape27
more information

Forba

I didn't had much problems playing on unlimited, but in the end, although it was shown that I had won 3 packs (2 NV and 1 LTR) after losing on the semifinals (which is a bug for itself, i guess), they are not in my collection.

Also there was a delay on the beginning of the second round. Just about some 20 seconds, but there was.

terriermon1234

today i was second in tournament and not got any rewards

no tickets, no booster, no tokens...

can i get them if i contackt the support and how can i do it?

just have 4 tickets left, if i loose next time due to a bug again my tickets i cant play any tpournaments anmyore

Edited by Prof_Poplar

Escape27

I am not sure if this is relevant or not (I see you are doing server maintenance), but I reset my router and I at least got that the servers were down. That is farther than the software let me get before.

Sign in to follow this