Official Feedback Thread for 4/3/2014 Tournament Testing

TPCi_Mathis

The first test for the Tournaments feature is occurring on April 3rd, 2014, from 12:00pm PDT to 2:00pm PDT. Please use this thread to post any feedback that you have on the Tournaments feature.

Please keep this thread on-topic by posting feedback on non-Tournament features in a separate topic.

The Tournament Mode is awesome, especially the fact that you can use the trading system while waiting for the other games to end. At this moment there is nothing bad i can say about it.

I played on the "alpha" build of tournaments today and I liked what I saw/ played in. Provided below is my feedback and suggestions!

I loved the layout of the brackets--it looks really darn good. The Pokeball symbol in the background looks really cool and gives it a competitive atmosphere. As a suggestion, maybe other balls could be used in higher-tier tournaments. For example: depending on the prizes offered, bigger prizes in other tournaments can use higher-ranked balls, like, UltraBall, Great ball, Master Ball, etc. The "tournament complete" layout bracket looks fantastic! It really gives that competitive feeling--great job!

Time limit should should be tested further. But 15 minutes wasn't too bad. It made things play quickly and move along.

On the subject of keeping the tournament moving quickly, if the competitor knows who his next round opponent is (the players finished before the others), maybe the two matched players can start their game before the other assigned competitors complete their game.

Prizes to earn Championship Points would greatly increase attendance and be a huge driving force to play more PTCGO! I would love the opportunity to play from the comfort of my home and earn my invite to Worlds that way. I would be willing to pay to play in that online tournament any day!

Allow local venues to host their own tournaments with their own prizes online. This could be a nice way offer these venues a chance to make a profit while promoting PTCGO.

Great job so far and PTCGO is really coming along very well!

Simply put the BEST feature that has (at least partly) been added to this game.

PLEASE turn the alpha back on.

a few hours of testing doesn't seem like it's enough nor fair to the many people who could not try during the day

I had no problems everything worked great even in the closing tournies that were still in progress after you closed them out :)

PLEASE turn the alpha back on.

a few hours of testing doesn't seem like it's enough nor fair to the many people who could not try during the day

As mentioned in the March 2014 Community Update:

Our plan is to run the first set of events later this week, followed by additional tests over the course of the next several weeks. The results of each test period will impact the duration and frequency of following tests. The smoother things run, the more frequent and prolonged the test periods will become. While we’re optimistic that this will be the case, it is also possible that issues could arise during testing which require more time between testing periods, or abbreviated testing sessions.

Today wasn't the last alpha test that we'll be running for this feature. The results from today's test will play a significant role in determining when the next test will occur, and how long it will last.

Additionally, the tests won't always occur during the same time of day. We'll occasionally change the time of day that these tests occur to provide more players with an opportunity to test. For example, today's test fell smack-dab in the middle of the standard 9-to-5 work day for folks here in the US.

Don't worry. You'll see more Tournament testing soon! ;)

That was pretty awesome! I was sweating energy XD

So here's my feedback:

- It's great that you can do other things in the game while tournament is queuing. I really liked that feature.

- Everything is working pretty smoothly minus some funkiness, but I'll mention that in the bugs thread.

- Ranks progress correctly and visibly when each match ends, so you know when your opponent is ready.

- On the more constructive side, I'm a little concerned about the prizes being tradeable. While right now it doesn't make that big of a difference, if on-demand tournaments were to run 24/7 I could see a lot of abuse happening to obtain multitudes of packs. This could be offset by however tournament tickets will be obtained, of course, so you guys could already be on top of that ;D

- As other players have stated, it would be nice to be able to leave once you lose (or come in dead last like I did during one tourney lol) and still be able to obtain your ranked prizes.

Yay! So excited about how the tournaments are looking, great job!

Tournament Feed Back

Hi there, the tournament alpha is really awesome.

I've played 4 game yesterday everything went smoothly.

I'm glad that PTCGO finally make the tournament happening,

the prizes are great as well.

But then theres some suggestion I want to make.

-I hope that tournament can balance of some players, example people who is new nearly 99% can't win the the tourney due to the lack of cards. But player like me that have full collection will easy win the tournament because I have tier 1 to the lowest. Which seems unfair at a point.

-Can players create own tournament in the tournament mode? It will be great if that happen.

Some of us can put our own price pull to make the tournament better.

-8 players seems legit but I hope we can extend to maybe 32?

-Monitor gaming while waiting others to finish their round? This probably is the first thing I really want it to happen in PTCGO. Monitoring game is really great, just like du*ling network allow player to go in a game and watch the game :)

- Last but not least, PTCGO should make a ranking in tournament mode when it official out :)

Thank you for putting tournament mode for us to test.

I hope there more in the coming future :)

Also thank you for all the hard work even though PTCGO something give me a major headache.

Keep it up!! I'm really looking forward into PTCGO :)

I'm a little concerned about the prizes being tradeable.

stop trying to ruin the chance new players have to build up some cards and make the game accessible to them.

also i don't think raising the tournament entry limit is wise i would rather not have to wait hours and hours and hours for 1 tournament to finish especially if/when you go out early

I wasn't able to participate in this test run, but that doesn't mean I can't give feedback:

- I'd like to see many different types of tournaments. Not just Modified and Unlimited, but also: Theme Deck (choose from Theme Decks you own), Sealed Deck (get a random theme deck to use, fo the tournament only), Sealed AI Deck (get a random AI deck to use, for the tournament only), Sealed Booster (build a deck from a certain amount of boosters +unlimited basic energies for the tournament only. Though I'm of course well aware this would be tough to implement), Limited (use a deck that follows certain rules, like "no Pokemon cards other than Fire Pokemon cards"). And perhaps other fun modes as well!

Archived