5 mins Reconnection Time - Punishment to Players

nwc

Personally I feel that 5 minutes for a disconnected person to reconnect to the game is way too long.

Because there is always people who are too "scared" to admit defeat and end up disconnecting the game and we are forced to wait for 5 mins and couldn't even concede the game ourselves.....since there are some "not-too-matured" players in the game, I would suggest that the re-connection time should be around 2 minutes to prevent exploitation.

Thank you.

sorry being a person that frequently disconnects I really need those 5 minutes to get back into my game. often when I disconnect from the game now it puts me back in the login page, and occasionally if i'm lucky I log back in and I get reconnected and all is well iwthin 2 minutes.

but there are occasions when I do log in and the game does not reconnect me, and I try to start a new versus match and it just fails. when that happends I need to close the game and reopen the game, do the refresher check, reconnect with server, get to login page, login and then reconnect to my match. if that happens I definitely can't do it in 2 minutes.

if the person does decide not to reconnect I don't think it would be called "exploitation", technically that person gains nothing from doing this. he either gets or doesn't get the token based on how long he lasted in the game for, disconnecting and not reconnecting still gives him a loss on his w/l record anyways.

Yup....it gv him a lost but at the same time gv the winner a 5 mins penalty without being able to do anything....it had happened like 3-4 times for me after the update...it is quite frustrated when u r about to take the last prize and it end up "disconnected".....i would rather concede it myself (but I can't) even it counted a lost for me.....lol

This feature is only supposed to be implemented for Tournament mode. It is not intended for Versus mode matches. We've notified the team and they're investigating options for fixing this issue in the near future.

thank you very much tired of players rage quitting when they are about to lose by disconnecting so i have to wait 5 minutes to win.

This feature is only supposed to be implemented for Tournament mode. It is not intended for Versus mode matches. We've notified the team and they're investigating options for fixing this issue in the near future.

Yea abusbeable.

The Time of Returning from Disconnection should be at least 3 Minutes and user may not disconnect again will result in DQ.

I agree. 5 minutes is too long--even for tournaments. Rage disconnectors will behave similarly in tournament mode.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you are a player who gets disconnected frequently, that is your problem. Why should the rest of us suffer?

Considering the client is still pretty prone to crashes every now and then (at least on my Windows 8 machine) it's nice to have 5 minutes to reconnect to an important match when it takes about 3-4 minutes to open the client, log in, and actually load into the game. Of course it doesn't really matter for normal matches but a lack of reconnection feature for tournament play would be a travesty. I'm not going to drop a game just because the client misbehaved and imploded.

This feature is only supposed to be implemented for Tournament mode. It is not intended for Versus mode matches.

Why not?

Considering that a player already has 2 minutes before the game considers him idle and gives him a loss, if he disconnects and reconnects within that time period, he should be returned to the game.

I have encountered this twice in versus mode matches and was very happy to see it (it told me I had 2 minutes to reconnect, and I did successfully and completed my games without further incident). I happen to have connection issues sometimes, and this inflates the loss count on my decks, so I have to estimate on what their actual win rates are.

Now this improvement to the game should be removed? ... Please reconsider that.

I do support it being 2 minutes for versus mode though, and not 5. For tournament mode, 5 seems reasonable.

Guest Kremkroc
Why not?

Considering that a player already has 2 minutes before the game considers him idle and gives him a loss, if he disconnects and reconnects within that time period, he should be returned to the game.

I have encountered this twice in versus mode matches and was very happy to see it (it told me I had 2 minutes to reconnect, and I did successfully and completed my games without further incident). I happen to have connection issues sometimes, and this inflates the loss count on my decks, so I have to estimate on what their actual win rates are.

Now this improvement to the game should be removed? ... Please reconsider that.

I do support it being 2 minutes for versus mode though, and not 5. For tournament mode, 5 seems reasonable.

My full support to Apophys.

I agree that being forced to wait 5 minutes for someone to return is aggravating, though I think it should be an option. At the bottom of the "Disconnection!" screen there ought tom be an "End Match" button for those who do not wish to wait in a VS match.

Archived