frequent disconnects

chronophysicist

lately I feel the game disconnects a lot more often than before for me ever since the change to the new interface, I'm wondering if there's some new settings made during the update that causes the game to disconnect more easily

Hello Chronophysicist,

If you haven't already, please try locating your Pokémon TCG Online folder and launching the refresher.exe file. This should prompt the refresher to load properly so you can access the game! If this isn't the case, please try fully uninstalling the game, taking care to remove all related files and folders from your computer, and downloading the latest version of the installer via the Download link on the Pokémon TCG Online homepage.

If you still aren't able to access the game after trying these fixes, the best course of action would be to submit a ticket to the support team for further assistance. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question". Please add as much information as possible, including a summary of your system specs (obtainable via DxDiag for Windows or the System Profiler for Mac).

Good luck, and thanks for your patience!

sorry I guess the prefix can make it a bit confusing, as there was no appropriate prefix for my situation.

I have no issues with connecting and getting into the game, the issue is that I seem to disconnect very frequently. I can't play a single match without disconnecting at least once.

I'm certain my internet connection isn't crappy either, it downloads most other files fine and streams video just fine.

what I am suspecting is that because I am on a wifi connection i think occasional interferences may cause my connection to deteriorate for a second or so and i think the game is registering that as a complete disconnection. I'm wondering if the recent update has made changes where the game just registers even 1 second disconnects as permanent disconnections and does not bother to reconnect at all.

Archived