Can someone judge my Diamond Team?

Larxa

this is my team in diamond for the Elite Four. Let me know what you think.

Torterra: Wood Hammer, razor leaf, earthquake, crunch

Luxray: Thunder, Crunch, Thunder Fang, Swagger

Togekiss: Fly, Air Slash, Extremespeed, Metronome

Empoleon: Surf, Iron Tail, Swords Dance, Drill Peck

Infernape: Close Cambat, Flare Blitz, Brick Break, Flamethrower

Alakazam: Psychic, Future Sight, Recover, Shadow Ball

Hmm...

It's an overall good team, and I like how you have all the Sinnoh starters' final forms. However, there are some things that could be improved:

1) Thunder is SUPER inaccurate, so I recommend either replacing it with Thunderbolt, or get rid of Swagger for Rain Dance, which gives Thunder 100% accuracy.

2) A lot of your Pokemon have more than one offensive moves of the same type. It's good for some (like Close Combat and Brick Break, so that you have a strong move and can use the other if you don't want to be losing stats all the time), but others, such as Wood Hammer with the very much inferior Razor Leaf, aren't too good. Consider replacing it with Stone Edge, taking out those 4x super effective Ice-types.

3) Togekiss is mostly a special attacker, and you only have one attack that isn't physical (Air Slash), so consider getting rid of, say, Extremespeed, and replacing it with a special move like Aura Sphere (which it can learn via Move Relearner), which is also handy for taking out Rock-types.

4) Consider the weaknesses of your Pokemon, and which moves they can learn to counter them. Like, Alakazam could really use Focus Blast instead of Future Sight, which can take down those annoying Dark and Steel-types, as well as take advantage of Alakazam's amazing special attack.

5) This kind of goes with the above. Notice how Infernape only knows moves of its own type. It's smart to teach it other typed-moves, too. Grass Knot is a superb move for it, considering that it takes down almost all of the types that it's weak to. And, if you want, you can have it know Punishment, as well, which can take down Psychic-types; another type that it's weak to.

Sorry about my ramblings on the nitpicky problems, but, you know... embarassed_smile.png

Your team overall is fine and if you have enough determination you will when

I had a Torterra Rapidash Lumenion Crobat Mr Mime and Chatot with horrible moves but i still woncool_smile.png

Well, I'm also looking at it from a player-versus-player standpoint, where things start to get a bit tougher. wink_smile.png

NintenDuck, thanks for your very detailed response!! It helps a lot! You see, I wanted my Togekiss to learn aura sphere, but I thought extremespeed was better. It's not. Togekiss has the ability Hustle, and misses alot. Would you know by any chance how much PP aura sphere has?

Anyway, Alakazam with Recover is relatively useless since it'll probably be taking more than 50% damage a turn anyway, due to its awful defenses.

Nintenduck, suggesting Rain Dance on Luxray is bad tactics, since Rain Dance doesn't benefit the team in any particular way and it nerfs Infernape.

A Swords Dance Empoleon should have Waterfall over Surf, although it really shouldn't exist in the first place since Iron Tail is a terrible steel STAB due to its accuracy problems.

Your team has a massive Earthquake problem, and Togekiss should not have Fly or Metronome, competitively. I highly suggest giving Togekiss Thunder-Wave since your team is generally slow (Empoleon, Togekiss, Torterra, Luxray) and your team really does need status moves to spread around.

Also your Luxray should have Ice Fang over Thunder and Superpower over Crunch for perfect coverage. And Spark is better than Thunder Fang, in my opinion, due to the paralysis chance and Luxray being a bit slow. It's pretty bad competitively either way, though.

Infernape should have Thunder Punch over Brick Break and something coverageful over Flamethrower.

Well, I was just giving a suggestion! And, besides, Thunder Fang has a chance of paralysis, too, you know, unless you were suggesting something with a higher chance of paralyzing. And maybe, if Iron Tail wouldn't be too good, you could have Flash Cannon instead, if you don't want Swords Dance. If you DO want it, however, consider replacing it with Steel Wing. I completely forgot about Empoleon being able to learn that in my first "tip list"

Well, I was just giving a suggestion! And, besides, Thunder Fang has a chance of paralysis, too, you know, unless you were suggesting something with a higher chance of paralyzing. And maybe, if Iron Tail wouldn't be too good, you could have Flash Cannon instead, if you don't want Swords Dance. If you DO want it, however, consider replacing it with Steel Wing. I completely forgot about Empoleon being able to learn that in my first "tip list"

You might as well ought to use another Pokémon if you want SD Empoleon. Steel Wing is really weak and still inaccurate. Steel in general is a poor offensive type, since it's SE only on Rock and Ice. Rock is covered by your water attack and ice-types have no business against Empoleon to begin with.

Spark has a 30% chance of paralysis AND 100% accuracy AND 65 base power, the same as T-Fang with only 95% accuracy, 10% paralyze and 10% flinch. Of course, if you go to 5th gen you can give Lxuray Wild Charge.

Archived