Linux Version?

CyTails

Hello There

I recently switched to Kubuntu 12.04 LTS due to Windows XP support ending on April 8th and I was wondering for when they'll be support for Linux with PTCGO anytime soon? :) (and yes I tried "that Windows API" to run PTCGO, but the video lag is unbearable and there are graphical glitches on just the main menu itself)

I think this is a great idea as Linux is a great OS! However, Cytails, in the meantime, try buying an OEM version of Windows 7--they are very affortable

I think this is a great idea as Linux is a great OS! However, Cytails, in the meantime, try buying an OEM version of Windows 7--they are very affortable

That's the thing, I don't have the extra money to get 7 at the moment, so that's why I'm sticking with Linux :)

UPDATE: I missed PTCGO so much that I switched back to XP using the OEM Disc I got from Dell and installed Zonealarm to help even without the XP Support from Microsoft

Hey CYTAILS,

Thanks for the suggestion! The team loves hearing ideas from players so I'll pass this info along for review. I'll leave the thread open for discussion with other players in the meantime.

Hi CyTails!

While we don't have any information regarding Linux compatibility at the present moment, we do encourage you to keep checking back for updates! The Dev team is definitely aware of this desire from the community. :)

As always, we appreciate your input!

• 7 months later...

Current game version released on Nov. 5, 2014 works fine under **** (that program for running windows apps) in Linux Mint 17 64-bit. There were some crashes during first start but it's fully functional now. Since Unity game engine is cross-platform it will be better to have native Linux version but current situation is better then nothing.

BTW I have 3 crash reports from the game's first start under Linux. Should I upload them somewhere in order to give them to developers?

Hello trainers!

In order to maintain organization and prevent confusion within the forums, posting in threads that have been inactive for more than 14 days is not permitted. As such, I'll be closing this thread.

If you need technical support for any issue, please feel free to create a thread in the Technical Support subforum or submit a support ticket via the link in my signature. :)

Thanks for your understanding!

Archived