Need help with VirGen Deck

FCMbrah

sup

i wanna build a VirGen-Deck but i can't really find a good decklist online which includes stuff like muscle band and so on. i saw many versions running stuff like lugia ex, bouffalant, leafeon or driftblim. even there were some different ace specs used but im planning to use g-booster for sure.

would be amazing if u can give me some ideas what cards i should run and how a decent decklist looks like for this archetype.

you're not supposed to need uscle band, genesect was designed to be good because of gbooster which gives it 1hitKO ability, might change now that megas are out, can't really attach muscle band and g booster on genesect unfortunately, an even if you could it still isn't a OHKO on megas

some varations of virgen that I've used:

virizion/genesect/mewtwo/bouffalant- technically would not call it a virgen deck since mewtwo tends to be the main attacker, thought g booster is still the ace spec of choice

virizion/genesect/deoxys/bouffalant - has been quite useful because with plasma badge virizion can chrage genesect on turn one while also softening up opponent for 2 turn knockout with megalocannon

virizion/genesect/drifblim/tropius - was probabaly one of the earlier iterations of the vir/gen decks which targeted the plasma decks which were still a lot more popular back then

Muscle Band is actually a great improvement for VirGen. One of it's main problems in the past was it's stale damage output. It could be solved by playing Laser + Virbank however playing that would make the mirror match quite a bit worse and also scrap the option of playing Skyarrow Bridge. Another method was to play Plasma Badge + Deoxys EX which could even allow a turn 1 Emerald Slash (before the rule changes) this variant was very inconsistent but amazing when it actually worked.

Making Emerald Slash hit for 70 instead of 50 is a pretty big deal. It allows for 1HKO's on weak basics as well as setting up 1HKO's on big EXs.

Another problem for VirGen been the lack of a good Non-EX attacker. Which you definitely want to play in a deck like this to force a 7th price and arguably deal better with Safeguard users since G Booster is not always a reliable method.

Bouffalant was one of the best options, but it could be rather clunky with it's 2 retreat cost since VirGen works great under Skyarrow Bridge otherwise.

A new card from XY that actually fits pretty nicely with Muscle Band VirGen is Furfrou. It has only a 1 retreat cost as well as being able to hit for a solid 100 damage with muscle band which allows it to 1HKO any Safeguard pokémon as well as 2HKO any EX pokémon (except megas ofc).

Here is the VirGen Muscle Band list I'm currently using:

Pokémon (9):

4x Virizion EX - Still a fan of 4 since I would preferably start with it, but it can clog up your hands later in the game

3x Genesect EX

1x Furfrou

1x Mewtwo EX - Works well with DCE and is a nice secondary attacker, especially if the opponent is running anti-plasma cards.

Trainers (37):

4x Colress Machine - A lot of mixed opinions about playing 4 of this card. It allows you to consistently get a turn 2 Megalo Cannon or using G Booster several turns in a row. In this pure VirGen variant I find this energy acceleration very useful.

2x Energy Switch

1x Hypnotoxic Laser - This should be featured in more decks! Surprise extra 10/30 damage is great in a lot of situations. Another target for Shadow Triad.

1x Professor Letter

2x Super Rod - Energy is used up very quickly in this deck, makes playing Ultra Ball/Juniper less painful.

2x Tool Scrapper

3x Ultra Ball

4x N

4x Juniper

4x Skyla

2x Shauna

2x Shadow Triad

2x Skyarrow Bridge

1x Tropical Beach - A nice option when you play Skyla, especially turn 1. By no means a necessary card in this deck.

1x G Booster

2x Muscle Band

Energy (14):

8x Grass Energy

4x Plasma Energy

2x Double Colorless Energy - Worth noting that this can be quite nuts with G Booster

Another variant which has gained quite a bit of popularity with the return of Energy Switch is VirGen Ho-Oh. It sacrifices consistency for a strong surprise factor which could power up all kinds of attackers in a single turn.

Example list:

Pokémon (11):

3x Virizion EX

3x Genesect EX

2x Ho-Oh EX

1x Deoxys EX

1x Giratina EX - Actually works against Black Kyurem EX, Rayquaza EX, Latias EX and Safeguarders.

1x Suicune

Trainers (34):

1x Colress Machine

4x Energy Switch

1x Professor's Letter

1x Super Rod

2x Switch

2x Tool Scrapper

4x Ultra Ball

4x N

4x Juniper

4x Skyla

2x Shauna

1x Shadow Triad

1x Tropical Beach

1x G Booster

2x Muscle Band

Energy (15):

7x Grass Energy

2x Psychic Energy

1x Water Energy

1x Fighting Energy

4x Plasma Energy

i tried the first variant and i liked it. maybe i will try some other versions like lugia and driftblim aswell.

i dont think if a ho-oh variant is something for me or if im good at playing some kind of those decks.

um I was wondering if you can help me get pokemon trainer card game online to work it said could not connect to server and saying update

Archived