Gems Price

Keyser7

Hi

I live in France and we don't have Gems for the moment. But do you know how many USD or CAD cost to buy 1 virtual booster ?

Regards

I find the gems prices to be ridiculous, to be honest. You're better off buying booster packs in RL and just redeem the codes.

boosters IRL in canada are 8 dollars, the gems are fair prices for canadians which is why its only availible for canadian players at the moment. For 25 dollars worth of gems you can buy 6 packs compared to 3 IRL.

boosters IRL in canada are 8 dollars, the gems are fair prices for canadians which is why its only availible for canadian players at the moment. For 25 dollars worth of gems you can buy 6 packs compared to 3 IRL.

Where do you buy your boosters? $8 is a terrible price and can get it for less at walmart or even a game store. Not trying to argue but $8 is waaay to high. For the record I am Canadian. :)

And I agree to buy the online boosters are expensive the darkrai and giratina promos where nice, even the vivid deck box's and sleeves are pretty cool. I have bought the sleeves and deck box's.

Also the more you buy in gems the better the bonus gems are. $50 and $100 dollar buys are the best for your buck.

Oh.Makes more sense.they technically are getting a deal:2 boosters for the price of 1.

No, they're not 8$ each in Canada. They're 4-5$ depending where you buy them. Regardless, they're still over-priced in the gem store either way. Everyone who plays this game knows you can buy codes online for usually under a dollar a pack. If they charged close to a dollar each for a pack (Maybe 2$ for the brand new packs) everyone would switch over to the in-game store to support Pokemon instead of random sites. A dollar doesn't sound much theoretically, but think about the money they'd make by taking business away from websites. That's a huge price drop, but it is just digital afterall.

It also wouldn't stop me from buying packs in real life either. I like to own physical and digital. Nintendo wins no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...

i live in Mississauga, Ontario and all the local Walmart stores carry the cards. they have pokemon, magic the gathering and other tcg games. i think the boosters go for $4.79 each.

TBH, I think the price is way too high. I'm sure most people who play the game know you can buy Codes on the internet for probably 50 cents or less (Regardless if that is allowed or not, I don't actually know). I don't think that you guys are going to be making much when they are $4 a pack. If the price was probably around $1 like Whimsicalnikki said, then I'm sure most people would start buying the ones off the game, giving more money to the developers. Currently, given that people buy these codes off of the internet, there is none of that money going back to the developers. Wouldn't you much rather have even a small amount of money for these online packs? A little money is better than none in this case. Plus, if the majority of users buy their boosters in-game (which is far more reliable/safe etc...), then you are getting A considerably large amount of money given the fact you have so many users buying these cheap packs (plus there is no fee for actually making the cards physically given it is virtual, so you are making a large profit in reality).

Overall, if that really is the price for packs currently, it is way too overpriced for users to buy gems over physical codes through the internet. Most people would end up avoiding buying them directly through the game aside from those who either don't care, or don't know about the inexpensiveness of the codes that you can purchase through the internet (Which would probably only be those who are new to the game).

Archived