February 2014 Community Update - Discussion Thread

TPCi_Mathis

Excited for the update! :D

Will we be able to purchase Tournament Tickets from the Shop in case we participate in 10 tournaments and win nothing? :P

Another question is: Are we going to be able to search for a player's name when attempting a private trade? It was a great feature - not sure why the Devs removed it. :(

Sounds fun, but currently about 1/3 of my matches end with one of the players freezing up. Will all of the kinks (game crashes and card bugs) be ironed out before implementing tournament play? Prior to the format change, everything was running very smoothly--I almost never locked up during a match.

It sounds like all of the bugs we reported from this last release aren't going to be fixed till this next update at the END of March??.. So we have to go another month with the problems already reported?

Awesome! Can't wait for the tournaments to begin, cause I'm not going down without a fight! :)

Seriously though, I'm like Ash when it comes to battles. Critical hits and lucky coin tosses for the win!

Tourneys whoopee! bout time we get 2 truly challenge our skills online! Also so ur goin 2 add community feedback 2 the game, does this mean my idea "15th Anniversity Edition of the Original Cards" comin true?!

I am almost done with playing this game online!!! There are so many bugs that you have to be aware of/work around since this last release that it isn't worth playing anymore... I know you said that you will address them with the next release at the END of this month... Why so long between updates? Especially since some of these bugs are creating so much havoc??.. Can we be assured that all of the bugs cataloged will even be fixed? Or will only some of them be fixed and we will have to wait another month and a half to get others fixed?? Not to mention the new ones that will be created with the new release... That is why I am so frustrated right now... Pokemon has the money, why aren't they investing it in getting this part of the game world fixed??!!!!

Sorry for the rant but I am frustrated and all i see from moderators is that "we will look into it"... and now i will probably get banned for voicing my frustration... oh well..

honestly, im a bit hesitant about the whole ticket idea. and quite frankly i think a system of skill levels needs to be implemented so no one is overmatched ever. Just a thought. Ive won and lost some pretty lopsided and unfair games on my time here, i think thats gonna be a big issue with tournaments. Also, the fact that once your tickets are gone, youre gonna be in effect unable to participate. Maybe give out tickets along with coins as a login bonus? That will keep people playing, i think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Can I expect tournament feature to be rekeased this week? :P I've been really waiting for a long time for this xD I really like tournaments in every game :D

Normally they let us know what is going to be done with an update AFTER the update... I guess we will see what they break, uh, i mean install today in about 10 hours..

Very impressed with the new update. Didn't know it was happening tonight, but I have to give Mike and the devs a ton of credit. Good music, the new animations are much-improved (coin toss, turn indicators, etc.), and the scrolling functions they added back into the game remind me of the good old days when it was flash-based (love how searching through a deck is back to the old side-scrolling, as opposed to vertical scrolling).

Still unsure of the battle mechanics bugs, since I haven't played a ton of battles yet, but overall... very impressed.

Gotta give this update a 9/10 so far. It was a much-needed one! :D

Haven't they??? I went in to try and see if they had added the promo tin Yeveltal EX to the game and all of the Yveltals I had were showing 0. This was the same for the promo packs I received as login bonus... We waited two months and this is what we get???? geez....

Archived