Tcgo ranking system

NeilK

So, Ive been noticing the tourney setups and all the threads with tournaments and I decided that Im going to begin ranking players by their performance in Micah's, Cbat's and later on Najito's weekly tournaments. The way its going to work is youre going to play in these tournaments and your results will be posted by the respective tournament host. Once the top finishers are posted, each result will be converted into ranking points for your overall position. The person with the most points will be top ranked in the Pokemon TCGO, and the rankings will be updated monthly. So i encourage all of your participation, and wish you all good luck in your upcoming events =)

INITIAL RANKING- March 2014

Will you rank by win % or just total points? I think one is a better indicator of "better ranked" than the other. Just because someone (a somewhat decent/average player) could spam and be in every single tournament, and accumulate a lot of points that way, whereas a great player who only plays in a few wouldn't have as many points but in reality be a much better player, if that makes sense. It seems the more accurate the rankings are (instead of being padded) might be a good suggestion, but this is just a suggestion for a more accurate representation of who are the "better ranked players", no offense! :)

Archived