Question on Posting External Links on Forum

Najito

I realize this is neither feedback nor a suggestion, but I honestly didn't think of a more appropriate section to post this topic. My apologies!

So, I'm currently hosting a tournament for the community. You can find its thread in the PvP section. It's a single-elimination tournament that progresses throughout the next couple of weeks, so I wanted to use Challonge, a website that generates brackets for tournaments that many TOs use in other games, and post a live bracket image in the original post of the thread.

However, I later learned that posting external links is not permitted here. While I completely understand the reasons behind that rule, can't there be at least an exception for such matters? I'm only asking because it will make it so much easier for the participants and the hosts to keep events organized.

[Edited: Any community member who wishes to discuss or refute a disciplinary action that has been applied to his or her account must submit a ticket via the Pokémon Support Portal. Discussion of disciplinary actions is not permitted on the forums.]

Much appreciation to you for your work!

Najito,

Hi Najito,

Any community member who wishes to discuss or refute a disciplinary action that has been applied to his or her account must submit a ticket via the Pokémon Support Portal. Discussion of disciplinary actions is not permitted on the forums. Please click on the link my signature if you wish to submit a ticket.

Thanks!

Hi Najito,

While we fully understand your good intentions, and love to see players such as yourself take an active role in the community, we cannot break the rules and regulations. Perhaps in the future exceptions with good intentions, such as your own, will be permitted. Unfortunately, we can't permit it at this time.

Sorry and best of luck with the tournament!

Archived