Do you have the skills to be..

Cbatfanatiq

#1!?

LEAGUE THREAD HAS BEEN CREATED

See "Becoming Ash: Kanto"

anywho.

So, trying to become a more active part of this community I would like to start my own league.

I understand that there are some successful tournaments/leagues currently.

No reason there cant be more.

Below is just separate thoughts on how I may run things. ( I should be writing down on paper )

With that said, Im looking for Gym leaders.

Im basing this league very much on the videogame series.

This is just chicken scratch to inform people of what I have planned.

I am a very ambitious person and I will make this succeed.

gym leaders and their decks will be affiliated to that of the games.

Ex: Brock-rock/ground (So expect some type of landorus based deck)

Gym leaders will have to stick to the respective gyms type.

No teched in keldeos/electrodes/delphox etc in rock/ground.

However, I will allow Kogas gym to run both psychic and Grass

Giovanni will be rock/ground/Mewtwo

I am going to add a "rival" system which I think will set my league apart.

Im prolly going to have a small group of participants to run a "beta"

rival will show up where he does in the story.

I have some very interesting ideas for Rivals.

I encourage people to look through the current leagues and try them out as well.

I guess I can list the gym leaders and do that whole ordeal through this before I make a thread for the actual league.

Brock- Open

Misty- Filled

Lt. Surge- Filled

Erika- Open

Koga- Filled

Sabrina- Filled

Blaine- Open

Giovanni- Open

Rival #3- Open

Rival #4- Open

Rival #5- Open

While Id like to have established players be my gym leaders. I dont feel Ive earned that. so

what it will take to be a gym leader

1. Understanding of the game
  2. Online etiquette
  3. Plethora of cards (Because you will need to be diverse in making decks)
  4. you will need to play me in a BO3
  5. Must understand how to interact in the forums (if you are reading this, good job)

Things of noteworthiness:

Will be modified.

If this league goes well, which it will. I will add the other generations.

there will be prizes. (something like SR cards for beating the league)

There will be a limit on how many participants are in the league at a time. (not taking sign ups yet.)

The prize will change when one person wins it.

If you beat the league you are done until the next league is created. no double dipping.

forgot to mention. no Fairy/dark/metal in the first league (cuz duh.)

You wont be able to change decks once you start (will probably change with limitations)

Gym leaders decks can change ( I have an Idea on rulings for this, and I will make sure you already know their deck recipes)

So yea, I will make the actual thread for the league sometime soon.

I will be adding to this scribble so everyone can see my thought process in action.

If you gotz what it takez to rock the gym leader status, you can find me in a lobby or just comment in the thread.

I realize I have very little concrete information on the actual league. but the concepts there.

Good luck with your league, if u want some tips and advices come check out our battle frontier topic to get some ideas on how to set it up. Feek free to add me ****** if u need any help organising such a big scale thing (I know out of first hand that this is pretty time consuming).

Good luck with your league, if u want some tips and advices come check out our battle frontier topic to get some ideas on how to set it up. Feek free to add me ****** if u need any help organising such a big scale thing (I know out of first hand that this is pretty time consuming).

appreciate it. I do have a question. How did you go about selecting your leaders?

I like this idea and I'll be following this closely. Also, while I'm not an "established" player, I think I might get there at some point in time (it would probably take a while). In the meanwhile, though, this is just to say good luck! Keep it up with your ambitious plans! (Sorry about not having added anything constructive.)

appreciate it. I do have a question. How did you go about selecting your leaders?

Most of my team i met online during play, but half of us originated from a earlier Trading Card League. The new guys were picked on how they interacted in public, play their games and their general "adult" approach.

A question.

Since the deck should be based on the games could I use pokémon that have other types in the TCG?

For example if I'm making a Brock deck could I use Quagsire PF because it's Water/Ground in the videogame?

WE are filled up. Friend me on the client and I may can give you a role. also. As long the card has a fighting type energy in the corner. you good. (But Im brock ^_^) -_- <- see

"Becoming Ash: Kanto" is the leagues thread. any further comments, please visit that thread.

WE are filled up. Friend me on the client and I may can give you a role. also. As long the card has a fighting type energy in the corner. you good. (But Im brock ^_^) -_- <- see

"Becoming Ash: Kanto" is the leagues thread. any further comments, please visit that thread.

I just noticed that you have already gotten started! xD

I will make sure to friend you for that potential spot.

Quagsire from Plasma Freeze is a water type in the TCG so I'm guessing it wouldn't be allowed in a Brock deck?

While any modified Fighting type card such as Machamp would? (just asking these questions for reference)

Archived