Big Basics still playable?

FCMbrah

After i came back after a short break from PTCGO the XY cards were released and I updated most of my decks, which are still playable with some additions.

I wondered what happened to the Big Basic Decks with Boufa, Mewtwo EX, Landorus EX, Garbodor and Tornadus EX..is this deck still competitive or what cards are this archetype currently running? I remembered when plasma Kyurem etc came out this deck got a bit weaker.

Would be amazing if there is someone who can explain me what happened or which cards should i run to make this deck playable in the current metagame.

i think big basics are still prominent to some extent, I guess the main thing that needs to be added now is virizion ex and I think tornadus and landorus probably don't pack as much anymore. also not sure if garbodor will still work well if u want virizion ex there. I think also people would play lugia now and use virizion and dce to power up either one of the attackers

thanks for your post. yea virizion ex makes sense to use in this kind of decks. i think i read something like dialga ex is playable in big basic decks aswell or ho-oh or maybe this just another archetype. Does anyone has a good line up for a current big basic deck? Also feel free to post what you think about Big basic nowadays aswell.

Generally Big Basics is known for being a deck with Mewtwo EX + Landorus EX as the core.

If you take out either of them entirely from the deck I don't know if it can be called Big Basics anymore. Virizion Mewtwo for example being a deck on it's own.

Unfortunately this deck has had a lot working against it for the last couple of sets. First the TP Kyurem, the catcher change, no attacking turn 1 and now the Fighting resistant Yveltal EX.

This deck did however gain Muscle Band, with it + Garbodor + Laser + Virbank you're adding 50 extra damage to your attacks with items alone.

Though it can be difficult to find a good reason to play this over a Yveltal EX + Garbodor variant. However with more people preparing against that deck it might still be worth a shot to play this deck in tournaments instead.

When it comes to playing under Ability-lock it's still one of the best options around.

Archived