delay in notice about mulligan causes skip turn

ianthegamer

I played a player that went through a few mulligans. after setup and his turn one it was my turn one. On my turn one the pop up shows he mulligan and has no basic pokemon. Keep in mind this was already known and we are now playing. I hit okay and it instantly skips my turn 1 and on to his turn two

Hello ianthegamer,

We have been unable to reproduce this issue. If you continue to experience it, it may help to grab a fresh re-installation of the game. To do so, please fully uninstall the game, taking care to remove all related files and folders from your computer, and download the latest version of the installer.

If you experience this issue again and have any more information, please let us know here or submit a ticket to the support team via the link in my signature.

Thanks for your patience!

I've also experienced this glitch. Some details:

Opponent went first (He is Turn #1 and all odd # turns). I am second (I am Turn #2 and all even # turns).

He had multiple mulligans.

The first mulligan showed up normally (I saw his 7 cards without a basic). The 2nd mulligan did not show up until the start of my turn (Turn #2).

At this point, i click "OK" to remove the dialog box only to find that my turn (Turn #2) has already ended and he is playing his turn (Turn #3).

Notes:

1. I don't remember how the coin flips played out (or if the coin flips have anything to do with the glitch).

2. This has not been a problem when the opponent only has one mulligan.

A simple fix I have found is to press show playmat. This allows you to take your turn as normal. I have run into this glitch several times. It has also happened when an opponent has used any card that brings up a screen revealing cards from their hand or deck and then ending their turn. In these instances if you press okay you will forfeit your turn as well.

Hey Alexander1317! Thank you for posting that helpful tidbit!

AnyRandomName, thanks for providing additional information, it's much appreciated!

No problem. I do have experience in programming. While I don't know the exact line of code (or programming language) being used, I think I know where the bug is originating.

The dialog boxes use a timer in order to auto-close the box. For example, the code gives the user about 20 seconds to click "OK" or it automatically closes the box in the place of the user. Instead of instantly loading the next dialog box (which would show the opponent's 2nd mulligan) when the user closes out of the 1st dialog box, the code doesn't load (show) the 2nd dialog box until the timer for auto-close runs out. By this time, it is the 2nd player's turn, and when "OK" is clicked for the 2nd dialog box, it seems to execute the "end player's turn" command in the code.

Hope this helps.

Additional comments on related issue:

Bugs like these are a good reason why the chat box should be included on the playmat screen. It infuriates me when my opponent plays their first turn, my 2nd turn gets erased because of the bug, and they proceed with their 3rd turn like nothing went wrong. "Oh wow, I just had a great 1st turn, my opponent did absolutely nothing, and now it's my turn again. Let's go for the kill and end this game now!" If the chat box was permanently embedded on the play screen instead of windowed out of sight, my opponent could actually see the chat box and read that it cheated me out of my 2nd turn. And maybe, just maybe, they might show some "common courtesy/spirit of fair play" and end their turn without doing anything either.

I actually like the chat box being window-off for the lobby, but for the game, it should be permanently on-screen and visible to both players.

I mostly agree with your comment about the chat window, mostly because there's no notification that your opponent is trying to communicate with you. While moving it from the bottom to the top was a good idea (that way it doesn't get in the way of viewing your cards), the fact that they made it so big and that it starts off hidden make it a huge step backwards. They should keep its upper screen position, reduce the size of it (to about how it used to be), and have it start off open, only closing upon user request (like when you get tired of your opponent's trash talk.)

Hello trainers!

I'll be submitting your feedback for review and forwarding this bug to the Dev team for investigation. Thanks for the extra information and your input!

Closing this thread now. Please feel free to create a new thread or contact support via the link in my signature if you have any more bugs to report.

Archived