Not sure where to ask this

okadante

But I havent played tcgo in quite a while and I wondering what has changed?Can you buy codes to purchase boosters without purchasing actual cards.Im not really interested in the real card game just the online one so how could I purchase the boosters in the game?ALso when will tornament play start working?

You can buy online boosters using the gem system, you may be able to see that in the shop.

Other ways of getting boosters include completing the trainer challenge (results in 45 full boosters) and exchanging tokens for boosters.

Completing the trainer challenge also gets you a lot of staple cards such as double colorless energy, supporters, and items such as ultra ball.

To get tokens to "buy" packs simply login each day (10 tokens) and play one PVP match (16 tokens). Playing any additional PVP matches will give you 1-3 tokens. Logging in daily will also result in a free pack on occasion, which is pretty nice! :D

Tournament play may come out later in the summer if I'm not mistaken, but I am not too sure how high on the priority list it is at the moment.

I hope that answers all your questions!

Unfortunately I cannot but gems as it is only available for canada atm.Is there a way to buy just the code?Also when you say beat the trainer challenge do you mean beat each trainer once? and is any difficulty fine?

Yes, there are ways to buy just the codes; no, you cannot do it directly through the game, and we are not allowed to discuss it so you will have to use your imagination.

To get a grand total of 45 (locked, non-tradeable) standard 10-card booster packs from the Trainer Challenge, you must beat each AI opponent about 5-6 times on the highest difficulty setting, or whatever it takes to max out their "trainer stars" to 4 total @ 30,000 points (take advantage of weakness to maximize damage and your scores). The previous 3 stars for each trainer yield increasing amounts of tokens (which can only be used to buy locked/non-tradeable 5-card boosters from the shop with often dubious pull rates, spend tokens on theme decks instead if you can use those cards at all). With 12 opponents in each of 3 leagues, this makes for 12 x 3 = 36 booster packs; 9 more come from the fact that when you "4 star" every opponent in a league, you get 3 more 10-card locked packs.

Lastly, by the end of February a decision will hopefully be reached by the developers about whether or not they even want to attempt creating Tournament Mode. More information will be available by the next monthly game update.

Archived