Software Rollback

jbcheshire

With there being so many issues with this update, I suggest a rollback to the previous version while all of these issues are addressed. Instead of making us wait weeks till any updated changes are made, because there are so many of them I can't even imagine where to start so that the game is fun and playable again..

I'm not trying to be negative but things are so bad that I don't even want to play anymore till these things are fixed. It is so frustrating to keep having new things pop up while trying to play a game...

Anyway, that is just my honest opinion and Suggestion...

Thanks for listening.

Well I have done development work too and not every software is the same. I have worked with many applications that could be and did have to be rolled back if something new didn't work as expected...

If they wait too long then most people are going to give up on this effort and a lot of newcomers will be discouraged from ever giving it a fair shot...

A rollback is not feasible. We'll hotfix major issues as they arise, and make adjustments for other issues during our regular game updates.

How do developers determine what changes to make anyway? I feel like the community is just not involved enough. I highly doubt most players would have given this update the nod if they saw it prior to its release.

Is there some sort of hierarchy of changes which need to be made? It's like we get aesthetic changes too often but mechanical things like Dusknoir's "Sinister Hand" don't happen.

And in many cases recently, we've taken steps backward - e.g. The deck not depleting as you thin it out, the public trade filter vanishing, expired trades still showing...

We'll hotfix major issues as they arise.

Dear Mathis,

The hotfix yesterday did not fix one of the major issues. I am still being randomly pulled into battle from the lobby (trading, chat) area. Yes, the hotfix may have fixed being pulled into battle from another battle, but it did not fix being pulled into battle from the lobby (which is worse, since your intention is not to battle but chat with friends, do trades, etc.). Please fix this major issue that you are now aware of, that has arose, as you stated you would do. I rest assured you are telling us the truth (your quote above) and will now fix this issue immediately. Thank you very much,

So many new things are just so much more inferior in almost every way in comparison to the old version. Why should a rollback 'not be feasible' when almost nobody likes this new interface. I mean, keep some of the new UI / filtering options, but the playmat is just plain silly looking and unrealistic in comparison to how it used to look...it just doesn't function nearly as well. I've invested far too much money into this game to let it be turned into this....

- Deck doesn't deplete as you thin it out (as mentioned above)

- must right click to zoom in AND zoom out of cards, no more left clicking outside of zoomed-in card

- The whole playmat just looks far away and zoomed out, making details nearly indistinguishable on screens smaller than 20'' or so

- the whole look of the interface just looks smushed and cluttered on smaller screens

- NO public trade filtering whatsoever and you have us searching for XY cards with coded text (xy1_23 or whatever) like that somehow fixes the issue and makes it better....

There are just too many things to list. I don't enjoy coming on here and complaining, and I never did before or used to have to. These are actually my first and only thread posts since becoming a player. But every time I log in I just get so frustrated and utterly confused about the sever decrease in quality that I feel forced to voice my opinions. Some functionality has increased in quality, but why anyone felt it was necessary to overhaul any of the aesthetics in any way is beyond me, especially when all it's done is lead to controversy, massive bugs and an overall decrease in the game's quality.

This whole situation is just really disappointing.

EDIT: I wrote this upon waking up this morning, so it might have a little more emotional heat than was necessary.

Waking up & immediately feeling the need to vent frustration about PTCGO update = GOD, my life is pathetic! LOL #Pokeblessed

So many new things are just so much more inferior in almost every way in comparison to the old version. Why should a rollback 'not be feasible' when almost nobody likes this new interface. I mean, keep some of the new UI / filtering options, but the playmat is just plain silly looking and unrealistic in comparison to how it used to look...it just doesn't function nearly as well. I've invested far too much money into this game to let it be turned into this....

- Deck doesn't deplete as you thin it out (as mentioned above)

- must right click to zoom in AND zoom out of cards, no more left clicking outside of zoomed-in card

- The whole playmat just looks far away and zoomed out, making details nearly indistinguishable on screens smaller than 20'' or so

- the whole look of the interface just looks smushed and cluttered on smaller screens

- NO public trade filtering whatsoever and you have us searching for XY cards with coded text (xy1_23 or whatever) like that somehow fixes the issue and makes it better....

There are just too many things to list. I don't enjoy coming on here and complaining, and I never did before or used to have to. These are actually my first and only thread posts since becoming a player. But every time I log in I just get so frustrated and utterly confused about the sever decrease in quality that I feel forced to voice my opinions. Some functionality has increased in quality, but why anyone felt it was necessary to overhaul any of the aesthetics in any way is beyond me, especially when all it's done is lead to controversy, massive bugs and an overall decrease in the game's quality.

This whole situation is just really disappointing.

EDIT: I wrote this upon waking up this morning, so it might have a little more emotional heat than was necessary.

Waking up & immediately feeling the need to vent frustration about PTCGO update = GOD, my life is pathetic! LOL #Pokeblessed

I actually feel this is justified. It's so clear that, ignoring a couple of good changes, this was a giant step backward for PTCGO. Building on what we currently had would have been better than a giant overhaul.

Archived